Match Thread: Crawley Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Just now, Santa said:

Has anybody mentioned yet that Forest Green’s next league game has been called off due to internationals?

Don’t want to jinx anything but a two goal win in front of the TV cameras in a fortnight and… no, I’ve said too much. 

A repeat of that Oxford game would be alreet. 

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

'This team wont score goals' weve scored 27 in 15 😂🤣

17 of those in the last 6 😲

4 minutes ago, Santa said:

Has anybody mentioned yet that Forest Green’s next league game has been called off due to internationals?

Don’t want to jinx anything but a two goal win in front of the TV cameras in a fortnight and… no, I’ve said too much. 

Really? A league 2 match due to international call ups? Do they really have that many? 

11 minutes ago, philmpv said:
16 minutes ago, Joe B said:
Crawley commentary very decent and largely complimentary. 

Are you joking? Garrity was Pett, Smith was Jones, and Wilson was Gibbons at one point. We also had a new player, Dominic Politic, for 70 minutes! Worst commentary I've heard for some time

To be fair I get them mixed up. Conlon is De Bruyne, Garrity is Mount, Wilson is Kane. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Advert:

Take a 4-1 win at Crawley any day of the week, sending off or no sending off. They looked a team who could snatch a goal at any time, even with 10 men.

Super team performance, Pett and Conlon outstanding. Just need to find a way of getting Jake Taylor into the starting 11 as he is quality.

Don't want to kybosh anything but barring long term injuries to key players it's looking very promising for Vale.

11 minutes ago, Santa said:

Ours might just be yet.................

Advert:

I don't disagree with any of that, still wouldn't mind Pope on the bench.
Really? Even though a Pope on the bench is a Pope in the pub, causing disruption behind the scenes? I get the feeling that you'd have a 97 year old Pope who hadn't scored for 60 years on the bench in the strong belief that he'd repeat his 2012 season at some point
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Just back in after watching it from the East Stand with the locals. Fans around us pretty complimentary about our quality, and oddly enough, they seemed to think Trevor Kettle had a stinker....😄

My last Vale away game was also at Crawley 2 seasons ago, and the difference between then and now is another level. Some things don't change though - Gibbo still gives Amoo a rollicking when he doesn't track his man!

A good time to be a Vale fan - we played some nice football, albeit a bit slowly in the first half, and the quality in midfield was evident. 

Now where's that beer?

• Like 3

Advert:

5 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I've said it before; do not extrapolate this to 46 games or you'll get far too excited.

Too late... (28-9-9, 93pts!)

Similarly, definitely don't work out where we'd be if we do the same in the next 26 games (81pts with 5 games still to play).

I need a change of underwear...

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Really? Even though a Pope on the bench is a Pope in the pub, causing disruption behind the scenes? I get the feeling that you'd have a 97 year old Pope who hadn't scored for 60 years on the bench in the strong belief that he'd repeat his 2012 season at some point emoji6.png

Haha. Just think even now he's a better option to have on the bench than Lloyd. Give Pope chances and he will score more often than not. That said, that's not to say I would have kept him given the choice. The time was up for a number of players.

• Like 2