Match Thread: FAC 1 : Port Vale v Accrington Stanley

Fosse69

1 minute ago, philmpv said:

Was a bit bored so had a quick look at the Accy forum match thread. Really funny how it seems that all fans are the same across the country - Play 3 at the back and concede? We need a flat back 4! emoji16.png

Two up top. Get it into the box. etc etc

• Like 1

Advert:

28 minutes ago, Old fort said:

No doubt his players are going to have  nice and gentle "never mind lads,  you didn't do anything wrong, we were just a bit unlucky" team debrief on Monday morning.  

Wouldn't like to be at that "debriefing" 

9 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I think it has a lot to do with how Smith defends,he gets really tight and close to players and a lot dont like that so try to push him off and they do have a tendency to flick arms and elbows about,its just that the last 2 have connected,its a bit of justice for Smith as when he goes up for corners he is pulled all over the place with nothing given.

On a side note have we actually had a penalty yet this season? I cant remember any

Good job he didn't have to come up against the huggable Mr Shawcross every week.

Advert:

5 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I was there on Saturday and will be there on Tuesday night. I am behind the club but I don't like Clark or his management "style"

Fair enough. You don't have to like him. You can still be a supporter even if you dont particularly like the man. Just enjoy the results.

As you are there for the games, I presume that you are enjoying the football the team is playing. 

Personally, I think he is a breath of fresh air... DC and DF have revolutionised the squad into a well drilled winning unit in less than 1/2 season. I think Carol has pulled a blinder in getting him and DF. For me he is the best manager we have had since Rudge. He is getting results and the squad is right behind him... Not only is he getting results, but he is doing it with quality football. Not some 'longer grass on the wing' trick, or 'put a big unit up front and pump balls up to him' horrid style. Its great football, with through balls wingers etc...

Thats all I need to know really. The rest, the interviews, the opinions, is just noise.

Edited by manc_vale
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I was there on Saturday and will be there on Tuesday night. I am behind the club but I don't like Clark or his management "style"

Didn't you say earlier in the season,  something along the lines of, that you have nothing against him as a person?  

Why not have a go at being objective about our current state of affairs based on fact, instead of your emotionally subjectivity which is diven by nothing more  than your now admitted personal dislike for an individual?  Though to be subjective is, as you correctly point out, is your opinion and you have a perfect right to it.

Advert:

Advert:

For one Tom Pope was a brilliant servant to Vale anyone who thinks differently is not to be taken seriously .
However Port Vale had to move on eventually from Popey leading the line so if that's a reason to not attend ,well how ridiculous ,the football at Vale is the best I've seen for years every player is thriving (no one is sulking ),everyone is working and enjoying there work we are showing character and heart weekly
These are great times you either Vale or your not ,after witnessing having bellies tickled far too many times for my liking under certain ex managers where the team showed no heart and were totally unprofessional its refreshing have a manager who says what he sees ,reacts at half time whether winning or losing and for me has being absolutely superb along with every member of the playing staff he as brought in and he as brought on the local lads who have all significantly improved under Darrell Clark in my opinion .
So stop moaning and start encouraging Accrington are a good side and we have thrashed them having being mainly first half bar goal from Wilson and run from Politic where he glided past 4 of there players like they were not there abject .
UTV

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rudgiesflatcap said:

Where does the opinion Dazzer isn’t a nice bloke come from?
I was waiting in the reception at Vale park just after the Bolton game waiting to collect something. 
DC came walking through and asked if I was being looked after.

He then went on to spend a good 15. Minutes talking to me about his thoughts on how he wanted the team to play, his ambitions for the club and thanking myself and all the supporters for their brilliant support during the games. 
He had no reason to do this, I’m just one of the thousands of fans.It was in the morning while the players were passing through for training. He obviously had a busy day ahead preparing for the next game, but he spent his valuable time thanking myself and all the supporters for attending. 
what’s not to like about him?

It comes pretty much entirely from his interview technique of cutting off the interviewer mid question, which I must admit I dislike intensely.  Let’s remember that initially DC didn’t exactly get off to a dream start so his saltiness was somewhat more apparent than in more recent times.  Add this to the fact that it was in complete contrast to the previous managers manner which helped people to form an opinion that JC is a nasty man.

I think most fans have seen and heard enough to know that DC is actually not so bad after all.  I’d guess most couldn’t give a stuff either way as long as we’re successful.

I think the fact he spent 15 minutes with you says it all really.  If he can’t spend at least half an hour why bother.  Terrible attitude DC.  Shocking in fact.  😂😂😂

• Like 1