onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC 1 : Port Vale v Accrington Stanley

Fosse69

21 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I think it has a lot to do with how Smith defends,he gets really tight and close to players and a lot dont like that so try to push him off and they do have a tendency to flick arms and elbows about,its just that the last 2 have connected,its a bit of justice for Smith as when he goes up for corners he is pulled all over the place with nothing given.

On a side note have we actually had a penalty yet this season? I cant remember any

No penalties yet . I know for definite as I've been backing Conlon at 12/1 for first goal. Got a nice win at Mansfield£39.00 but it's unusual the lack of penalties. To be honest I can't remember appealing for many either . 

Advert

19 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Clarke's win ratio for us is now 48.4%

Wow...and that includes a difficult start where it took 7 games to register the 1st win, plus a <ovf censored> final game of the season where lads who couldn't get in the team started and couldn't be arsed.

Very very impressive win ratio.

31 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Clarke's win ratio for us is now 48.4%

The silence from the anti crowd is deafening and for me truly sad that they cant even come and say that they got it wrong

Biding their time waiting for a loss. Pathetic. 

Does anyone know what the AS players were appealing for when Wilson scored his third. It definitely wasn’t handball and neither did the ball go out of play when crossed.?
Ball went out. Clear as day on the highlights, at least from the angle we see it

1 hour ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:
Does anyone know what the AS players were appealing for when Wilson scored his third. It definitely wasn’t handball and neither did the ball go out of play when crossed.?

Ball went out. Clear as day on the highlights, at least from the angle we see it

I’ve watched it back and stopped it and it was out of play for a goal kick, but the ref was nowhere near the action. We’ll probably get five that goes against us, so let’s be thankful for it. See we’re number 39 in the draw tomorrow 

Just to show a bit of composure in victory… Accy are a very well run club who are probably at their peak at midtable League One but who knows. The term “tinpot” is a bit off not least because it’s tuppence happeny looking down on tuppence. Coleman is a bad loser who lacked a bit of class yesterday, not unlike Clarke during the first few games of his tenure when he couldn’t buy a win, not unlike Mickey Adams and Brian Horton at times. Arguably being a bad loser is part of the job description the job’s lower league manager not Ambassador to Russia. Coleman is an excellent manager. Wrt S,H one T housery, I’m not sure about this one, I don’t want us to get walked all over but the term seems to get used as a euphemism for cheating by someone you like. I didn’t see the specific incident but that isn’t a good look whoever does it and from a pragmatic point of view not a good thing for reputation and preconditioning referees coming into games. A good tussle’s fine, cheating is cheating by either side. 

3 hours ago, Doha said:

Gibbons giving it to Pell after the second goal 🤣

Love him. The tackle he got booked for was a completely unnecessary annihilation of Pell. He didn't pop up much after that. 

In outstanding form and the wing-back role suits his skillset perfectly. My favourite player by a long way.

Archived