Match Thread: Crawley Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

I've just scanned their match thread.  It's amazing how many of them don't seem to watch/listen to/attend the game?  Several posters saying things like, "we were 2 up and I took the dog for a walk, what happened?"

They played Bournemouth recently, and a Cherries-supporting mate watched it on TV.

He couldn't believe how empty the ground was. 

The complete erosion of their support is embarrassing. Half of their fanbase unable to deal with a few seasons in the Championship.

Advert:

They played Bournemouth recently, and a Cherries-supporting mate watched it on TV.
The complete erosion of their support is embarrassing. Half of their fanbase unable to deal with a few seasons in the Championship.
About 9,000 for the Bournemouth game.

On 30/10/2021 at 17:17, Joe B said:

Yeah got names wrong, just thought they were very fair about us. Fair about red card and very complimentary. Get what you mean though.

yams said his player was "wrestled to the ground!" then got sent off. he watched a different game than i watched.😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:
1 hour ago, Joe B said:

About 9,000 for the Bournemouth game.

They count all season ticket holders in the spectator count wether they attend or not. 
wonder how many were  actually in the ground. 

Advert:

15 minutes ago, Rudgiesflatcap said:

They count all season ticket holders in the spectator count wether they attend or not. 
wonder how many were  actually in the ground. 

Brentford was a League Cup Game, so the  9,000 or so quoted on the  BBC would be the actual attendance, similar to Bournemouth?

Advert:

47 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Brilliant attendance that. I think they're averaging around 8,000. Notts County, Stockport & Grimsby all average around 6,000 aswell. 

That's why it peed me off when Vale fans were happy about selling 4500 STs. Then you get Vale fans laughing about Stokes gates. Come on folks we need get our own house in order before taking the micky over other clubs attendances. 

Wouldn't it be nice to aim for at least an average of 10,000 every home game, rather than be happy because we have sold less Season Tickets than Wrexham in Non League have sold. They even took over 1000 for a midweek game to Maidstone.

• Like 1

My apologies for winging about Lloyd yesterday. Looking back he did well when he came on and at the moment I would actually rather use him than Rodney. As long as he's dragging defenders around and creating space for others it doesn't really matter if he's not the one scoring. We clearly have enough goals in the team to not be reliant on what figures he gets or doesn't get.

Edited by Beech
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, butt lane vale fan said:

That's why it peed me off when Vale fans were happy about selling 4500 STs. Then you get Vale fans laughing about Stokes gates. Come on folks we need get our own house in order before taking the micky over other clubs attendances. 

Wouldn't it be nice to aim for at least an average of 10,000 every home game, rather than be happy because we have sold less Season Tickets than Wrexham in Non League have sold. They even took over 1000 for a midweek game to Maidstone.

I don't see the issue.

Wrexham are owned by massive Hollywood actors and are signing League 1 players; I'd expect them to be doing that. Reynolds and McElhenney's first home game was Saturday. It'd be weird if they weren't getting those numbers. Imagine if Brad Pitt bought Vale and turned up in Burslem. Anything less than 9000 would be a shambles from them.

Stockport and Grimsby are historically well-supported clubs. Being in the National League isn't the point, when you've got clubs in the 3rd tier get 2-3,000.

I think, considering the time we've had of it since 2001, where we've seen more administrations than promotions, more crooked owners than trophies, and more abject days and nights than decent ones, I think we're doing OK. 5,000+ on a regular basis during what is one of the worst periods in our history (we've never spent more than 5 years in the bottom tier consecutively; this is our 5th year. The period 2001-2021 can easily be argued as our worst ever, with 2 administrations, 2 relegations, one top 6 finish since 1993, a real dice with liquidation, and our joint-lowest ever finish) isn't bad at all. We're averaging nearly 6k, 5th highest in the league. 

We're going to take the mick out of Stoke's gates as half of their glory-hunting fans have jumped ship as soon as the good days are over. They're our rivals. Of course we will.

Edited by Joe B

2 hours ago, butt lane vale fan said:

Hope it does not take too long for a 10, 000 average gate, last achieved in the 1960s. A tough target, but no doubt a target when in the Championship.

• Like 1

Advert:

12 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Josh Green with another absolute cracking video on Twitter.

One thing that strikes me from watching the videos of our goals is that for the first time in years we are scoring really good goals, goals that highlight talent. Not just headers from set pieces or scrambles that we have been served for a long time.

The sort of goals that i've been watching other good teams score...

Also pleasing to see Amoo back in the goals. Great to see that the cream of the previous crop that was retained, Conlon, Amoo, Gibbons, are part of the plan.

As long as we don't suffer too many injuries this is going to be a great season.

Edited by manc_vale
  • Like 4

On 31/10/2021 at 15:26, NellyTheValiant said:

I think that their 1st 2 fans on RS last night one said that it was their 1st games in years, 2018 I think and one from London who'd seen 20 odd games since 2013 but he's Stoke through and through. He was almost crying............

Yes heard it, the guy from London had been many games over quite a number of years and never seen Sjoke win. He even went to a cup game against Crawley hoping to break his run of bad luck and Crawley won on penos. 

Just a thought, should we have a whip around on OVF and buy him a season ticket . 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 3