• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Manager Merry-Go- Round 2021-22

robf

Advert:

19 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

Phil Brown now appointed at Barrow. One of those people who leave you questioning just how they keep getting jobs. That’s Barrow going down I reckon.

I met Phil a few times when he was at Southend and I was doing some corporate work with the club.  He is a nice guy, passionate, articulate but verbose.  I imagine that it is this latter quality which confuses his players.  

Since he stopped working with Brian Horton as his right hand man things have not gone well for him.  I do not see him adding any value to Barrow. 

Their appointments since Ian Evatt left have been pretty dire.  David Dunn, Michael Jolly, Mark Cooper and now Phil Brown.  The only success in that time has been Rob Kelly in the various times he acted in that role.  I guess he does not want to job and is happy being assistant at Wigan.

• 3 weeks later...
Advert:

19 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Artell sacked, Radio Stoke listeners to welcome the silence

About 6 months too late according to my Crewe supporting mate.

He did endear himself to me after deserting us like a rat when the ship hit choppy water.

37 minutes ago, EricHamesis said:

Didn't see that coming.

When was the last time a team got relegated but kept their manager? (Apart from Burnley / Dyche himself.)

Not sure what Burnley's hierachy think this will achieve? With only 8 games to go, whoever is the replacement will need to be a miracle worker!  Dyche has kept Burnley in the Premiership longer than most commentators could have reasonably expected--careful what you wish for Burnley!!

Advert:

Who can do a better job than Sean Dyche at Burnley? Absolutely nobody. Well maybe Diego Simeone.

Every year that Burnley stay up is a huge achievement. I won't say it's a miracle, but for each of the last five seasons Dyche has done an almost miraculous job in keeping Burnley in the Premier League, and that's after getting them promoted out of the Championship.

It's a shame really. When Rudge was sacked there were protests and demonstrations. Nowadays it's par for the course for chairmen to sack legendary managers as soon as they hit a rough patch.

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, robf said:

Rob Edwards leaves FGR for Watford prompting this particularly catty statement from Rovers:

Oofft. Can feel the anger in that message.

Going off Watford record of sack the manager after a few months, I can't see Edwards lasting long sadly. 

Huge risk going there. Especially with Watford fans angry at the board already and expecting to bounce back up next season.

Advert:

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Oofft. Can feel the anger in that message.

Going off Watford record of sack the manager after a few months, I can't see Edwards lasting long sadly. 

Huge risk going there. Especially with Watford fans angry at the board already and expecting to bounce back up next season.

FGR only limped over the line because of us, yet three months ago they were a country mile in front of all other clubs. Just my opinion which is the same as Boslems they’ll be sacked, if they aren’t top of the league after 10-12 games. Still they’ll get their contracts paid up. Sounds like they’ve approached them illegally, breaking all rules. An investigation should start and if this is the case points deducted as they’ll be able to afford a fine, as it would be of great magnitude.

Edited by Playa Amodores

Posted (edited)

Scott Brown (Celtic one) new manager of Fleetwood Town. Huge gamble taking a recently retired player on , although they did the same Barton and he didn't do to bad I suppose. They certainly have a thing for Sh*tehouse footballers 

Edited by boslemportvale91
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Scott Brown (Celtic one) new manager of Fleetwood Town. Huge gamble taking a recently retired player on , although they did the same Barton and he didn't do to bad I suppose. They certainly have a thing for Sh*tehouse footballers 

Time always tells but very strange appointment...no obvious contacts in teams around the North West ...maybe Crltic loanees?...