onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC 1 : Port Vale v Accrington Stanley

Fosse69

Just now, Vale1995 said:

Not saying we should of kept him and i think dc made the right decision letting him go but looks like mr mckirdy is becoming a cult hero at swindon follow him on insta and twitter and the fans seem to worshipping him. Happy for him to see hes finally settled in somewhere shame it couldn't of been for us but would of been sad to see someone's attitude waste there talent. 

Its weird isnt it - saw some highlights of him the other night on YT and just thought why couldnt / wouldnt you do that for us - still, I wish him all the best

Advert

1 minute ago, Hoppers said:

Its weird isnt it - saw some highlights of him the other night on YT and just thought why couldnt / wouldnt you do that for us - still, I wish him all the best

Some players just click at different clubs and under different managers it is strange how some players seem to be like that. I mean he never really got a sniff at vale so i cant imagine he was very happy here during his time especially through the askey time

3 hours ago, SFBT said:

The first half interested me immensely. What I saw was a Vale team standing strong, against a team dominating possession, and giving precious little away.
Sometimes it's like that.
We won't dominate every game.
It requires patience and a belief that our time will come.
It is something to be appreciated.
All part of the game in the round.
Even better was the ability to change things up, and exert influences, which certainly happened with the introduction of Ben Garrity, who played the best I've seen in the early part of the second half.
I loved it.
Especially getting really angry with their appalling gamesmanship!

And the ref allowing foul throws, followed by a coaching session to ensure their player learned his lesson well 🤔 Great entertainment!

Totally agree. We didn’t do a lot in the first 30 mins and admittedly at times it was all hands on deck but we played with a lot of footballing intelligence, winning throws, free kicks etc to relieve pressure and get us up the pitch. And their gamesmanship helped get the crowd fired up which came back to haunt them. 

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Coleman is a rubbish manager. Dog dirt. 

Can’t decide if your joking. His interview yesterday day was a bit odd I’ll grant you but the bloke has worked miracles at Accy and deserves great plaudits. I’d of had him at the vale in a heart beat if it weren’t for our current set up.

5 minutes ago, dantheman said:

Can’t decide if your joking. His interview yesterday day was a bit odd I’ll grant you but the bloke has worked miracles at Accy and deserves great plaudits. I’d of had him at the vale in a heart beat if it weren’t for our current set up.

I've long been a big fan of him. Am being facetious. He made a dog's breakfast of the game yesterday, mind.

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

Anybody mentioned Gibbo yet?  After we’d had a tough first half, where he got booked for a crunching tackle, he had their wide right player in his pocket. I can’t remember the guy beating him second half and his composure and execution to pick out Cass for the goal was excellent.  Maybe should’ve blocked the shot for their goal if I’m being critical.  It seemed to go straight through him giving Covolan no chance.

Been immense since coming back!! Add to that that he was out with what could have been a career ending injury and he is playing out of position makes it even more impressive. 

I have to agree with some of what Coleman has said. The first 30 minutes were AS pushing the ball around and they did create a couple of chances, but they didn’t take them. I was really surprised with the height in their side it wasn’t aerial bombardment. We scored against the run of play but they never threatened our goal after that. In the second half we came out and we were the team playing the football and they were chasing the game. Even at this point I didn’t feel that AS we’re going to score. The sending off was a big factor and I still don’t know why the player was sent off because having watched the bbc coverage I cannot see why he was sent off, perhaps fans in the Lorne Street saw it but I couldn’t see it from the RP. It’s credit to Vale that they then punished the ten men by pushing the ball around and upping the tempo. When Coleman says about fans being derogatory that’s football, I don’t agree with it but it’s football, but then he praised the Vale fans. I can recall when we were looking for a manager some wanted Coleman. Does anyone know why the AS fans stood in the aisle of the Hamil in single file and remained in that position for about twenty minutes. Well done to the lads and I hope that they get another hone tie in round two.

COYW

2 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I have to agree with some of what Coleman has said. The first 30 minutes were AS pushing the ball around and they did create a couple of chances, but they didn’t take them. I was really surprised with the height in their side it wasn’t aerial bombardment. We scored against the run of play but they never threatened our goal after that. In the second half we came out and we were the team playing the football and they were chasing the game. Even at this point I didn’t feel that AS we’re going to score. The sending off was a big factor and I still don’t know why the player was sent off because having watched the bbc coverage I cannot see why he was sent off, perhaps fans in the Lorne Street saw it but I couldn’t see it from the RP. It’s credit to Vale that they then punished the ten men by pushing the ball around and upping the tempo. When Coleman says about fans being derogatory that’s football, I don’t agree with it but it’s football, but then he praised the Vale fans. I can recall when we were looking for a manager some wanted Coleman. Does anyone know why the AS fans stood in the aisle of the Hamil in single file and remained in that position for about twenty minutes. Well done to the lads and I hope that they get another hone tie in round two.

COYW

Thought his comments of 'they'd be lucky to be playing us next year' was the sign of a manager whose head has gone. Inaccurate and a bit salty. 

He knows we pasted them and look good for promotion. He wound himself up mentioning the chants we did and made a daft comment. For such an experienced manager, he got very rattled. 

Archived