onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC 1 : Port Vale v Accrington Stanley

Fosse69

4 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

Proctor out for another couple of weeks it appears

Again despite confusion ( myself included )  and moans Clarke clearly did the right thing taking him off at Sutton. It's a month tomorrow since that game, obviously he gave him 45 a week later v Barrow but luckily we have coped, indeed that's our last defeat ( Sutton ) . 

Advert

Some decent prize money for a cup run. I'm optimistically included the revenue right up to the final (it could be our year) 😉

FA Cup prize money round-by-round breakdown:

First Round Proper winners: £22,629

Second Round Proper winners: £34,000

Third Round Proper winners: £82,000

Fourth Round Proper winners: £90,000

Fifth Round Proper winners: £180,000

Quarter Final winners: £360,000

Semi Final losers: £450,000

Semi Final winners: £900,000

Final runners-up: £900,000

Final winners: £1,800,000

31 minutes ago, robf said:

Some decent prize money for a cup run. I'm optimistically included the revenue right up to the final (it could be our year) 😉

FA Cup prize money round-by-round breakdown:

First Round Proper winners: £22,629

Second Round Proper winners: £34,000

Third Round Proper winners: £82,000

Fourth Round Proper winners: £90,000

Fifth Round Proper winners: £180,000

Quarter Final winners: £360,000

Semi Final losers: £450,000

Semi Final winners: £900,000

Final runners-up: £900,000

Final winners: £1,800,000

When compared to the money the clubs get from the premier league its no surprise none of them really care that much about cup competitions. £3.4m for winning the FA cup or 

Premier League prize money 2020/21
1st - Man City - £38m
2nd - Man Utd - £36m
3rd - Liverpool - £34m
4th - Chelsea - £32m
5th - Leicester - £30m
6th - West Ham - £28m
7th - Tottenham - £27m
8th - Arsenal - £24m
9th - Leeds - £23m
10th - Everton - £21m
11th - Aston Villa - £19m
12th - Newcastle - £17m
13th - Wolves - £15m
14th - Crystal Palace - £13m
15th - Southampton - £11m
16th - Brighton - £10m
17th - Burnley - £8.5m
18th - Fulham - £6m
19th - West Brom - £4m
20th - Sheffield United - £2.5m

You can make more money from an extra point. Still it's a great opportunity for us to ease the burden on the owners.

Untitled.png

3 hours ago, wotsyobeef said:

When compared to the money the clubs get from the premier league its no surprise none of them really care that much about cup competitions

I really don't think thats true. The FAC is about glory of winning, not money. You only have to look at the previous finals all played out by top PL clubs. Just because you rotate your squad doesn't mean your not bothered.

A handful of smaller PL clubs sometimes rotate to prioritise staying in the PL but its the exception rather than the rule.

Screenshot 2021-11-05 at 15.53.41.png

As we haven't had a midweek game, and we're playing a L1 team, I expect a strong team.
Probably 352.
Covolan to play, possibly Taylor to start.
I'd like to see Politic start, with Amoo continuing as a game finisher, coming on against tiring defenders.
The others will have a run out on Tuesday.
Perfect.

Leon's on the bench tomoz and Jamie Proctor still out for another 3 weeks disappointing that but opens the door for another for tomorrow's big game .
Team well who knows you got to take into account the opposition are higher league so maybe they will have more of the ball so a team to keep it tight at the back or do we just go for it and attack .
Me the latter we have to believe in ourselves and just keep doing the things we are doing well .
I'd start with this team and then I'm sure DC will make changes in the formation depending on what he is witnessing on the pitch in game time .
Covalan
Cass Smith Jones
Gibbons Benning
Pett Conlon Garrity
Wilson Politic
Start with our 3-5-2 then as game goes on switch to to a 4-2 -3-1 with Amoo entering the fray for Benning and Lloyd for Politic and if Worralls fit then he starts in Bennings place and switch Gibbo to the left .
A Cup run please UTV

Anyone know if there is video as well as audio for international viewers for the game tomorrow on iFollow. I'm assuming it's just gonna be audio.

I've looked on the web and the Vale website and all I can find for the FA Cup is:

On the iFollow Website:

FA Cup

Any potential streaming of FA Cup fixtures will be confirmed by the Football Association.

On the Vale Website:

Access to the match live on iFollow will be available here from 1 hour before kick-off

15 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Thought so,it did see, a lot for a first round tie v a lowly supported team

I got my tickets around 12 today and there were a few people in there and others turning up when i left

I don't know how many we've sold now but we hadn't done 5,000 when I posted that.  Was in the club shop today to get one of the poppy badges - there was a constant stream of folk at the ticket office.  Very encouraging.

6 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Anyone know if there is video as well as audio for international viewers for the game tomorrow on iFollow. I'm assuming it's just gonna be audio.

I've looked on the web and the Vale website and all I can find for the FA Cup is:

On the iFollow Website:

FA Cup

Any potential streaming of FA Cup fixtures will be confirmed by the Football Association.

On the Vale Website:

Access to the match live on iFollow will be available here from 1 hour before kick-off

Just RS mate, unless someone knows of a none dodgy stream.

Archived