Jump to content

  • OVF player sponsorship 2022

    £10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Manager Merry-Go- Round 2021-22


robf
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Pardrew has left cska sofia due to a percentage of racists fans ( shock horror) 

Next Burnley manager I wonder ? 

No, he's already had enough of racist fans!😆

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


Advert:


On 14/06/2022 at 21:21, Walka003 said:

Hopefully Southgate is the next on the merry go round

Not with the second highest win ratio of any England manager in history,who's taken charge of more than ten matches he won't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


Not with the second highest win ratio of any England manager in history,who's taken charge of more than ten matches he won't.
Second highest win ratio for a nation that's won one major trophy. Not a huge achievement in my eyes really.

If we went into club football I reckon he'd get a top half championship job.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The England job is a strange one, I realise Southgate is relatively inexperienced and people are calling for Pochettino or similar. But remember we have tried foreign, and Capello n Eriksson were at the time the highest paid managers in world football. If Germany appoint from within and achieve success why can’t we. Perhaps we need to persevere with Southgate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in no rush to jettison Gareth Southgate.  Only Alf Ramsey has taken us further in the World Cup, and Bobby Robson taken us as far as Gareth.  No one has taken us further  than Gareth in the European Nations Cup.

Of those three which one do you think has the highest win percentage as England manager?  Gareth Southgate is the answer.

We have had a run of poor results in the last two weeks. No argument there.  Carol did not dump Darrell when we went a run last season at the end of 2021 and beginning of 2022 and we won just 2 games out of 10.  That decision worked out well for us.

Pleading for Gareth's dismissal now is not sensible in any way

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Essex Vale said:

I am in no rush to jettison Gareth Southgate.  Only Alf Ramsey has taken us further in the World Cup, and Bobby Robson taken us as far as Gareth.  No one has taken us further  than Gareth in the European Nations Cup.

Of those three which one do you think has the highest win percentage as England manager?  Gareth Southgate is the answer.

We have had a run of poor results in the last two weeks. No argument there.  Carol did not dump Darrell when we went a run last season at the end of 2021 and beginning of 2022 and we won just 2 games out of 10.  That decision worked out well for us.

Pleading for Gareth's dismissal now is not sensible in any way

 

 

Alf Ramsay and to some extent Bobby Robson didn’t play San Marino Andorra Latvia Estonia and so on that’s probably why Southgate has a better win percentage 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


1 hour ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Alf Ramsay and to some extent Bobby Robson didn’t play San Marino Andorra Latvia Estonia and so on that’s probably why Southgate has a better win percentage 

That's not Gareth's fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Walka003 said:

Second highest win ratio for a nation that's won one major trophy. Not a huge achievement in my eyes really.

If we went into club football I reckon he'd get a top half championship job.

A bit like Alf Ramsey then?👍😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    • Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please - Contact us here
    • If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here
    • Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here
  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...