• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Crawley Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert:

I think we need to change the formation. It’s fine from the off but it’s not set up to break down ten men.  Conlon playing on the right of a front 3 just isn’t working. They’re sitting in and we need something else to break them down.  Benning and gibbo are staying wide to stretch the play but Benning isn’t getting at them or behind them enough. Gibbos got behind a couple of times and pulled a couple of balls back across. He also had probably the best chance of the game for us with his header. But other than that  it’s been long range efforts. I think we should go 2 up front for a start and maybe lose a centre half. 

Edited by PV1973

Advert:

Need more passing quality in midfield, too many safe/square passes. Jake Taylor on for Garrity for me.

Some decent stuff by Vale before the sending off. Get the feeling Kettle will even this up given half a chance..

Have to give Cawley credit, excellent cross and good run and finish by Appiah.

7 minutes ago, gavcradd said:

Amoo for Benning at half time for me, Benning doesn't have the cutting edge to beat the defender when he has the space. Also maybe Pett or Garritty for Taylor because of the yellow.

Benning is the chink in the armour for me. I'd rather have Amos start. 

4 minutes ago, Beech said:

Can we please bring in another striker asap? If Wilson also picks up an injury while Proctor is out we're screwed, and left with a rookie and a player that has no confidence whatsoever.

Transfer window not open.

3 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

Benning isn’t the reason we are losing this game so can we just clear that up and move on.

No, he hasn't done anything wrong but equaly he's noit playing well in the position he's in, he hasn't beaten heis man once. With 10 v 11 we need someone to stretch them down that side, Amoo would do that.

Edit : Amos is on the bench, another player that has done well in the league above - would he provide more threat than Benning? Not seen anything of him at all.

Edited by gavcradd
  • Like 1

Advert:

5 minutes ago, Beech said:

Can we please bring in another striker asap? If Wilson also picks up an injury while Proctor is out we're screwed, and left with a rookie and a player that has no confidence whatsoever.

If we pick up an non contracted striker, he will need weeks to get match fit.

Half time stats say it all. 70% possession to their 30%, 8 shots to their 2, our passing accuracy is streets ahead also. Just need to remain calm and craft out a couple of clear cut chances (and take them of course). Benning defo the weak link for me. Poor player in most of his games. People saying he's out of position but Worrall and Gibbons have been as well for most of the season and they've been our best players by and large.

• Like 1

Just now, gavcradd said:

No, he hasn't done anything wrong but equaly he's noit playing well in the position he's in, he hasn't beaten heis man once. With 10 v 11 we need someone to stretch them down that side, Amoo would do that.

He’s not a left wing back that’s why. He’s a left back and a very good one, formation Dosent suit him at all 

I know I've mentioned this a few times already this season, but it's another half/game where we've outshot the opposition and not taken our chances.

Is this lack of quality? Luck?

It keeps happening a lot and if we carry it on we'll win more than we lose but there is 'something' lacking with us right now when it comes to taking chances.

Advert: