onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC 1 : Port Vale v Accrington Stanley

Fosse69

Without Gibbons: Played 7, won 1, drew 3, lost 3.

With Gibbons: Played 10, won 7, drawn 1 (he played 13 minutes), lost 1 (scoring 3)

He is honestly right up there as one of our best players and one of the best in his role in the division. Local and hard as nails an all. Get him signed up long-term and build the charge up the leagues around Smith, Conlon, Wilson, and Gibbo. 

Fully intend on seeing Gibbo desecrating Mo Salah in 3 years. 

Advert

15 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Love him. The tackle he got booked for was a completely unnecessary annihilation of Pell. He didn't pop up much after that. 

In outstanding form and the wing-back role suits his skillset perfectly. My favourite player by a long way.

Before your time i think but when he put that tackle in my mind went straight to Andy Porter(Goober),that was the very thing he used to do to rattle a player but those days you could chop one in half and not get booked

I think it has a lot to do with how Smith defends,he gets really tight and close to players and a lot dont like that so try to push him off and they do have a tendency to flick arms and elbows about,its just that the last 2 have connected,its a bit of justice for Smith as when he goes up for corners he is pulled all over the place with nothing given.

Its not just the clever pulls and pushes in tussles with the opposition players. He does lots of clever pushes and bumping into them off the ball that are needless but not enough for a freekick even if they are seen by the ref. He often pinches them too. Little things that must make him horrible to play against and clearly get right under the opposition's skin.

39 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Without Gibbons: Played 7, won 1, drew 3, lost 3.

With Gibbons: Played 10, won 7, drawn 1 (he played 13 minutes), lost 1 (scoring 3)

He is honestly right up there as one of our best players and one of the best in his role in the division. Local and hard as nails an all. Get him signed up long-term and build the charge up the leagues around Smith, Conlon, Wilson, and Gibbo. 

Fully intend on seeing Gibbo desecrating Mo Salah in 3 years. 

Interesting stats. I think he’s crucial to how we play. 

16 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

What is the point of putting across a different opinion? It just sets you up for abuse and suggestions of a ban from the forum. Enjoy the success while it lasts.

If you are truly a Vale fan why not let bygones be bygones and get behind the club. You can’t carry negativity through your life, we even love Trevor Kettle these days

Before your time i think but when he put that tackle in my mind went straight to Andy Porter(Goober),that was the very thing he used to do to rattle a player but those days you could chop one in half and not get booked
I think by that point, like most of us, he'd had enough of Pellend going down at the slightest touch so decided to give him a reason to go down! Very well received in the Railway Stand

21 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

What is the point of putting across a different opinion? It just sets you up for abuse and suggestions of a ban from the forum. Enjoy the success while it lasts.

Embarrassing. Truly embarrassing. If you are actually a vale fans and not a wum you should be embarrassed. 

What different of opinion is there?

enjoy the success whilst it lasts? Shouldn’t you being enjoying it  as well? As an apparent vale fan? Or are you just desperate for us to lose?

3 minutes ago, jeffers said:

If you are truly a Vale fan why not let bygones be bygones and get behind the club. You can’t carry negativity through your life, we even love Trevor Kettle these days

I was there on Saturday and will be there on Tuesday night. I am behind the club but I don't like Clark or his management "style"

Archived