Match Thread: FAC 1 : Port Vale v Accrington Stanley

Fosse69

Just can someone confirm I'm not going mad please. 

There was a passage of play when Pett got a head injury. 3 or 4 passes later Accrington hit it 20 foot wide after the ref played on. 

He then proceeded to give a drop ball instead of a goal kick and Pett walked to the sidelines. 

I'm right that I witnessed that aren't I ? 

Advert:

23 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

Vale , what can I say? After so many years if turmoil, strife, absolutely idiots in charge, we now have owners who are Vale through and through like a stick of Rick, players that have a pride in the shirt and a smile on their faces and a full management team that are flying in the face if many criticisms when they were appointed. By God its frigging brilliant to be a Valiant now!   Football, goals, excitement, entertainment,  wins, thrills delights to watch.......and is more.        Cant wax enough lyrical about the mighty whites. Supporting this Club has been so turbulent so lets a rejoice in a brilliant new era of optimism.      Magic Carol and her cohorts, we have so much to thank you for. We will wallow in self glory whilst this lasts. Love to all connected with the mighty Port Vale.🥰👍

Couldn't have put it better. Well done, says it all.

3 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Just shows RZ isn't actually a vale fan because he cant bare the thought of posting on here now we are going well

Conspicuous by his absence after Crawley.

Don't worry we'll inevitably lose a game and he'll be posting at 17-00pm 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Advert:

1 hour ago, Vale1995 said:

A non league side at home would be a perfect draw to get us in the hat i know they are potential banana skins as all you've got to look at is kings lynn but i cannot see a non league team causing us any problems with our squad this year

That is tempting fate with too many bad memories.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Guest Vale at home
1 hour ago, tommytunstall said:

Just returned to Vale Park on a regular basis. What have I been missing? Wonderful performance again today. Bringing the good times back.

Welcome Back . Tommy 

21 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

Sorry about my previous post  Its a bit tipsy turvy due to me being a bit worse the wear for drink.🍺Hope you all get the gist as I am now a very happy Valiant bunny.🐇

Hope you enjoy your stick of Rick! Been a Wakeman fan for long?

Advert:

2 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Ive supported vale for 20 years and this is the most excited ive ever been about our future as a club

First time in my lifetime that everyone is pulling together.

Owners, staff, manager, players, fans. All united. 

It's hard to describe how much I'm enjoying it. It's been utterly tripe to support Vale for 95% of the 21st century. Carol Shanahan is the number 1 best owner in professional football. Build the statue. 

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Old fort said:

Utter Scouse toss pot. Never changes, never will. Horrible bloke,  horrible team

John Coleman is a manager who I have huge respect for, he has been in the game a long time, so much so that his eyesight is deteriorating. Accy had all the 50-50 decisions their way, and if a player lifts his elbow up these days he is likely to go. Yes you did have most of the play for the first half hour but you were powder puff. And your comments about Vale not going up are disrespectful to Dazzler. If you’re tin pot team can survive in League 1, so can we.

• Like 2

Advert:

Loved it today.
The most excited and immersed I've been for years.
Reminded me of the late 80's.
This is an excellent squad of players, who stood up to a really ugly Accrington side, and overcame them second half.
Everyone played really well, Wilson total class, Garrity changed the game, Gibbo has as much energy as Wozza!
Fantastic performance.

• Like 2