Match Thread: FAC 1 : Port Vale v Accrington Stanley

Fosse69

If you watch all of Wilsons goals since joining that boy is capable of some utterly ridiculous finishes. 2 year deal, thanks again Carol.

In light of Coleman's interview I cannot overstate the mirth I feel that the ball did look easily out of touch for our 3rd. Ha ha ha ha ha. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Old fort said:

On the Accrington forum one said he hoped that Coley didn't blame the ref and most were bemoaning their lack of defensive qualities. Seemed to accept they got a pasting. 

Don't want to detract from an amazing win but their defending was non-league for some of our goals. So Coleman's right, we'll be very lucky to come up against such piss-poor defending when (not if) we're in League One next season.

If Covolan had let our fifth in, he'd have needed bodyguards to get back in to Vale Park 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, VantaaVale said:

Yeah. It's really annoying for us expats.

It is just so petty isn't it?  We are Vale who live abroad and pay our whack but can't even get to see even just the goals,

Edited by toyahw
  • Like 1

Sorry for being off topic. Having noticed the early KO time for the Bradford game I ASSUMED this was AS the 💩 were at home next Saturday too......😁

As this is not the case can someone confirm if we've obtained the dizzy heights of a live TV game plz and if so where?

👌

Edited by sheffield61
Spelling error
  • Like 1

The first half interested me immensely. What I saw was a Vale team standing strong, against a team dominating possession, and giving precious little away.
Sometimes it's like that.
We won't dominate every game.
It requires patience and a belief that our time will come.
It is something to be appreciated.
All part of the game in the round.
Even better was the ability to change things up, and exert influences, which certainly happened with the introduction of Ben Garrity, who played the best I've seen in the early part of the second half.
I loved it.
Especially getting really angry with their appalling gamesmanship!

And the ref allowing foul throws, followed by a coaching session to ensure their player learned his lesson well 🤔 Great entertainment!

Edited by SFBT
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Doha said:

If you watch all of Wilsons goals since joining that boy is capable of some utterly ridiculous finishes. 2 year deal, thanks again Carol.

In light of Coleman's interview I cannot overstate the mirth I feel that the ball did look easily out of touch for our 3rd. Ha ha ha ha ha. 

I'm not certain that it did, certainly the defender who almost stuck in in the back of his own net didn't think so.  Judging by the pace of the ball it was caught before it crossed the line completely.

I missed the 2nd goal at the game but the dummy by Wilson that leaves the defended on his arse is great.  We really needed someone with composure rather than just smacking it just to create that extra space.

16 hours ago, Conrad said:

Gutted, got me ticket then my daughter gets covid, just waiting for the results of my test.

According to government guidance I don’t need to self isolate as I’m double jabbed and have no symptoms, but don’t think it’s very clever to attend.

Turns out I am negative, phew.

• Like 6

On a slightly miserable note, how did we lose 1000 off the gate yesterday? The game before was away, we're scoring for fun, playing great, the opposition were a league above, and tickets reduced to £15. Very disappointed in that myself

1 minute ago, philmpv said:

On a slightly miserable note, how did we lose 1000 off the gate yesterday? The game before was away, we're scoring for fun, playing great, the opposition were a league above, and tickets reduced to £15. Very disappointed in that myself

I'm not so sure mate. FA cup nothing like it was to punters .

Crewe 2300, Bradford 3000 odd, Northampton 3700 v Cambridge. 

Ours was one of the better gates. I think it was reasonable myself. 

Accrington aren't the biggest pull either. Buxton or Gateshead would of brought more support. 

• Like 3