onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC 1 : Port Vale v Accrington Stanley

Fosse69

Advert

Sorry for being off topic. Having noticed the early KO time for the Bradford game I ASSUMED this was AS the 💩 were at home next Saturday too......😁

As this is not the case can someone confirm if we've obtained the dizzy heights of a live TV game plz and if so where?

👌

The first half interested me immensely. What I saw was a Vale team standing strong, against a team dominating possession, and giving precious little away.
Sometimes it's like that.
We won't dominate every game.
It requires patience and a belief that our time will come.
It is something to be appreciated.
All part of the game in the round.
Even better was the ability to change things up, and exert influences, which certainly happened with the introduction of Ben Garrity, who played the best I've seen in the early part of the second half.
I loved it.
Especially getting really angry with their appalling gamesmanship!

And the ref allowing foul throws, followed by a coaching session to ensure their player learned his lesson well 🤔 Great entertainment!

7 hours ago, Doha said:

If you watch all of Wilsons goals since joining that boy is capable of some utterly ridiculous finishes. 2 year deal, thanks again Carol.

In light of Coleman's interview I cannot overstate the mirth I feel that the ball did look easily out of touch for our 3rd. Ha ha ha ha ha. 

I'm not certain that it did, certainly the defender who almost stuck in in the back of his own net didn't think so.  Judging by the pace of the ball it was caught before it crossed the line completely.

I missed the 2nd goal at the game but the dummy by Wilson that leaves the defended on his arse is great.  We really needed someone with composure rather than just smacking it just to create that extra space.

16 hours ago, Conrad said:

Gutted, got me ticket then my daughter gets covid, just waiting for the results of my test.

According to government guidance I don’t need to self isolate as I’m double jabbed and have no symptoms, but don’t think it’s very clever to attend.

Turns out I am negative, phew.

7 minutes ago, SFBT said:

The first half interested me immensely. What I saw was a Vale team standing strong, against a team dominating possession, and giving precious little away.
Sometimes it's like that.
We won't dominate every game.
It requires patience and a belief that our time will come.
It is something to be appreciated.
All part of the game in the round.
Even better was the ability to change things up, and exert influences, which certainly happened with the introduction of Ben Garrity, who played the best I've seen in the early part of the second half.
I loved it.
Especially getting really angry with their appalling gamesmanship!

And the ref allowing foul throws, followed by a coaching session to ensure their player learned his lesson well 🤔 Great entertainment!

Numerous times now Clarke has assessed and changed it up. Barrow, Crawley and yesterday are the obvious recent fresh memory.

He also did it at Stevenage where we somehow went in 1-1 having been battered in the first half. Garrity I think came on and we played well in the second half. 

I appreciate things didn't go to plan at Sutton but I think the Proctor situation was in hindsight very fortunate because he may of been out even longer. 

What we have here is a manager who isn't afraid of reputation or egos. And that's because he's weeded out any individuals possessing such attributes. 

The 5th summed up this squad. Barmy Lucas again ending up near the opposite corner flag because he wanted to share in the delight of Lloyd scoring his first goal for us. 

Of course there will be hiccups and then the usual suspects will appear but for 99% of us without an agenda let's revel in this team who are dishing up a goal fest and Proc is recharging his batteries whilst we do. 

Clarkey the clown my **** 

1 minute ago, philmpv said:

On a slightly miserable note, how did we lose 1000 off the gate yesterday? The game before was away, we're scoring for fun, playing great, the opposition were a league above, and tickets reduced to £15. Very disappointed in that myself

I'm not so sure mate. FA cup nothing like it was to punters .

Crewe 2300, Bradford 3000 odd, Northampton 3700 v Cambridge. 

Ours was one of the better gates. I think it was reasonable myself. 

Accrington aren't the biggest pull either. Buxton or Gateshead would of brought more support. 

Archived