onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC 1 : Port Vale v Accrington Stanley

Fosse69

5 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I was there on Saturday and will be there on Tuesday night. I am behind the club but I don't like Clark or his management "style"

Didn't you say earlier in the season,  something along the lines of, that you have nothing against him as a person?  

Why not have a go at being objective about our current state of affairs based on fact, instead of your emotionally subjectivity which is diven by nothing more  than your now admitted personal dislike for an individual?  Though to be subjective is, as you correctly point out, is your opinion and you have a perfect right to it.

Advert

Where does the opinion Dazzer isn’t a nice bloke come from?
I was waiting in the reception at Vale park just after the Bolton game waiting to collect something. 
DC came walking through and asked if I was being looked after.

He then went on to spend a good 15. Minutes talking to me about his thoughts on how he wanted the team to play, his ambitions for the club and thanking myself and all the supporters for their brilliant support during the games. 
He had no reason to do this, I’m just one of the thousands of fans.It was in the morning while the players were passing through for training. He obviously had a busy day ahead preparing for the next game, but he spent his valuable time thanking myself and all the supporters for attending. 
what’s not to like about him?

44 minutes ago, Rudgiesflatcap said:

I was waiting in the reception at Vale park just after the Bolton game waiting to collect something. 

He then went on to spend a good 15. Minutes talking to me about his thoughts on how he wanted the team to play, his ambitions for the club and thanking myself and all the supporters for their brilliant support during the games. 
He had no reason to do this, I’m just one of the thousands of fans.It was in the morning while the players were passing through for training. He obviously had a busy day ahead preparing for the next game, but he spent his valuable time thanking myself and all the supporters for attending. 

There are loads of stories like this about DC... from the vale and especially from Bristol Rovers fans. Even now, they love him and someone posted recently that they bumped into him at the end of the season and he spend ages chatting football and being a thoroughly nice bloke.

Certain people have it in their head that because he is short in interviews he's a bad bloke. 

But lets not forget some people on here thought we started slow because DC said they might in a press conference. Forget the fact he was taking the pressure of a new group of lads. Forget what he actually said to them as a group out of the public eye.... no, he said it in a 3 min interview on a Thursday and that enough for some people to form and lock in an opinion.

Its a strange fact that there is a subset of vale fans who don't want it to be DC that makes us successful. They want the vale to succeed... but they would rather it someone else other than DC. My guess its due to loyalty to Askey, or more commonly Popey. Cutting your nose to spite your face comes to mind.

This now professional football structure is unfamiliar, scary and, I'm guess, in their minds moves us towards the more soulless world of football where characters like Pope cant thrive.

Luckily that group seems to be getting smaller and smaller (and they are already a tiny minority) and I'm seeing examples of sensible people apologising and admitting they got it wrong.

Then there is the fact that some people have gone way WAAAAAY above not liking DC. They have systematically undermined every decision, signing, press conference. They made it their summers work to try and spread doubt into other vale fans minds about the new set up, to make it fail... the stories of people moaning on the terraces at Northampton really p*ssed me off because its so counter to everything we are trying to do.

Its a real shame because they are inhibiting their own joy... this could all come crumbling down over the next month and we could finish mid table. But for now, this is properly enjoyable to be part of.

Get onboard lads... UTV

For one Tom Pope was a brilliant servant to Vale anyone who thinks differently is not to be taken seriously .
However Port Vale had to move on eventually from Popey leading the line so if that's a reason to not attend ,well how ridiculous ,the football at Vale is the best I've seen for years every player is thriving (no one is sulking ),everyone is working and enjoying there work we are showing character and heart weekly
These are great times you either Vale or your not ,after witnessing having bellies tickled far too many times for my liking under certain ex managers where the team showed no heart and were totally unprofessional its refreshing have a manager who says what he sees ,reacts at half time whether winning or losing and for me has being absolutely superb along with every member of the playing staff he as brought in and he as brought on the local lads who have all significantly improved under Darrell Clark in my opinion .
So stop moaning and start encouraging Accrington are a good side and we have thrashed them having being mainly first half bar goal from Wilson and run from Politic where he glided past 4 of there players like they were not there abject .
UTV

2 hours ago, Rudgiesflatcap said:

It comes pretty much entirely from his interview technique of cutting off the interviewer mid question, which I must admit I dislike intensely.  Let’s remember that initially DC didn’t exactly get off to a dream start so his saltiness was somewhat more apparent than in more recent times.  Add this to the fact that it was in complete contrast to the previous managers manner which helped people to form an opinion that JC is a nasty man.

I think most fans have seen and heard enough to know that DC is actually not so bad after all.  I’d guess most couldn’t give a stuff either way as long as we’re successful.

I think the fact he spent 15 minutes with you says it all really.  If he can’t spend at least half an hour why bother.  Terrible attitude DC.  Shocking in fact.  😂😂😂

15 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

It comes pretty much entirely from his interview technique of cutting off the interviewer mid question, which I must admit I dislike intensely.  Let’s remember that initially DC didn’t exactly get off to a dream start so his saltiness was somewhat more apparent than in more recent times.  Add this to the fact that it was in complete contrast to the previous managers manner which helped people to form an opinion that JC is a nasty man.

I think most fans have seen and heard enough to know that DC is actually not so bad after all.  I’d guess most couldn’t give a stuff either way as long as we’re successful.

I think the fact he spent 15 minutes with you says it all really.  If he can’t spend at least half an hour why bother.  Terrible attitude DC.  Shocking in fact.  😂😂😂

What I'm liking is that we're becoming successful playing really decent football, with loads of thinking behind it.

