Manager Merry-Go- Round 2021-22

robf

Advert:

1 hour ago, Guppys left peg said:

Can remember there were a number of people who wanted him over DC at one point. I’m glad we made the right call.

I think with Adams his style is more suited to a Morecambe type club than someone like Bradford. I could see him end up at Barrow or Stevenage at some point and do well there.

I don’t think folk wanted him over DC because Clarke wasn’t on the radar until he was actually appointed. He had success at Morecambe on a low budget and had it promotion at Plymouth. Bradford appears to be a basket case. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Who would have thought that the greatest manager to grace gods green earth wasn't utterly perfect! hahahaha

Flynn favourite given he played for Bradford... Walsall fans gutted as they wanted him.

Flynn or McCann would be my choice.

There is a serious problem at Bradford City.  The rate at which they sack managers is ridiculous.  The money they spend for little outcome is further evidence of gross mismanagement deep into the DNA of the club.

Let's see who is the next sacrificial victim.

I suspect Derek Adams will have a very nice pay off, and he will get another job at a team similar to Morecambe where expectations are not quite so high.

6 minutes ago, Essex Vale said:

There is a serious problem at Bradford City.  The rate at which they sack managers is ridiculous.  The money they spend for little outcome is further evidence of gross mismanagement deep into the DNA of the club.

I suspect Derek Adams will have a very nice pay off, and he will get another job at a team similar to Morecambe where expectations are not quite so high.

I was going to say a similar thing @Essex Vale - eight months is little time to turn a club around. That's why, should DC get us into promotion contention this season it's way ahead of my expectations (though I'd welcome it of course) as I think someone needs more than two transfer windows to turn around a failing squad.

It's a really odd one as Bradford clearly invested in Adams, allowed him to sign a lot of players and now someone else has to come in, has no way of changing the players around till the summer and they start again from scratch, probably with another huge turnaround of players. I would have thought that Adams, with his good reputation, would have been given (and perhaps deserves) more time than he has. 

• Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Who would have thought that the greatest manager to grace gods green earth wasn't utterly perfect! hahahaha

Flynn favourite given he played for Bradford... Walsall fans gutted as they wanted him.

Your obsession with adams just because some thought he would be a good appointment really is odd. Very good manager and like others hasn’t worked at Bradford. Don’t think a manager that gets a side like Morecambe is a bad manager though…..

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, robf said:

I was going to say a similar thing @Essex Vale - eight months is little time to turn a club around. That's why, should DC get us into promotion contention this season it's way ahead of my expectations (though I'd welcome it of course) as I think someone needs more than two transfer windows to turn around a failing squad.

It's a really odd one as Bradford clearly invested in Adams, allowed him to sign a lot of players and now someone else has to come in, has no way of changing the players around till the summer and they start again from scratch, probably with another huge turnaround of players. I would have thought that Adams, with his good reputation, would have been given (and perhaps deserves) more time than he has. 

Perhaps they would be better off with a Director of Football. 

21 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Perhaps they would be better off with a Director of Football. 

I wonder if we will see more and more teams going down that path over the next few years... especially at a club like Bradford who can afford one.

17 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I wonder if we will see more and more teams going down that path over the next few years... especially at a club like Bradford who can afford one.

Well they can lay off ours.. I'm quite happy thank you very much.

The DoF isnt for everyone. A more experienced manager may feel constrained by the DoF. Fortunately it seems to be working brilliantly for us. 

Would you want to be a DoF at a club like Bradford with its revolving door?

1 hour ago, manc_vale said:

Well they can lay off ours.. I'm quite happy thank you very much.

The DoF isnt for everyone. A more experienced manager may feel constrained by the DoF. Fortunately it seems to be working brilliantly for us. 

Would you want to be a DoF at a club like Bradford with its revolving door?

Why not? DoF decision on who to appoint as a manager. One to suit the players already assembled, just need a motivator and tactician with experience of the footballing style of the club.

Advert:

8 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Why not? DoF decision on who to appoint as a manager. One to suit the players already assembled, just need a motivator and tactician with experience of the footballing style of the club.

Why not indeed. And I am sure there are many out there currently out of work who would send in applications. Good luck to them, they will need it. 

4 hours ago, Essex Vale said:

You mean a club like Walsall 🥴

Advert:

13 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Bradford is probably one of the biggest jobs in our league. This will allow them to appoint from above L2 or some fickle manager will see it as their big chance and jump ship from their current club.

I should imagine Rob Edwards at FGR will be in demand?

2 minutes ago, For Us All said:

I should imagine Rob Edwards at FGR will be in demand?

Couldn’t rule out what you’ve said, but they look a well organised club unlike Bradford which I’d describe as chaotic.  Surely better to be somewhere that’s organised and where you are liked. 

• Like 1

Shows how funny football is, I had Adams down as my favourite to succeed  Askey and would have been happy had he done so, he hasn't lasted 5 minutes at Bradford and has proved to be very unpopular, shows my judgement is flawed and how difficult it is to get the right guy.

Managers can be a right fit for a club Flynn could succeed at Walsall or was Newport his right fit? obviously only time will tell. It shows what a difficult business football is to manage.

• Like 1