Jump to content

Match Thread: Crawley Town v Port Vale


Fosse69
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Doha said:

He was getting the blame for their goal from some quarters on that daft Facebook group. In fact after the Mansfield game someone had the gall to write “yeah he saved a penalty but he’s still <ovf censored>”, they were being serious. You have to laugh. 

Problem with this is that they will never change or admit they are wrong… it’s easy to laugh at but at some point in the next few years we will go through a sticky patch… hopefully as we adjust to league 1.

These idiots will be the rot that causes the crowd to turn … buoyed by the fact that they are finally right it will be 10 times worse. 

Just when the team needs support from their “fans” these idiots will be doing everything they can to damage the club and drag us down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great weekend to be a Vale fan. After some of the embarrassing performances of old it’s so good to see us being ruthless and professional. We do really have a good squad which should hopefully see us through injuries and any suspensions. This team and management have put some real pride back in to what was a shambles of a club. UTV

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic 3 points! 

We started the game on the front foot, and looked the far superior outfit. As Crosby had already said, the red card worked to our disadvantage initially. We became slow in our build up, a bit sloppy and lacklustre. But, we responded superbly in the second half. Credit to Clarke for making the changes, they worked a treat. Amoo and Lloyd were excellent. Four great goals ensured were brought home the 3 points. 

MOTM - Tom Pett, the lad was absolutely fantastic. He recycled the ball so well, and rarely gave it away.

Also, there has to be a special mention for Conlon. He is finally starting to get back to his best of last season, it’s great to see. His passion speak volumes, he loves the club and I genuinely believe he will Captain us to promotion. 

Great day all round, well worth the 7 hour round trip. 

UTV!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great result!  Not only are we now the joint top scorers in league two, but it's heartening that goals are coming from all parts of the team (and a number, courtesy of the opposition, from own goals!)  The strength in depth of our current squad is the number one positive IMO and gives me much hope for the remainder of this season's campaign.  Congrats have to go to David Flitcroft & Darrell Clarke for achieving this situation--what a change form the dark days under Norman!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Portvale4 said:

Fantastic 3 points! 

We started the game on the front foot, and looked the far superior outfit. As Crosby had already said, the red card worked to our disadvantage initially. We became slow in our build up, a bit sloppy and lacklustre. But, we responded superbly in the second half. Credit to Clarke for making the changes, they worked a treat. Amoo and Lloyd were excellent. Four great goals ensured were brought home the 3 points. 

MOTM - Tom Pett, the lad was absolutely fantastic. He recycled the ball so well, and rarely gave it away.

Also, there has to be a special mention for Conlon. He is finally starting to get back to his best of last season, it’s great to see. His passion speak volumes, he loves the club and I genuinely believe he will Captain us to promotion. 

Great day all round, well worth the 7 hour round trip. 

UTV!

Tom Pett’s goal broke their hearts.🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Great result!  Not only are we now the joint top scorers in league two, but it's heartening that goals are coming from all parts of the team (and a number, courtesy of the opposition, from own goals!)  The strength in depth of our current squad is the number one positive IMO and gives me much hope for the remainder of this season's campaign.  Congrats have to go to David Flitcroft & Darrell Clarke for achieving this situation--what a change form the dark days under Norman!!

Fast low balls across a goal area can easily take a deflection off a defender or a poke from an attacker into goal, as well as our training ground routines work. Just the job in a league of giant defenders. Pleased also with Wilson being alert to goalkeeper spills off freekicks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beginning to think Amoo is most dangerous as a sub.

Football places a large primacy on 'starters' but sometimes, certain players' attributes are more dangerous in certain situations. I'd rather have a fresh Amoo running behind a flagging backline, as opposed to a fresh Amoo playing against a fresh backline from the start, and tiring in tandem with them.

Getting a player to buy into this is a challenge though, as they all want to play all of the minutes. Amoo came on and got a goal and two assists yesterday, looking much sharper than a Crawley side who were clearly worn down by our good, patient possession. Does he have the same impact if he'd started the game? I'm not sure. 

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Joe B said:

Check the Oatcake if you fancy some gentle Sunday morning laughs. Absolute meltdown. One American getting dog's abuse for saying he can't 'root' for the team anymore. 

It would be even worse if any of the Stoke fans were Australian......😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Beginning to think Amoo is most dangerous as a sub.

Football places a large primacy on 'starters' but sometimes, certain players' attributes are more dangerous in certain situations. I'd rather have a fresh Amoo running behind a flagging backline, as opposed to a fresh Amoo playing against a fresh backline from the start, and tiring in tandem with them.

Getting a player to buy into this is a challenge though, as they all want to play all of the minutes. Amoo came on and got a goal and two assists yesterday, looking much sharper than a Crawley side who were clearly worn down by our good, patient possession. Does he have the same impact if he'd started the game? I'm not sure. 

Nowadays it is a game of 14 players, coming on at say 60 mins he does not have to pace himself for a full game, which he may prefer if his game  has a  speed content.  Do subs only get a % of appearance money?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long way go but we are having a good season up to yet .
The squad are gelling we are playing some unbelievable football and are delighting our hardcore who are the ones I have the most admiration for the ones who go home and away near and far .
So many different scorers each week so many well worked goals and the team getting the plaudits not individually but collectively.
DC is doing a smashing job as are all of his backroom staff .
Someone said earlier the club are deserving of bigger gates ,well yes they are but you cannot make folk go you just hope they do and that will help if we get to the third round of the F.A cup to keep the feel good factor going .
They are midtable league one Accrington that is its a must win game that's how you obtain extra support through the campaign so to me next Sat is pivotal .
Delighted with all the team last two games Amoo Conlon Pett Wilson Martin Gibbons scoring great to see all different types of goals all excellent in there own way .
Well Done Vale keep it going
UTV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

Tom Pett’s goal broke their hearts.🙄

Fully deserved his goal. 

My one criticism so far of Pett has been his lack of goals, but hopefully that can spur him on for one or two more over the coming months. 

Cracking signing! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Joe B said:

Check the Oatcake if you fancy some gentle Sunday morning laughs. Absolute meltdown. One American getting dog's abuse for saying he can't 'root' for the team anymore. 

I've just scanned their match thread.  It's amazing how many of them don't seem to watch/listen to/attend the game?  Several posters saying things like, "we were 2 up and I took the dog for a walk, what happened?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I've just scanned their match thread.  It's amazing how many of them don't seem to watch/listen to/attend the game?  Several posters saying things like, "we were 2 up and I took the dog for a walk, what happened?"

I think that their 1st 2 fans on RS last night one said that it was their 1st games in years, 2018 I think and one from London who'd seen 20 odd games since 2013 but he's Stoke through and through. He was almost crying............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...