onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New songs...

cactuselves

Advert

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

Wow Darren, that brings back some memories. Don’t know if we could use the Z word anymore. 

I thought that but it's in relation obviously to the movie no racist overtones even in the 80's song . 

I think the tune is men of harlech ? 

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

I thought that but it's in relation obviously to the movie no racist overtones even in the 80's song . 

I think the tune is men of harlech ? 

The tune is the Men of Harlech, taken from the iconic film Zulu, as it featured the Welsh guard's. I think the Zulu was probably added by a few in the Red Lion. I never heard any other club use the chant, unlike the Wonder of You, which is definitely a product of VP terraces. It could easily be replaced by the name Amoo.

I don’t think we’re or other clubs are that vocal any more due to the fact that we’re seated now, where when we were standing we were a mob, that consisted of young males, who behaved responsibly except when we were attending a game that’s when we turned into a bunch of delinquents and as the song says, ‘When the kids are United, they will never be defeated’.

I sit in the RP and can’t hear any noise from the Bycars or LS. The noise in the RP is always started by the crew, who sit closest to the Hamil. The lads of the 80’s are now attending games with grown up children or grandchildren so aren’t that enthusiastic to be vocal.

Hear are my suggestions for a couple of new chants.

To the tune of Steelers Wheel song.

1. Benning to the left of me,Worrall to the right, here I am stuck in the middle Amoo.

The sporting tune of the moment is Sweet Caroline and we are all in debt to a certain lady at the club, who keeps the dream alive, who deserves a chant.

2. Sweet Carol Shan, wow,wow,wow. Good times never seemed so good, so good,so good,so good.

We definitely need new songs and hopefully this thread will help. I always see videos going around of other teams songs and get a bit jealous.

We just recycle the same few songs every game :

‘Vale, Vale, Vale’

‘Super Vale Away’

’Oh when the Whites go marching in’

’Stand up if you love the Vale’

I don’t mind Super Vale Away as that was a clever new song that caught on (but even that gets used far too much now), however the others are boring now. 

I never think we do ‘The Wonder of You’ justice. That could be our ‘Delilah’. 

On 31/10/2021 at 09:02, Chopper Harris said:

We definitely need some new catchy songs about our players. Gone are the days unfortunately where most of team would have a song about them. The only players recently that have had a song for them is Pope and Marc Richards and how long ago did Marc Richards leave.

Tom Conlon definitely deserves one as does James Wilson. 

The Arsenal song for saka and smith Rowe to the status quo is really good! 

I like it, I like it, I like it, I like it, oooooooh, oooooooh. Here we go. We’ve got Super Tom and Gibbo.

To the tune of rocking all over the world.

Could catch on?

4 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

This Newcastle one is easily adapted for Vale.

Who’s that team they call the Vale?

Who’s that team we all adore?

Oh they play in black and white

And they know that Stoke are sh**e

We’ll support you ever more!

Brilliant! 

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

This Newcastle one is easily adapted for Vale.

Who’s that team they call the Vale?

Who’s that team we all adore?

Oh they play in black and white

And they know that Stoke are sh**e

We’ll support you ever more!

They play in all white then?

Archived