Match Thread: FAC 1 : Port Vale v Accrington Stanley

Fosse69

5 minutes ago, dantheman said:

Can’t decide if your joking. His interview yesterday day was a bit odd I’ll grant you but the bloke has worked miracles at Accy and deserves great plaudits. I’d of had him at the vale in a heart beat if it weren’t for our current set up.

I've long been a big fan of him. Am being facetious. He made a dog's breakfast of the game yesterday, mind.

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

Anybody mentioned Gibbo yet?  After we’d had a tough first half, where he got booked for a crunching tackle, he had their wide right player in his pocket. I can’t remember the guy beating him second half and his composure and execution to pick out Cass for the goal was excellent.  Maybe should’ve blocked the shot for their goal if I’m being critical.  It seemed to go straight through him giving Covolan no chance.

Been immense since coming back!! Add to that that he was out with what could have been a career ending injury and he is playing out of position makes it even more impressive. 

• Like 1

I have to agree with some of what Coleman has said. The first 30 minutes were AS pushing the ball around and they did create a couple of chances, but they didn’t take them. I was really surprised with the height in their side it wasn’t aerial bombardment. We scored against the run of play but they never threatened our goal after that. In the second half we came out and we were the team playing the football and they were chasing the game. Even at this point I didn’t feel that AS we’re going to score. The sending off was a big factor and I still don’t know why the player was sent off because having watched the bbc coverage I cannot see why he was sent off, perhaps fans in the Lorne Street saw it but I couldn’t see it from the RP. It’s credit to Vale that they then punished the ten men by pushing the ball around and upping the tempo. When Coleman says about fans being derogatory that’s football, I don’t agree with it but it’s football, but then he praised the Vale fans. I can recall when we were looking for a manager some wanted Coleman. Does anyone know why the AS fans stood in the aisle of the Hamil in single file and remained in that position for about twenty minutes. Well done to the lads and I hope that they get another hone tie in round two.

COYW

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I have to agree with some of what Coleman has said. The first 30 minutes were AS pushing the ball around and they did create a couple of chances, but they didn’t take them. I was really surprised with the height in their side it wasn’t aerial bombardment. We scored against the run of play but they never threatened our goal after that. In the second half we came out and we were the team playing the football and they were chasing the game. Even at this point I didn’t feel that AS we’re going to score. The sending off was a big factor and I still don’t know why the player was sent off because having watched the bbc coverage I cannot see why he was sent off, perhaps fans in the Lorne Street saw it but I couldn’t see it from the RP. It’s credit to Vale that they then punished the ten men by pushing the ball around and upping the tempo. When Coleman says about fans being derogatory that’s football, I don’t agree with it but it’s football, but then he praised the Vale fans. I can recall when we were looking for a manager some wanted Coleman. Does anyone know why the AS fans stood in the aisle of the Hamil in single file and remained in that position for about twenty minutes. Well done to the lads and I hope that they get another hone tie in round two.

COYW

Thought his comments of 'they'd be lucky to be playing us next year' was the sign of a manager whose head has gone. Inaccurate and a bit salty. 

He knows we pasted them and look good for promotion. He wound himself up mentioning the chants we did and made a daft comment. For such an experienced manager, he got very rattled. 

Edited by Joe B

10 minutes ago, philmpv said:

It was probably the 'You're f*****g <ovf censored>' chant that did it! emoji23.png

We treated them with the same healthy disrespect we give anybody.

Maybe other clubs patronise them a bit and they aren’t used to it.

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

I thought he was unbelievably good in the second half, could have scored too. One of this best pieces of work was in defending the back post at times and getting clattered in the process.  Although criticising him for the ball going through his legs for their goal is a touch harsh.

Yes harsh based on his overall performance but fair criticism, watch the replay, if he stands up and watches the ball that shot isn’t going through him as it did.  Perhaps nowadays there’s always a greater fear in a players mind of giving away a penalty for the slightest hint of a handball.

5 minutes ago, Aguar61 said:

Looked like a school dinner queue I thought.

Maybe spreading out to make it look like they brought a crowd.

if it had been an away tie instead of home, we would have taken over 1000 ( if their away end holds that many)

4 hours ago, philmpv said:

On a slightly miserable note, how did we lose 1000 off the gate yesterday? The game before was away, we're scoring for fun, playing great, the opposition were a league above, and tickets reduced to £15. Very disappointed in that myself

I actually thought the attendance was decent for the first round of the competition and considering we were playing a poorly supported club

• Like 2