Match Thread: FAC 1 : Port Vale v Accrington Stanley

Fosse69

Come on guys lay off RZ, every time Vale win the same mob are calling for and unloading on him, it really is poor form and distasteful. It’s just not right and an affront to the club and the spirit Carole and Kevin are building.

We’re all Vale at the end of the day.

• Like 1

Advert:

Ok. Perfectly civil conversation. 

3 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I am behind the club but I don't like Clark or his management "style"

Why not? The players very much do. Carol does. It's very clearly working to a degree we haven't seen since the 90s. What do you honestly dislike so much about the "style"? I really don't get it. 

I also don't get that "enjoy it while it lasts" comment, which is a really odd thing for a Vale fan to say about Vale being successful. Could you please elaborate?

Edited by Doha

I think it has a lot to do with how Smith defends,he gets really tight and close to players and a lot dont like that so try to push him off and they do have a tendency to flick arms and elbows about,its just that the last 2 have connected,its a bit of justice for Smith as when he goes up for corners he is pulled all over the place with nothing given.
On a side note have we actually had a penalty yet this season? I cant remember any
Didn't we have one in the Paint Pot? Or have I imagined that?

Advert:

20 minutes ago, Doha said:

Ok. Perfectly civil conversation. 

Why not? The players very much do. Carol does. It's very clearly working to a degree we haven't seen since the 90s. What do you honestly dislike so much about the "style"? I really don't get it. 

I would not invite DC around for dinner.  But in football results talk <ovf censored> walks.  The man and Flipchart are doing the bizz so far. So I don't see why sceptics (such as myself)  should say anything other than, I was wrong, and enjoy the ride.  We've played some terrific stuff this season.

12 hours ago, jeffers said:

“Coleman also thought Vale supporters were derogatory about his League One side in the closing stages. But he believes the game that could have gone Accrington’s way with the benefit of more luck and key decisions he felt wrongly went against them.

He said: “We could have easily won that game today, playing no different. That is football. People will just pick the paper up or look at the TV or the internet – they don’t really have papers any more do they? – people look at the internet and see 5-1 - ‘oh, Accrington have been thumped’ .

“Their fans were very derogatory about us towards the end. We will see if we play them next year if they are saying the same thing. They would be lucky to play us next year so let’s see.”

Just to make it clear Mr Coleman, the game is not about how much possession that you have it’s what you do with it. To moan about Smith when you have Pell throwing himself to the ground at every moment is truly unbelievable.

Additionally, we had a striker a cut above who could actually score and defenders who can defend. Yes ,I agree with the possession bit, but in a passage of play in the 1st half, they must have put 30 passes together without us having a touch, ultimately that 30th pass was back in their own half. Their possession stats didn't mean a jot because of the. tremendous work of our team, so after the first 25 mins it was little more than benign keep ball. If he wants to celebrate that, then let him 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, valefan16 said:

He left Walsall because of lack of backing and structure didn’t he? Salford as anyone knows watching the class of 92 have virtually zero infrastructure such as training ground.

And a ground modeled on a cake tin

12 hours ago, 1 said:

Teams were all happy to praise our bravery, fighting spirit and bits of good football when we were losing. Now we smash teams apart and then get abused by fans, players and managers during and after the games. Clubs hate the winners around them through envy and anxiety. Don’t listen to the patronising “you’ll get there old sport, cheer up” comments when we lose, listen to the excuses and retelling of the obvious when we win. Football is a nasty game and everyone’s trying to take you down when you’re winning.

Accrington are a L2 team standing quietly in L1 hoping nobody’s noticed them, we’re the opposite.

We’re not scared and your comments are embarrassing. <ovf censored> off back to the cowshed because we’re off for another crack at Pep, duck.

Over recent years, most of the teams who eventually got promoted, never looked any great shakes when we played them, yet they still managed to win enough games to secure a promotion spot. Looking like that could be us judging by some of the opposition after match comments,  bar a few notable and gracious exceptions

Advert:

Does anyone know what the AS players were appealing for when Wilson scored his third. It definitely wasn’t handball and neither did the ball go out of play when crossed.?
It went out by about a foot I was right by it and couldn't believe that the linesman gave it.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Coleman talking about what could have happened instead of addressing what actually happened. 

No doubt his players are going to have  nice and gentle "never mind lads,  you didn't do anything wrong, we were just a bit unlucky" team debrief on Monday morning.  

12 hours ago, darren1810 said:

His derogatory comments quote is a laugh too 

Hasn't he heard terrace banter and sarcasm before

Chants of 

Can we play you every week.

You're **** and you know you are 

And yesterday's we want 6

It's all part of football gallows humour. 

What an absolute pleb he has made himself look. 

That famous Scouse wit and humour eh?  Well renowned for giving it, but doesn't travel well on the reverse journey. 

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

Come on guys lay off RZ, every time Vale win the same mob are calling for and unloading on him, it really is poor form and distasteful. It’s just not right and an affront to the club and the spirit Carole and Kevin are building.

We’re all Vale at the end of the day.

I'm not so sure he is vale. My attitude is to just ignore him - everytime one of his posts gets replied to he is getting attention, which ironically is happening by me breaking my own rule here 🤪

• Like 1

Advert:

12 hours ago, 1 said:

Teams were all happy to praise our bravery, fighting spirit and bits of good football when we were losing. Now we smash teams apart and then get abused by fans, players and managers during and after the games. Clubs hate the winners around them through envy and anxiety. Don’t listen to the patronising “you’ll get there old sport, cheer up” comments when we lose, listen to the excuses and retelling of the obvious when we win. Football is a nasty game and everyone’s trying to take you down when you’re winning.

Bang on. When we were a powderpuff but nice side who knocked about upper mid-table without roughing anyone up, we were always on the end of nice comments. Good side. Good club. We'd come on here every week complaining about time-wasting + diving, whilst the other team absconded with the points.

Now we're humiliating people on a weekly basis and suddenly we're reviled. Yems and Coleman both crying, both experienced men. Rattled. It's clear that Smith has perfected the fine art of winding opposition players up to the extent where they elbow him, all whilst avoiding detection from the officials. He is the most cynical, dirty player I've seen at Vale; all shirt-pulling and sneaky elbows. World class gamesmanship. Covolan gave him a firm handshake for his successful role in the red card yesterday, which is akin to getting told 'well done' by Usain Bolt for a successful sprint.

We're a horrible side to play against with a load of aggressive players who will win at any cost. As it should be. I honestly don't care how we do it. It's excellent to watch us slam 5 past tinpot farmers on a weekly basis but I get as much satisfaction through a horrendous, ill-deserved 1-0 robbery. We simply must get out of this diabolical division and never look back. Smash it up and leave the smouldering wreckage for Crewe to deal with.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Conrad said:

Maybe spreading out to make it look like they brought a crowd.

if it had been an away tie instead of home, we would have taken over 1000 ( if their away end holds that many)

After Colemans comments,  if we do play them next season,  we will take the maximum allocation