onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Crawley Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Politic has 2 goals and an assist in 143 minutes, or 1.6 90s. We were told he'd walk League 2 and he's already shown it in minimal minutes.

It's a very small sample size, but if you're Flitters you're sitting him down and selling the vision. Promotion this year. Guaranteed minutes. Release clause. He's out of contract and hasn't signed the Bolton deal that he's been offered. 

Sometimes you take a punt on talent and Politic has it in abundance. 

I don't think we'll get him, though, and I don't think he'll be here beyond January 1. Bolton are mid-table in the league above and are a match-winner away from pushing from the playoffs. They'll probably bring him back, fit and firing, and get him on a new deal. 

What reassures me is that The Matrix's hit rate looks to be pretty good for League 2, where signings are usually very hit and miss. We'll have replacements identified, but we got lucky that Politic needed fitness minutes after a horrendous injury. I'm unsure a player of his ability falls into our laps again.

Advert

1 hour ago, onestepatatime said:

I generally drive to all away games but on Saturday might go by rail. Anyone on here got best ideas of what trains to catch. Much appreciated fellow Valiants.

You could also walk to St Pancras 5 minutes from Euston and get the train from there . That's what we did at Sutton. 

If by any chance you aren't drinking you will find that going from Stafford or Crewe is a lot cheaper than Stoke. So you could drive to either of those. 

We went to Sutton from Stafford and it was £25 cheaper. 

Never know what to expect being a Vale fan! I never like to predict scores ! This team seems to confound some of the past failings and long may it continue. Here hoping all the lads are up for it and we are firing on all cylinders! If that’s the case we could all be very happy bunnies come 5pm on Saturday. Come on you whites ! 

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

You could also walk to St Pancras 5 minutes from Euston and get the train from there . That's what we did at Sutton. 

If by any chance you aren't drinking you will find that going from Stafford or Crewe is a lot cheaper than Stoke. So you could drive to either of those. 

We went to Sutton from Stafford and it was £25 cheaper. 

Vale on the train without a drink? Come on mate, half my reason for non driving Saturday is to at least enjoy some part of the day.🤣 I live out past Stafford so I'll  be taking train from there and hopefully end up at Crawley before kick off.👍🍺🍷

1 hour ago, onestepatatime said:

Vale on the train without a drink? Come on mate, half my reason for non driving Saturday is to at least enjoy some part of the day.🤣 I live out past Stafford so I'll  be taking train from there and hopefully end up at Crawley before kick off.👍🍺🍷

I didn't have a drink at Sutton and can't until January 🙄 

Have a good one 

Let's hope no matter how we get on tomorrow  no needless red cards are given to anyone playing in the Vale shirts .

We usually do well at Crawley so I'd expect us go there with a go for it attitude with a desire to outright win the game .

Team well who is ready last away game we hardly got out of our half so maybe a different system tomoz for the Vale .

Think he said two weeks for Proctor so he might be in contention for Accrington next Sat. 

Garrity was rested  v Colchester. 

So team for me. 

Covalan 

Cass Smith Jones 

Worrall Pett Garrity Conlon Gibbons 

Wilson Politic 

No reason why Gibbons cannot get another big goal tomoz Rodney did very well last week so if any of Worrall Politic Wilson or Gibbons not quite at it he can come on in any of those positions during the game .

Let's hope it's not the Trevor Kettle show  because he is referring we are playing 12 tomoz just hope we keep our discipline when he his handing strange decisions to the opposition. 

UTV 

I suspect Garrity will come back in, in the same way Cass came back in after his rest. I wonder who will drop out to accommodate him? I guess it's one of Politic or Rodney, with whoever it is capable of coming on and doing damage from the bench.

I think it's just nice to have "good" problems such as who to play and who to not play due to our squad strength.

2 hours ago, robf said:

I suspect Garrity will come back in, in the same way Cass came back in after his rest. I wonder who will drop out to accommodate him? I guess it's one of Politic or Rodney, with whoever it is capable of coming on and doing damage from the bench.

I think it's just nice to have "good" problems such as who to play and who to not play due to our squad strength.

I agree Rob. Just how long is it since we had such a "good" problem in terms of multi-options for virtually every on-field position?  All credit to the whole management team and, Carol of course.  It's very heartening reading David Flitcroft's enlightened comments about plans already carried out and, perhaps more importantly, for the future.  It's great to have the feel-good feeling around Vale Park these days--long may it continue!

2 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

I agree Rob. Just how long is it since we had such a "good" problem in terms of multi-options for virtually every on-field position?  All credit to the whole management team and, Carol of course.  It's very heartening reading David Flitcroft's enlightened comments about plans already carried out and, perhaps more importantly, for the future.  It's great to have the feel-good feeling around Vale Park these days--long may it continue!

It does kind of make the pre-match "I think Vale should line up like this..." posts almost redundant as if the formation turns out to be wrong, the same eleven often has the flexibility to adopt a new formation. 

When you've got the likes of Gibbo, Jones, Worrall, Cass etc who can feature in multiple positions, it makes an "in game" tactical change easier to do without using subs and we've seen that in a lot of the games already.

Unfortunately I think the ref will have a pivotal impact on the game. If I were their manager I'd be telling them to go down at every opportunity, especially in the peno box, because he's bound to be giving them the benefit of the doubt (which is putting it mildly). On a normal day, I'd say we'd be odds on favourites but with Kettle in charge anything could happen. My guess is we're in for a difficult afternoon.

Why on earth is this bloke still reffing?

Archived