Match Thread: FAC 1 : Port Vale v Accrington Stanley

Fosse69

3 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

I don’t have much of a problem with Coleman’s comments.  In the heat of the moment, having watched his team go from being in complete control to total disarray, most of what he says is understandable coming straight after a 5-1 tonking.  Not every manager will pay respect to the opposition and I though he was getting more wound up as the interview wore on, culminating in his comments about us playing them next season.

The game itself saw us start poorly, I felt maybe giving them a bit too much respect.  They missed their chances and we made them pay as we grew more into the game and pressed higher up the pitch as time went on.  Second half it looked like we could score almost every time we went up the pitch.

The lad who got sent off was having a battle with Smith all game and my worry at the time was that both players might have seen red if the liner had seen Smith do something to cause their player to react.  Not sure if their was an elbow but the guys arm was definitely high.

I think it has a lot to do with how Smith defends,he gets really tight and close to players and a lot dont like that so try to push him off and they do have a tendency to flick arms and elbows about,its just that the last 2 have connected,its a bit of justice for Smith as when he goes up for corners he is pulled all over the place with nothing given.

On a side note have we actually had a penalty yet this season? I cant remember any

• Like 1

Just now, werstayinup said:

I think it has a lot to do with how Smith defends,he gets really tight and close to players and a lot dont like that so try to push him off and they do have a tendency to flick arms and elbows about,its just that the last 2 have connected,its a bit of justice for Smith as when he goes up for corners he is pulled all over the place with nothing given.

On a side note have we actually had a penalty yet this season? I cant remember any

Smithy does have a tendency to give forwards "a bit of a cuddle"

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Platty's Tassels said:

Considering Bradford only got 3000, that did surprise me I have to say.

Just shows you that they get big league crowds because of their dirt cheap season tickets imo,if they were put out at 300 i would think they would get around 6 or 7k for league games and not 12-13k

21 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

No penalties yet . I know for definite as I've been backing Conlon at 12/1 for first goal. Got a nice win at Mansfield£39.00 but it's unusual the lack of penalties. To be honest I can't remember appealing for many either . 

19 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Clarke's win ratio for us is now 48.4%

Wow...and that includes a difficult start where it took 7 games to register the 1st win, plus a <ovf censored> final game of the season where lads who couldn't get in the team started and couldn't be arsed.

Very very impressive win ratio.

31 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Clarke's win ratio for us is now 48.4%

The silence from the anti crowd is deafening and for me truly sad that they cant even come and say that they got it wrong

Biding their time waiting for a loss. Pathetic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does anyone know what the AS players were appealing for when Wilson scored his third. It definitely wasn’t handball and neither did the ball go out of play when crossed.?
Ball went out. Clear as day on the highlights, at least from the angle we see it

1 hour ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:
Does anyone know what the AS players were appealing for when Wilson scored his third. It definitely wasn’t handball and neither did the ball go out of play when crossed.?

Ball went out. Clear as day on the highlights, at least from the angle we see it

I’ve watched it back and stopped it and it was out of play for a goal kick, but the ref was nowhere near the action. We’ll probably get five that goes against us, so let’s be thankful for it. See we’re number 39 in the draw tomorrow 

• Like 1