onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Crawley Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

I think Kettle is poor but we're a far more savvy team under Clarke than we were last time he reffed us, under Askey at FGR.

We've got a real knack for killing momentum in games, getting away with little fouls, going down 'injured' at the right time. Clarke will have the players prepared for the Kettle show and we seem pretty disciplined this year.

Last time, for all of Kettle's madness, the players fundamentally lost their head and were ill-disciplined, giving a bad ref some decisions to make. Mitch Clark went flying in recklessly, and Pope got in a player's face as he was lying on the ground. Not saying they were 100% reds, but if you do stupid stuff around a bad ref, you're rolling the dice.

The players will be ready for tomorrow. He'll be a pain but I'm hoping he doesn't have the impact on the game some are envisaging. 

Advert

41 minutes ago, robf said:

Those of a delicate nature may want to avoid clicking on this link:

https://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=833

To be fair to Kettle.

1. I agree with Joe B that we are a more savvy team this season than others. I expect it wil be 50:50 on the conning stakes.

2. The record of Mather, who reffed our opener at Northanmpton and red carded Covolan is worse... 5 reds 44 yellows in 6 games

Not saying he is a brilliant ref, just that I don't think he will necessarily be a 12th man for Crawley.. We are not strangers to the dark arts (eg Covolans hamstrings)

6 hours ago, Platty's Tassels said:

Really enjoy listening to the pre match press conferences these days, Clarke for me speaks really well and you can just tell how much more professionally we are run. Gibbons spoke really good too.

Really gets me up for the game tomorrow, can't wait.

Two good interviews. Gives just a tiny insight into how the manager and players are approaching games - professionally, I'm pleased to say!

EDIT - I'll post the videos, stop being lazy

As long as Kettle is garbage in an even handed way, we needn't worry - as previous posters have said, he's given us the odd dodgy one as well.  My only concern is that he plays the "homer", and his decisions become heavily biased against us, because that is what riles players and fans the most, when it is clear the ref has lost the plot. That said, both sides will know his record, and what a plank he is, and will factor that in to what they do on the field.  Looking forward to this one despite him - hopefully he won't have a bearing on the game.  

(and if we have 6 yellow cards, 2 red cards, and a 22 man man brawl at full time, I'll revisit this thread at 5pm......) 

Criminal that we have a cult hero Brazilian goalkeeper who, rightly or wrongly, we'll be talking about in 50 years time, and this rasper hasn't been incorporated into the match day playlist. We need full Brazilian paraphernalia at a home game. Paddock delivering a well-executed samba routine. Copacaburslem. 

Lucas Covolan Futebol Clube, imo. I'm dying on this hill. Club legend.

On 29/10/2021 at 10:43, robf said:

I suspect Garrity will come back in, in the same way Cass came back in after his rest. I wonder who will drop out to accommodate him? I guess it's one of Politic or Rodney, with whoever it is capable of coming on and doing damage from the bench.

I think it's just nice to have "good" problems such as who to play and who to not play due to our squad strength.

It can't be Politic - he ripped Colchester apart and showed that he's a level above League Two.  If anyone deserves to keep their place, it's him.

28 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Criminal that we have a cult hero Brazilian goalkeeper who, rightly or wrongly, we'll be talking about in 50 years time, and this rasper hasn't been incorporated into the match day playlist. We need full Brazilian paraphernalia at a home game. Paddock delivering a well-executed samba routine. Copacaburslem. 

Lucas Covolan Futebol Clube, imo. I'm dying on this hill. Club legend.

I was asked for some songs for the VPPL and picked 3 tunes in honour of our Covolan for todays game but none were selected.  Maybe not as upbeat as this number but decent all the same IMHO.

Archived