Match Thread: Crawley Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

4 minutes ago, philmpv said:
9 minutes ago, Joe B said:
Crawley commentary very decent and largely complimentary. 

Are you joking? Garrity was Pett, Smith was Jones, and Wilson was Gibbons at one point. We also had a new player, Dominic Politic, for 70 minutes! Worst commentary I've heard for some time

Who cares, as was mentioned after the Colchester game, the Crawley players didn't know who they were either.

Advert:

7 minutes ago, philmpv said:
12 minutes ago, Joe B said:
Crawley commentary very decent and largely complimentary. 

Are you joking? Garrity was Pett, Smith was Jones, and Wilson was Gibbons at one point. We also had a new player, Dominic Politic, for 70 minutes! Worst commentary I've heard for some time

and bowers thought we were playing colchester!!!!!!!!!!

Advert:

What a win three different scorers some very good football ok helped by the Red card but we kept our discipline and it was one of there players who gave the ref a decision make .

Dc is great whatever he said at half time did the business seemed that Lloyd Amoo and Taylor were very influential in the turn around .

A fantastic result that 

UTV 

I won’t lie I was raging in the 1st half even before they scored.We played right in to there hands with slow play in the middle.

Credit to DC for making the necessary changes to the formation and personnel. We ground the result out well in the end.

Really chuffed for Amoo 1 assist and classy finish.

Conlon and Pett, I thought where superb all game but for me generally a below par performance from most of the team.

Bodes well when we win away from home with a sub par performance. This team just finds a way and is going places!

1 hour ago, Biddulph_PV said:

We know what will happen now. They park for the Bus for 45 mins and we’ll huff and puff but not get anywhere, more likely concede another on the break. Too defensive a set-up for me against a side in really bad form. 

This is a DC side and not an Askey one that is a massive difference

• Like 1

Just now, philmpv said:

Can we run a poll now to see how many are still clinging to the belief that we should have kept the likes of Pope, Joyce, Brisley and Montano now? Unbelievable recruitment in the summer by DC and DF

Flitters did very, very well. Today we were missing our top scorer and our best player. We were in a pickle at half time. We made changes. We walk it 4-1.

The depth of the squad is superb, and it's utilised excellently by a flexible manager who plays winning football.

• Like 3

Advert:

3 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

Let’s enjoy it. These lads deserve big crowds now.

Bit of a shame that we're on sky now as Bradford could have been a decent crowd.

Edited by Doha

Has anybody mentioned yet that Forest Green’s next league game has been called off due to internationals?

Don’t want to jinx anything but a two goal win in front of the TV cameras in a fortnight and… no, I’ve said too much. 

• Like 5

Advert:

5 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Can we run a poll now to see how many are still clinging to the belief that we should have kept the likes of Pope, Joyce, Brisley and Montano now? Unbelievable recruitment and retention in the summer by DC and DF

I don't disagree with any of that, still wouldn't mind Pope on the bench.

• Haha 1