onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Crawley Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Can't wait until we actually get the chance to choose a match day side from a fully fit squad, something I don't think we've been able to do yet this season.

Covolan

Cass

Smith

Jones

Worrall

Gibbons

Pett

Garrity

Conlon

Wilson

Proctor

Subs:

Stone

Legge

Benning

Taylor

Politic

Amoo

Rodney

Hell of a team and bench, that. Can't even find a spot on the bench for Johnson, Martin, Walker or Lloyd.

Advert

36 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

We are of the same mind Tony.  He has been excellent, especially bearing in mind he is 4th / 5th choice striker (including Amoo in there), and has already had a positive impact from the bench in several games, involved in goals / extra points that will make a difference in the final table

A goal would give him a massive boost...but his contribution is still positive!

What a squad! Lloyd and Taylor(back to his best again) caused all kinds of problems after they came on. I've just got home, excellent journey back singing all the way. Support again brilliant and at the end you only had to see the faces of the whole squad as they applauded the fans. Great times. Super to be a Valiant this season. Oh yes, hope the old geezer is ok, who was taken out feeling I'll. His ticker mustn't be able to cope with the brilliance and footie on show by the mighty Vale.😁 Well done to all. Good times keep on rolling.VTID.

1 hour ago, mikey said:

There cant be many of our players who haven't scored yet after Pett got off the mark today?

I'm looking forward to grabbing that top spot off FGR who took a massive 152 to Bradford today.

Would have expected us to take more today too.

As I said earlier, these lads deserve big crowds now. There’s no reason why any Vale fan shouldn’t want to go and watch us.

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

No, too young, Started in 2001 and been miserable since. This is the peak for me.

I guess the good news is that you're young.  The 90's were great, but I feel like the set up through the club is better than it has ever been (at least going back to the late 80's).  I am more hopeful than I have been in a very long time that we have a good foundation to build on.  I think that as long suffering fans we are overdue a little bit of joy/fun.

2001 was when I left the UK but I've been listening/watching pretty much every game for the last 20 years from here (although I do get back for the odd game).  

26 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

Would have expected us to take more today too.

As I said earlier, these lads deserve big crowds now. There’s no reason why any Vale fan shouldn’t want to go and watch us.

I don't think you should be criticising Vale fans for non-attending! Many people have had a <ovf censored> couple of years, financially; and many people are suffering illnesses due to Covid, or to not getting treated for other conditions. Still others are having to work odd shifts / longer hours to make sure they still have jobs. And there are family events that often take precedence. It's rarely a simple "going...not going" decision. It also might be easier for young and single people to go than those have commitments. and - as I've said before - there is still some hesitance and lack of faith in some supporters due to previous mismanagement.  I've no doubt that if we continue this revival and promotion push our gates will increase - but let's not disrespect fans who can't / won't go?

There was a little incident that showed the desire to win this game today. Tom Conlon scores and runs to corner for a celebration with a couple of players joining in, Gibbo runs behind them giving them a mouthful and gesturing for them to stop celebrating, get the ball, get back in shape and get on with the game. 

22 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

I don't think you should be criticising Vale fans for non-attending! Many people have had a <ovf censored> couple of years, financially; and many people are suffering illnesses due to Covid, or to not getting treated for other conditions. Still others are having to work odd shifts / longer hours to make sure they still have jobs. And there are family events that often take precedence. It's rarely a simple "going...not going" decision. It also might be easier for young and single people to go than those have commitments. and - as I've said before - there is still some hesitance and lack of faith in some supporters due to previous mismanagement.  I've no doubt that if we continue this revival and promotion push our gates will increase - but let's not disrespect fans who can't / won't go?

I’m not criticising anyone for not going. I’m sure all true Vale fans have valid reasons as to why they may not be able to attend as much as they’d like to. However, we have a lot of casual fans who we need to attract to attend games now whilst we’re doing well. 

My point is that this team and manager deserve big crowds. No one can argue that. This could be a special season so let’s all get down there when we can and enjoy it! 

3 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Just a word on Jake Taylor,he now looks a totally different player to the one who came back to us last season,he now has got back the silky touch and bit of pace he had,he looks far more confident now when he comes on... so still has the potential to a good player for us(he is also a player i think would be suited to league one football)

Agree. For me he's always had the quality, I just wonder whether DC considers he's got the "Ratting".  He has the vision and a superb array of passing,  can run with the ball and drive the Vale forward, has a long shot on him and we've seen in the past how he can score from outside the box. He gets into the box and can take chances but how he missed that one today from Lloyd's superb cross I don't know and suspect neither does he.

I watch Taylor closely when he comes on and he seems to suggest/direct(?) play by pointing with his arms, I can't tell whether he's also verbally doing the same but I can't remember him doing that previously. Any scout watch that game today and previous game will see in Conlon and Taylor that Vale have two young, excellent creative midfield players and my hope is that Taylor isn't tempted away due to insufficient game time.

I think Jake can and will play at a higher level and according to Sprowy so do Forest given the sell on clause in his contract. I'd play Taylor any day over Garrity but as DC says it's a squad game.

29 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Is a criticism!

You’ve picked out 3 words to quote from a sentence, to fit your narrative.

I said that there’s no reason why any Vale fan ‘shouldn’t want’ to go and watch us. I acknowledge that there’s many Vale fans who can’t watch us for various reasons. However, I’m 100% certain that they’d all ‘want’ to be there and all Vale fans ‘should’ make the effort to attend if they’re able to do so.

Stop with the nitpicking. Too many Vale fans have negativity engrained in them.

There’s no reason why we can’t get 6k plus every home game. This team deserves our backing. 

As I’ve said, enjoy these good times, support the lads.

Archived