The current standard is way beyond my expectations.

I honestly cannot believe or understand any Valiant fan not relishing and delighting in the current footballing revival by the mighty whites. Those of us who have suffered many, many years of disappointment and dull uninteresting season after season have now realised that an excellently run and organised club from top to bottom is alien to our minds.    The "younger" brigade of black and whiters are witnessing an incredible upturn in everything Port Vale.  Smiles on all faces each game make me a proud fan. I can hand on heart admit that I've never felt so good about our brilliant Club. Yes I've regularly attended home and away games for too many years to admit to and had to find many a cat to kick solidly up its rear end, so to speak, to reduce my obvious frustration and hurt. Nowadays cats actually visit my garden for a cuddle.😁  Seriously come on all unsundry of the Potteries population, visit Vale Park for a fix of how football ought to be played. Get involved and become a regular to enable you to say that you were there when the Phoenix truly arose from the ashes. Glory times ahead, I am convinced. Thank You earnestly Carol/ Kevin and the entire staff, management, players and anyone with Vale in their hearts. 👍 Count me in as one of the " new" Vale lovers.🥰

What excites me the most is that we have 1,000 Junior Valiant STs. 

I've noticed loads of younger fans in the Railway. I remember thinking about the back end of the Norman days that we were in deep trouble. Very few younger fans. 

The Foundation have done an absolutely outstanding job and are a huge asset to the club; Community Club of the Year was unreal, but they are now having a concrete impact in the long-term future of this club by attracting the next generation. It helps they're turning up and watching Matrix-fuelled masterclasses week in week out.

Stoke have lost half their fanbase and now is the time to strike. We're on the up and we need to be in the schools chucking out tickets. Get them in for free this year and walk the league, so they're begging Mum and Dad for a ST next year. Get them waving flags on the pitch pre-game, meeting the players. Ramp up the 'Fanzone' thing - permanent structure to facilitate indoor stuff over the winter? Championship thinking needed. 

We've got a core of local lads who need to be at the forefront of promotion and community engagement. Stoke haven't got a single Stoke-born lad on the books - Powell from Crewe is the closest. Hammer it home. Get Conlon and Gibbo out there. Stoke play in a soulless plastic ground next to an incinerator a half hour walk from anything worthwhile. Into these. Gloves off. 

Lucas too. Brazilian keeper who scores goals and has played against Alisson and Coutinho? Easy stuff. Flitters can sell anything. Get his Brentisms all over the media. Co-ordinated campaign. More proactive on Youtube and TikTok, the realm of teenagers. Get the Josh lad off Twitter to make more engaging videos. 

I know there's money to be made in the short-term but think long-term here; get some promotional deals in order for the bigger games (Walsall, Christmas stuff) where the kids get in free and get a scarf and a Twix or something, I don't know. First time in my lifetime the club's on firm footing and we need to be relentless on this front. We limped through the dark years, surviving by the skin of our teeth. Never again. I don't want to be sat on a Tuesday night for a league game against some tinpot outfit in front of 3,800, empty railway stand, 45 away fans, 1-0 defeat, trudge home. 

9 minutes ago, Joe B said:

What excites me the most is that we have 1,000 Junior Valiant STs. 

I've noticed loads of younger fans in the Railway. I remember thinking about the back end of the Norman days that we were in deep trouble. Very few younger fans. 

The Foundation have done an absolutely outstanding job and are a huge asset to the club; Community Club of the Year was unreal, but they are now having a concrete impact in the long-term future of this club by attracting the next generation. It helps they're turning up and watching Matrix-fuelled masterclasses week in week out.

Stoke have lost half their fanbase and now is the time to strike. We're on the up and we need to be in the schools chucking out tickets. Get them in for free this year and walk the league, so they're begging Mum and Dad for a ST next year. Ramp up the 'Fanzone' thing - permanent structure to facilitate indoor stuff over the winter?

We've got a core of local lads who need to be at the forefront of promotion and community engagement. Stoke haven't got a single Stoke-born lad on the books - Powell from Crewe is the closest. Hammer it home. Get Conlon and Gibbo out there. Stoke play in a soulless plastic ground next to an incinerator a half hour walk from anything worthwhile. Into these. Gloves off. 

Lucas too. Brazilian keeper who has played against Alisson and Coutinho? Easy stuff. 

I don't want to get carried away, but it's difficult not to.

So many similarities to the late 80's in terms of the buzz around the club.

It's a different era, and different set up, but when you see a purposeful approach to building a club, and already seeing big progress, how can you not get caught up in the excitement?

Just now, SFBT said:

I don't want to get carried away, but it's difficult not to.

So many similarities to the late 80's in terms of the buzz around the club.

It's a different era, and different set up, but when you see a purposeful approach to building a club, and already seeing big progress, how can you not get caught up in the excitement?

Wins do that. I'm mindful that we will, eventually, stop winning every game. We'll dip at some point; I just hope the fans are rational enough to deal with it. Current run can't last; Man City would struggle to put this run of form together with their expenditure of £7 trillion.

Whilst the buzz is here, we need to be incessant with promotion + social media. Proper coordinated campaign in the schools and online. Key popular players at the forefront. Flitcroft/Carol everywhere you turn. Deals all over the gaff. We simply must use these excellent foundations to springboard the club away from the dire situation we've been victim to for 20 years. No more. I've had enough. 

Archived