Match Thread: Crawley Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert:

51 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Fantastic win. Love a comeback! Just brilliant from our captain Tom Conlon to get us back in the game. From that point I always thought we get chances, and we emphatically put them away. 

Unfortunately, offers are going to come in for Tom. I’d put a £5m price tag on his head to fend off potential suitors. If someone bids that, then I would say that’s good business for the club, and I would say goodbye with a heavy heart. 

Fantastic being a Vale fan at present. Long may that continue! UTV. 

Don't think as things are that any of our players would go to L1. If a championship club comes in, I just hope we'll hang tough and tell them to come back in June. We need this promotion like nothing else, rather than a short-term payoff, no matter how apparently generous. If we took the money, how would we feel if we failed to win promotion? We might never get another chance as good as this. 

Come on, the Mighty Vale, let's go up with a team that will take L1 by storm!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, VantaaVale said:

Dreadful, dreadful interview.

Has no idea what the player was sent off for (it was an elbow, blatantly), and then decries a lineman giving a decision (which is what his job is).

Be out of a job soon. 

• Like 3

Advert:

11 minutes ago, VantaaVale said:

If he didn’t see the elbow then was he not watching the game. When he refers to Kettle’s little friend the linesman giving the decision, is that not what he is there for.  Very poor loser who will hopefully get bitten in his dog fight.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

Yes, but he didn’t keep giving pointless free kicks away, f and blind at anyone who would listen, slag his teammates off, show utter contempt for the management team or work on tactics on a Thursday night in Scrimmys.  You are clearly judging Lloyd on the wrong metrics 😉

I meant - he's a bloody nuisance to the opposition! From what I've seen of him, there's a lot of potential, there, and i've supported him more than once when he's been scapegoated! As for ex-legend Pope - he is at his level, now,  

14 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

I meant - he's a bloody nuisance to the opposition! From what I've seen of him, there's a lot of potential, there, and i've supported him more than once when he's been scapegoated! As for ex-legend Pope - he is at his level, now,  

We are of the same mind Tony.  He has been excellent, especially bearing in mind he is 4th / 5th choice striker (including Amoo in there), and has already had a positive impact from the bench in several games, involved in goals / extra points that will make a difference in the final table

• Like 2

Can't wait until we actually get the chance to choose a match day side from a fully fit squad, something I don't think we've been able to do yet this season.

Covolan

Cass

Smith

Jones

Worrall

Gibbons

Pett

Garrity

Conlon

Wilson

Proctor

Subs:

Stone

Legge

Benning

Taylor

Politic

Amoo

Rodney

Hell of a team and bench, that. Can't even find a spot on the bench for Johnson, Martin, Walker or Lloyd.

Edited by Beech

Advert:

36 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

We are of the same mind Tony.  He has been excellent, especially bearing in mind he is 4th / 5th choice striker (including Amoo in there), and has already had a positive impact from the bench in several games, involved in goals / extra points that will make a difference in the final table

A goal would give him a massive boost...but his contribution is still positive!

• Like 1

What a squad! Lloyd and Taylor(back to his best again) caused all kinds of problems after they came on. I've just got home, excellent journey back singing all the way. Support again brilliant and at the end you only had to see the faces of the whole squad as they applauded the fans. Great times. Super to be a Valiant this season. Oh yes, hope the old geezer is ok, who was taken out feeling I'll. His ticker mustn't be able to cope with the brilliance and footie on show by the mighty Vale.😁 Well done to all. Good times keep on rolling.VTID.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mikey said:

There cant be many of our players who haven't scored yet after Pett got off the mark today?

I'm looking forward to grabbing that top spot off FGR who took a massive 152 to Bradford today.

Would have expected us to take more today too.

As I said earlier, these lads deserve big crowds now. There’s no reason why any Vale fan shouldn’t want to go and watch us.

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

No, too young, Started in 2001 and been miserable since. This is the peak for me.

I guess the good news is that you're young.  The 90's were great, but I feel like the set up through the club is better than it has ever been (at least going back to the late 80's).  I am more hopeful than I have been in a very long time that we have a good foundation to build on.  I think that as long suffering fans we are overdue a little bit of joy/fun.

2001 was when I left the UK but I've been listening/watching pretty much every game for the last 20 years from here (although I do get back for the odd game).  

• Like 3

Advert:

26 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

Would have expected us to take more today too.

As I said earlier, these lads deserve big crowds now. There’s no reason why any Vale fan shouldn’t want to go and watch us.

I don't think you should be criticising Vale fans for non-attending! Many people have had a <ovf censored> couple of years, financially; and many people are suffering illnesses due to Covid, or to not getting treated for other conditions. Still others are having to work odd shifts / longer hours to make sure they still have jobs. And there are family events that often take precedence. It's rarely a simple "going...not going" decision. It also might be easier for young and single people to go than those have commitments. and - as I've said before - there is still some hesitance and lack of faith in some supporters due to previous mismanagement.  I've no doubt that if we continue this revival and promotion push our gates will increase - but let's not disrespect fans who can't / won't go?

• Like 1

There was a little incident that showed the desire to win this game today. Tom Conlon scores and runs to corner for a celebration with a couple of players joining in, Gibbo runs behind them giving them a mouthful and gesturing for them to stop celebrating, get the ball, get back in shape and get on with the game. 

• Like 4