onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC 1 : Port Vale v Accrington Stanley

Fosse69

Advert

2 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Disagree, the balls gone with pace through whoever it was that has slid in in front of the ball and then through gibbos legs, it looks like he tries to close them but not quickly enough. I wouldn’t say he’s just standing there. On another day it hits the lad sliding in or it hits gibbo’s leg. We’re clutching at straws in someone’s performance if they get critisiced for not being able to shut their legs in time when a ball is fired at them 

It was Taylor trying to close the shot down and we’re not talking about another day are we, this is the match thread from yesterday.  My opinion is that if Gibbo stands still the shot hits him.

Don’t take it out of context, Gibbo was outstanding in the game as I said in my original post.

Come on guys lay off RZ, every time Vale win the same mob are calling for and unloading on him, it really is poor form and distasteful. It’s just not right and an affront to the club and the spirit Carole and Kevin are building.

We’re all Vale at the end of the day.

20 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Come on guys lay off RZ, every time Vale win the same mob are calling for and unloading on him, it really is poor form and distasteful. It’s just not right and an affront to the club and the spirit Carole and Kevin are building.

We’re all Vale at the end of the day.

😂 His comments over the summer about Clarke were an affront to the club and spirit Carol and Kevin are building.

He spent the entire summer knocking what they were doing.

This argument doesn't work. RZ can slag the club off all summer but we can't call him out as Carol is a nice lady? Nonsense. He should have been supportive of what Carol was doing, or at least willing to give it time/trust Carol's judgement before jumping on Clarke as a bloke.

He should have been less aggressive/incessant with his hatred of the manager Carol and Kevin employed. He looks daft. If it was the other way round he'd be parading round the forum and I'd accept I got it wrong. Fair game. I'm forthright with my views and accept stick if I get it completely wrong. It's a forum.

If he'd been less 'everywhere' with his view, people wouldn't be enjoying calling him out as much. He still hasn't the humility to accept he got it wrong; 'enjoy the success whilst it lasts'

Ok. Perfectly civil conversation. 

3 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I am behind the club but I don't like Clark or his management "style"

Why not? The players very much do. Carol does. It's very clearly working to a degree we haven't seen since the 90s. What do you honestly dislike so much about the "style"? I really don't get it. 

I also don't get that "enjoy it while it lasts" comment, which is a really odd thing for a Vale fan to say about Vale being successful. Could you please elaborate?

I think it has a lot to do with how Smith defends,he gets really tight and close to players and a lot dont like that so try to push him off and they do have a tendency to flick arms and elbows about,its just that the last 2 have connected,its a bit of justice for Smith as when he goes up for corners he is pulled all over the place with nothing given.
On a side note have we actually had a penalty yet this season? I cant remember any
Didn't we have one in the Paint Pot? Or have I imagined that?

20 minutes ago, Doha said:

Ok. Perfectly civil conversation. 

Why not? The players very much do. Carol does. It's very clearly working to a degree we haven't seen since the 90s. What do you honestly dislike so much about the "style"? I really don't get it. 

I would not invite DC around for dinner.  But in football results talk <ovf censored> walks.  The man and Flipchart are doing the bizz so far. So I don't see why sceptics (such as myself)  should say anything other than, I was wrong, and enjoy the ride.  We've played some terrific stuff this season.

12 hours ago, jeffers said:

“Coleman also thought Vale supporters were derogatory about his League One side in the closing stages. But he believes the game that could have gone Accrington’s way with the benefit of more luck and key decisions he felt wrongly went against them.

He said: “We could have easily won that game today, playing no different. That is football. People will just pick the paper up or look at the TV or the internet – they don’t really have papers any more do they? – people look at the internet and see 5-1 - ‘oh, Accrington have been thumped’ .

“Their fans were very derogatory about us towards the end. We will see if we play them next year if they are saying the same thing. They would be lucky to play us next year so let’s see.”

Just to make it clear Mr Coleman, the game is not about how much possession that you have it’s what you do with it. To moan about Smith when you have Pell throwing himself to the ground at every moment is truly unbelievable.

Additionally, we had a striker a cut above who could actually score and defenders who can defend. Yes ,I agree with the possession bit, but in a passage of play in the 1st half, they must have put 30 passes together without us having a touch, ultimately that 30th pass was back in their own half. Their possession stats didn't mean a jot because of the. tremendous work of our team, so after the first 25 mins it was little more than benign keep ball. If he wants to celebrate that, then let him 

12 hours ago, 1 said:

Teams were all happy to praise our bravery, fighting spirit and bits of good football when we were losing. Now we smash teams apart and then get abused by fans, players and managers during and after the games. Clubs hate the winners around them through envy and anxiety. Don’t listen to the patronising “you’ll get there old sport, cheer up” comments when we lose, listen to the excuses and retelling of the obvious when we win. Football is a nasty game and everyone’s trying to take you down when you’re winning.

Accrington are a L2 team standing quietly in L1 hoping nobody’s noticed them, we’re the opposite.

We’re not scared and your comments are embarrassing. <ovf censored> off back to the cowshed because we’re off for another crack at Pep, duck.

Over recent years, most of the teams who eventually got promoted, never looked any great shakes when we played them, yet they still managed to win enough games to secure a promotion spot. Looking like that could be us judging by some of the opposition after match comments,  bar a few notable and gracious exceptions

Does anyone know what the AS players were appealing for when Wilson scored his third. It definitely wasn’t handball and neither did the ball go out of play when crossed.?
It went out by about a foot I was right by it and couldn't believe that the linesman gave it.

11 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Coleman talking about what could have happened instead of addressing what actually happened. 

No doubt his players are going to have  nice and gentle "never mind lads,  you didn't do anything wrong, we were just a bit unlucky" team debrief on Monday morning.  

Archived