onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC 1 : Port Vale v Accrington Stanley

Fosse69

What great goals. Particularly impressed with Wilson's skill on the first and his positioning on the second, waiting patiently, unmarked, before despatching it. Great pass by Pett for the third, putting Conlon through for the cross to Wilson. The ball looked well out on Conlon's cross but difficult to see. Lloyd then put a fine ball through for Gibbo to cross to Cass for the fourth and then Taylor's defence-splitting pass to Lloyd for the fifth was the icing on the cake. Some superb performances by the look of it. 

Advert

Coleman needs to look at his defenders. That first Wilson goal saw their defenders run away from him and let him run in on goal unimpeded. I see the liner reckoned that Bishop had elbowed Smith. I didn’t see that - I thought he’d been sent off for treading on Smith when he was on the deck. 

Seen the higlights, great goals from us and Wilson takes the first superbly.

Then took a look at Crewe's higlights... I know Crewe are awful this season, but Swindons goals were really good.. How did they turn around the mess that they were in just before the start of the season? 

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

My marks
Covalan 7 caught everything little chance with there goal but other than that was good I thought .
Cass 7 what a excellent footballer that 4th goal his finish was superb steady good game .
Gibbons 8 his tenacity in the second half was excellent could have had a goal from a throw in what came to him but goalie saved drove into very good areas second half .
Smith 6
Jones 6
Pett 6
Politic 6
Amoo 8 a threat throughout enjoyed his efforts thought he did very well .
Wilson 8 hat trick his first goal superb second very fortortoise as it may have gone in off someone else and third well he was in the right place at the right time .
His general play very good though .
Worrall 7
Conlon 7 should have scored.
Subs Garrity 8 he came on welcomed a more together teamas he linked everything unlucky not score with Accrington keeper making a top save .
Taylor 9 some of the balls this lad was putting through were absolutely superb he really made his mark on the game with quality galore .
Lloyd 8 first goal for the Vale I thought he fwas top notch when coming on .
Martin 7 very good .
A great afternoon yet again

If a hat trick doesnt get you a 10/10 rating then dont think they are possible to get

7 minutes ago, Doha said:

Nastyman and his mate the Carol swindling Flitters appear to have won. Again. As usual.

We WoNt ScOrE eNoUgH gOaLs!!!

And long may it continue! Still not seen the goals because of  bloody "regional restrictions".  I do actually pay to watch the beeb so not a free loader.

If you watch all of Wilsons goals since joining that boy is capable of some utterly ridiculous finishes. 2 year deal, thanks again Carol.

In light of Coleman's interview I cannot overstate the mirth I feel that the ball did look easily out of touch for our 3rd. Ha ha ha ha ha. 

1 hour ago, Old fort said:

On the Accrington forum one said he hoped that Coley didn't blame the ref and most were bemoaning their lack of defensive qualities. Seemed to accept they got a pasting. 

Don't want to detract from an amazing win but their defending was non-league for some of our goals. So Coleman's right, we'll be very lucky to come up against such piss-poor defending when (not if) we're in League One next season.

If Covolan had let our fifth in, he'd have needed bodyguards to get back in to Vale Park 

Archived