onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Crawley Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Excited to what we can do with the system we first played v Colchester.

I really liked the 343; Conlon and Pett both seemed to suit the spoiling + sitting back and dictating roles. Gibbons and Worrall could link up with Politic and Rodney, leaving fullbacks unsure who to mark. The first came as a result of Politic coming narrow and short, dragging the fullback with him, allowing Gibbons a free run in behind.

It seemed to work for Wilson too, who could drop a bit deeper and link things (his best attribute), secure in the knowledge that Rodney and Politic were in behind him. I think Proctor will flourish in the role too.

Crawley lost to Scunthorpe last week and have lost their last three. 

I'm mindful that Politic will probably be on his way in January (do Newcastle have a recall clause for Cass?). Hopefully The Matrix has already identified his replacement.

38 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

I generally drive to all away games but on Saturday might go by rail. Anyone on here got best ideas of what trains to catch. Much appreciated fellow Valiants.

Euston to Victoria (via Victoria line)then on to Crawley via Gatwick I reckon.

39 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

I generally drive to all away games but on Saturday might go by rail. Anyone on here got best ideas of what trains to catch. Much appreciated fellow Valiants.

Depending on where you are coming from. The most convenient and cheapest option may be to avoid going directly into London first from Stoke. 

To do this, get to Peterborough and then you can get a Thameslink service direct to Crawley station. 

Having said that there are few trains from Stoke to Peterborough (usually a change at Nuneaton)  that make this easy and if you buy in advance you are better off doing the following. Although prices etc and walk to St Pancras need to be taken into account. 

Stoke to Euston then these days walk to nearby St Pancras and catch a Thameslink service direct to Crawley which is basically the Peterborough train further down. 

As a South based Valiant, I will be going on the Peterborough train from Arlesey direct to Crawley. 

3 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Depending on where you are coming from. The most convenient and cheapest option may be to avoid going directly into London first from Stoke. 

To do this, get to Peterborough and then you can get a Thameslink service direct to Crawley station. 

Having said that there are few trains from Stoke to Peterborough (usually a change at Nuneaton)  that make this easy and if you buy in advance you are better off doing the following. Although prices etc and walk to St Pancras need to be taken into account. 

Stoke to Euston then these days walk to nearby St Pancras and catch a Thameslink service direct to Crawley which is basically the Peterborough train further down. 

As a South based Valiant, I will be going on the Peterborough train from Arlesey direct to Crawley. 

Cheers mate. A faff I know, that's why I usually drive. I'll  be there whatever  UTV.

10 league games before we could lose Politic. Let’s make it count and make sure he leaves us clear at the top.

I think it’s just a possibility we have to navigate around rather than a likelihood anyway. Hopefully.

2 minutes ago, 1 said:

10 league games before we could lose Politic. Let’s make it count and make sure he leaves us clear at the top.

I think it’s just a possibility we have to navigate around rather than a likelihood anyway. Hopefully.

Play him for 6 games and then have him train with the stiffs and feed him McDonalds for the remaining time he's here.  They won't bother recalling him then.

Archived