onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC 1 : Port Vale v Accrington Stanley

Fosse69

Advert

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

I thought he was unbelievably good in the second half, could have scored too. One of this best pieces of work was in defending the back post at times and getting clattered in the process.  Although criticising him for the ball going through his legs for their goal is a touch harsh.

Yes harsh based on his overall performance but fair criticism, watch the replay, if he stands up and watches the ball that shot isn’t going through him as it did.  Perhaps nowadays there’s always a greater fear in a players mind of giving away a penalty for the slightest hint of a handball.

5 minutes ago, Aguar61 said:

Looked like a school dinner queue I thought.

Maybe spreading out to make it look like they brought a crowd.

if it had been an away tie instead of home, we would have taken over 1000 ( if their away end holds that many)

4 hours ago, philmpv said:

On a slightly miserable note, how did we lose 1000 off the gate yesterday? The game before was away, we're scoring for fun, playing great, the opposition were a league above, and tickets reduced to £15. Very disappointed in that myself

I actually thought the attendance was decent for the first round of the competition and considering we were playing a poorly supported club

3 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

I don’t have much of a problem with Coleman’s comments.  In the heat of the moment, having watched his team go from being in complete control to total disarray, most of what he says is understandable coming straight after a 5-1 tonking.  Not every manager will pay respect to the opposition and I though he was getting more wound up as the interview wore on, culminating in his comments about us playing them next season.

The game itself saw us start poorly, I felt maybe giving them a bit too much respect.  They missed their chances and we made them pay as we grew more into the game and pressed higher up the pitch as time went on.  Second half it looked like we could score almost every time we went up the pitch.

The lad who got sent off was having a battle with Smith all game and my worry at the time was that both players might have seen red if the liner had seen Smith do something to cause their player to react.  Not sure if their was an elbow but the guys arm was definitely high.

I think it has a lot to do with how Smith defends,he gets really tight and close to players and a lot dont like that so try to push him off and they do have a tendency to flick arms and elbows about,its just that the last 2 have connected,its a bit of justice for Smith as when he goes up for corners he is pulled all over the place with nothing given.

On a side note have we actually had a penalty yet this season? I cant remember any

Just now, werstayinup said:

I think it has a lot to do with how Smith defends,he gets really tight and close to players and a lot dont like that so try to push him off and they do have a tendency to flick arms and elbows about,its just that the last 2 have connected,its a bit of justice for Smith as when he goes up for corners he is pulled all over the place with nothing given.

On a side note have we actually had a penalty yet this season? I cant remember any

Smithy does have a tendency to give forwards "a bit of a cuddle"

14 minutes ago, Platty's Tassels said:

Considering Bradford only got 3000, that did surprise me I have to say.

Just shows you that they get big league crowds because of their dirt cheap season tickets imo,if they were put out at 300 i would think they would get around 6 or 7k for league games and not 12-13k

Archived