onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC 1 : Port Vale v Accrington Stanley

Fosse69

Advert

“Coleman also thought Vale supporters were derogatory about his League One side in the closing stages. But he believes the game that could have gone Accrington’s way with the benefit of more luck and key decisions he felt wrongly went against them.

He said: “We could have easily won that game today, playing no different. That is football. People will just pick the paper up or look at the TV or the internet – they don’t really have papers any more do they? – people look at the internet and see 5-1 - ‘oh, Accrington have been thumped’ .

“Their fans were very derogatory about us towards the end. We will see if we play them next year if they are saying the same thing. They would be lucky to play us next year so let’s see.”

Just to make it clear Mr Coleman, the game is not about how much possession that you have it’s what you do with it. To moan about Smith when you have Pell throwing himself to the ground at every moment is truly unbelievable.

Pell was like a giraffe on acid. His first dive was absolutely comical, made himself look a right idiot. Then he was clean through on goal, a brilliant piece of defending from either Smith or Jones left him rolling around crying. 

I've not seen a bloke rolling around so pathetically since .........the bloke at Swindon who Rodders smashed 😂 

Pell was an embarrassment to Accrington. 

I don’t have much of a problem with Coleman’s comments.  In the heat of the moment, having watched his team go from being in complete control to total disarray, most of what he says is understandable coming straight after a 5-1 tonking.  Not every manager will pay respect to the opposition and I though he was getting more wound up as the interview wore on, culminating in his comments about us playing them next season.

The game itself saw us start poorly, I felt maybe giving them a bit too much respect.  They missed their chances and we made them pay as we grew more into the game and pressed higher up the pitch as time went on.  Second half it looked like we could score almost every time we went up the pitch.

The lad who got sent off was having a battle with Smith all game and my worry at the time was that both players might have seen red if the liner had seen Smith do something to cause their player to react.  Not sure if their was an elbow but the guys arm was definitely high.

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

Pell was like a giraffe on acid. His first dive was absolutely comical, made himself look a right idiot. Then he was clean through on goal, a brilliant piece of defending from either Smith or Jones left him rolling around crying. 

I've not seen a bloke rolling around so pathetically since .........the bloke at Swindon who Rodders smashed 😂 

Pell was an embarrassment to Accrington. 

He’s always been the same when we’ve come up against him.

1 minute ago, rob1983 said:

Hope someone doesn't come in for Clarke like Salford or someone...

Only a desperate man would leave Vale for Salford. Clearly not motivated by cash as didn't he turn Leeds down once when he was at Bristol.

Football is a fickle game look at the disgusting abuse Micky Adams got away at Bristol City .

Clarke wouldn't touch Salford with the famous bargepole . 

Numerous times now Clarke has assessed and changed it up. Barrow, Crawley and yesterday are the obvious recent fresh memory.
He also did it at Stevenage where we somehow went in 1-1 having been battered in the first half. Garrity I think came on and we played well in the second half. 
I appreciate things didn't go to plan at Sutton but I think the Proctor situation was in hindsight very fortunate because he may of been out even longer. 
What we have here is a manager who isn't afraid of reputation or egos. And that's because he's weeded out any individuals possessing such attributes. 
The 5th summed up this squad. Barmy Lucas again ending up near the opposite corner flag because he wanted to share in the delight of Lloyd scoring his first goal for us. 
Of course there will be hiccups and then the usual suspects will appear but for 99% of us without an agenda let's revel in this team who are dishing up a goal fest and Proc is recharging his batteries whilst we do. 
Clarkey the clown my **** 
What I love about Darrell Clark is we are winning 1-0 most managers wouldn't make a change but he saw like we all did that Accrington probably deserved 3 goals first half and he changed it and let's be honest they didn't deserve the one they got second half as we outmanoevered them before the sending off after well we pulverised them
UTV

I suspect what Coleman is doing with his laughable comments is the oldest trick in the book.

Most people will be talking about his daft interview rather than how a league 2 team has made his side look bang average.

Classic deflection tactic from a wily old manager

I could understand his comments slightly if he didn’t send his team out to just roll around on the floor, and if the score line was slightly closer. To say that game could have gone either way when it finished 5-1 is laughable. He’s just trying to shift the blame away from a horrible result for them. One which will only motivate us more next season 

1 hour ago, philmpv said:

On a slightly miserable note, how did we lose 1000 off the gate yesterday? The game before was away, we're scoring for fun, playing great, the opposition were a league above, and tickets reduced to £15. Very disappointed in that myself

I agree, can only put it down to a pretty crappy day weather wise - i was freezing (but happy)

Only a desperate man would leave Vale for Salford. Clearly not motivated by cash as didn't he turn Leeds down once when he was at Bristol.
Football is a fickle game look at the disgusting abuse Micky Adams got away at Bristol City .
Clarke wouldn't touch Salford with the famous bargepole . 

He left Walsall because of lack of backing and structure didn’t he? Salford as anyone knows watching the class of 92 have virtually zero infrastructure such as training ground.

Archived