New songs...

cactuselves

We definitely need new songs and hopefully this thread will help. I always see videos going around of other teams songs and get a bit jealous.

We just recycle the same few songs every game :

‘Vale, Vale, Vale’

‘Super Vale Away’

’Oh when the Whites go marching in’

’Stand up if you love the Vale’

I don’t mind Super Vale Away as that was a clever new song that caught on (but even that gets used far too much now), however the others are boring now. 

I never think we do ‘The Wonder of You’ justice. That could be our ‘Delilah’. 

Advert:

On 31/10/2021 at 09:02, Chopper Harris said:

We definitely need some new catchy songs about our players. Gone are the days unfortunately where most of team would have a song about them. The only players recently that have had a song for them is Pope and Marc Richards and how long ago did Marc Richards leave.

Tom Conlon definitely deserves one as does James Wilson. 

The Arsenal song for saka and smith Rowe to the status quo is really good! 

I like it, I like it, I like it, I like it, oooooooh, oooooooh. Here we go. We’ve got Super Tom and Gibbo.

To the tune of rocking all over the world.

Could catch on?

• Like 1

Follow, follow, follow,

We’ve got the best f***ing team in the league,

We’ve got Gibbo and Jonesy,

Proctor and Wilson,

And Conlon the Porthill Pirlo.

To the tune of this

Leeds also have a similar song now where they sing Phillips the Yorkshire Pirlo. 

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

This Newcastle one is easily adapted for Vale.

Who’s that team they call the Vale?

Who’s that team we all adore?

Oh they play in black and white

And they know that Stoke are sh**e

We’ll support you ever more!

Brilliant! 

Advert:

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

This Newcastle one is easily adapted for Vale.

Who’s that team they call the Vale?

Who’s that team we all adore?

Oh they play in black and white

And they know that Stoke are sh**e

We’ll support you ever more!

They play in all white then?

5 hours ago, AlienTitWrench said:

He's Big He's Strong you his name Wilson Wilson

He scores a goal in every game Wilson Wilson

He had an offer from Daryl Clarke

He said yes please and now plays at Vale Park

Big James Wilson Vale's Number 9

I'd change "He said yes please and now plays at Vale Park" to just "and now he plays at Vale park" so it's not a big mouthful, but that's a really good one. We'll get that going properly when we're pissed up, freezing and top of the league at Oldham 😃

• Like 2

Advert:

To the tune of Mr. Blue Sky by the magnificent ELO, to represent the dawn of a new day at the Vale.

Vale are climbing up the league,                                                              Sun is shining in the sky 

We've learned to scrap and fight,                                                            There ain't a cloud in sight                                                  

and we're winning,                                                                                    It's stopped raining

We've got Conlon and he's ace                                                               Everybody's in the place

And don't you know, we are Super Vale away, hey hey hey,                 And don't you know, it's a beautiful new day,       

Proctor, Wilson, Wozza too                                                                      Running down the avenue

See Covolan, and Smithy,                                                                        See how the sun shines brightly,

Pett and Gibbo, with Dan Jones, and Ben Garrity.                                In the city, on the streets where once was pity

Cass and Rodney are blowing them away, hey hey hey.                     Mr. Blue Sky is living here today, hey hey hey.

We are the Vale, we're super Vale,                                                         Mr. Blue Sky, please tell us why, etc.

And we'll see you all at Vale Park, Vale Park,

where we sing our song,

We are the Vale, we're super Vale,

And we will see you all at Vale Park, Vale Park,

where we sing our song.

Edited by Lornelounger
  • Like 1