onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC 1 : Port Vale v Accrington Stanley

Fosse69

5 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Yes harsh based on his overall performance but fair criticism, watch the replay, if he stands up and watches the ball that shot isn’t going through him as it did.  Perhaps nowadays there’s always a greater fear in a players mind of giving away a penalty for the slightest hint of a handball.

Disagree, the balls gone with pace through whoever it was that has slid in in front of the ball and then through gibbos legs, it looks like he tries to close them but not quickly enough. I wouldn’t say he’s just standing there. On another day it hits the lad sliding in or it hits gibbo’s leg. We’re clutching at straws in someone’s performance if they get critisiced for not being able to shut their legs in time when a ball is fired at them 

Advert

4 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I was there on Saturday and will be there on Tuesday night. I am behind the club but I don't like Clark or his management "style"

Why are you posting things such as enjoy it whilst it lasts then?

What does it matter about Clarke’s style? We’re winning games his personality is irrelevant. 

Or do you still think he’s nasty after even more players have praised him? (Wilson just yesterday) 

Clarke is part of this club. Get behind him ffs and drop this childish grudge you have 

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Why are you posting things such as enjoy it whilst it lasts then?

What does it matter about Clarke’s style? We’re winning games his personality is irrelevant. 

Or do you still think he’s nasty after even more players have praised him? (Wilson just yesterday) 

Clarke is part of this club. Get behind him ffs and drop this childish grudge you have 

Now you see why I wasn't posting. If you think I am wrong why does it bother you so much? Lots of people put different opinions on here, some of which I disagree with but I don't abuse them. 

3 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Now you see why I wasn't posting. If you think I am wrong why does it bother you so much? Lots of people put different opinions on here, some of which I disagree with but I don't abuse them. 

You haven’t received abuse. 

Im asking why you think it’s ok to say ‘enjoy your success whilst it lasts’? Do you want vale to fail? Great answers to the questions as usual. You not liking Clarke is fine, I don’t understand it but it’s completely irrelevant, he is part of vale and you should want him and vale to succeed surely? 

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Without Gibbons: Played 7, won 1, drew 3, lost 3.

With Gibbons: Played 10, won 7, drawn 1 (he played 13 minutes), lost 1 (scoring 3)

He is honestly right up there as one of our best players and one of the best in his role in the division. Local and hard as nails an all. Get him signed up long-term and build the charge up the leagues around Smith, Conlon, Wilson, and Gibbo. 

Fully intend on seeing Gibbo desecrating Mo Salah in 3 years. 

Hopefully those discussions around extending are already underway! 🤞

Now we have a proper football department that plans for the future I feel a lot more comfortable we will do everything we can to secure him!

59 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

What is the point of putting across a different opinion? It just sets you up for abuse and suggestions of a ban from the forum. Enjoy the success while it lasts.

Nah, you were incessant and had personal issues with Clarke grounded in little evidence. You spent the entire summer saying how bad you thought he was, on every thread.

When you're so spectacularly wrong on something you've been very dogmatic about, especially when it was unsubstantiated negativity, you're going to get blowback. You still don't accept that, with 18 wins in 29, Clarke is doing an outstanding job.

I've got no issue with you having your view (though I've always thought it was nonsense), but don't be shocked now people are calling you out. 

Imagine if we were 2nd bottom. You'd be victory lapping.

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I was there on Saturday and will be there on Tuesday night. I am behind the club but I don't like Clark or his management "style"

What don’t you like about his style? Watching attacking football with a shedload of goals? Maybe you were more of a fan of Aspin’s 7 defenders on the pitch every game and no shots on target.

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

It is a bit early to start building a statue for DC. 

You seem the type that would say you were right from the start after DC is sacked for failing to retain the premiership in 8 years time. 

Or you could just admit you were wrong and try not to be too gutted when we win. 

Must be a stoke fan

43 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Tell me about his "style" and why you dislike it?

Vale are winning too much and he dislikes it because it shows he was talking nonsense. Instead of using evidence to change their mind they prefer to stay quiet (until we lose one)

Archived