The academy

Walka003

Does anyone know if there's a way of following how the u21s are getting on? I see a lot of post by the players themselves, but I can't seem to find who they are playing, how they went on etc.

It's a shame the club don't run an academy twitter account similar to other clubs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Walka003 said:

Does anyone know if there's a way of following how the u21s are getting on? I see a lot of post by the players themselves, but I can't seem to find who they are playing, how they went on etc.

It's a shame the club don't run an academy twitter account similar to other clubs.

Yeah there is a large disconnect between the youth team and the rest of the club.

Would be nice to have some player profiles and interviews etc so we can get to know them a bit better!

Same for the womens team never seems to be anything reported except the reserve and first team matches

They have a Twitter page with updates. @PVFCWomen

Play on Sundays and seem to have mixed fortunes, either hammer someone or get beat and little in between! Enjoy keeping tabs on their progress and seem to be improving year and year.

23 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

If you buy a programme you will see regular reports on both the Youth teams and the Women’s team. There is also a list of fixtures for the Youth team. 

BEB2F3BA-D410-44FE-9348-B78FA41BBC4F.jpeg

That's a good source and the programme is great, but personally I think you can never have too many places to pass on your news and a slot on the website would be useful for updates during times when the there isn't a first-team home game. The goal, surely, is to meet as many people as possible and you're missing a lot if, as people have said on here, there's no simple way of checking the results, reports etc online. 

I think one thing we don't do too often on here is pass on useful/valid comments (rather than just complaints) to the club . I think in this case, it's a valid suggestion so I'm going to email through the comments. It may well be already on their todo list which is probably long and they haven't actioned it yet but I can't see any harm in passing on the point that there is interest in the academy and how they are doing. 

• Like 2

If you buy a programme you will see regular reports on both the Youth teams and the Women’s team. There is also a list of fixtures for the Youth team. 
BEB2F3BA-D410-44FE-9348-B78FA41BBC4F.thumb.jpeg.191a3f90596d8cacd8929657b01c0321.jpeg
That great, never realised it was there.

Unfortunately I don't live in the UK so I have very limited access to programs,outside of the odd visit to Vale Park when I'm back.

I think one thing we don't do too often on here is pass on useful/valid comments (rather than just complaints) to the club . I think in this case, it's a valid suggestion so I'm going to email through the comments. It may well be already on their todo list which is probably long and they haven't actioned it yet but I can't see any harm in passing on the point that there is interest in the academy and how they are doing. 
Good idea Rob, just something as simple as a match report on the vale twitter. Teams, subs, scorers etc just so we get an idea of who's playing well, who's looking likely to break through.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks as if the club have given up on the new twitter before it started.

Vale went out of the staff senior Cup to Eccleshall as reported by Mike Baggerley in the sentinel.

Also, one of our summer junior recruits, Josh Nunes, appears to have joined Sutton academy (not sure if it's permanent but seems likely).