onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Crawley Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Crawley have lost their last 3 games including 2 at home so low in confidence or desperate to stop the rot? The sort of game that builds points for a promotion push for a team with 1 loss and 1 draw in their last 9 league games. Proctor to be given adequate recovery time ready for the November games, with  us having plenty of player options and goals spread out within the Squad. So, expecting a 3-0 and 3 points. 

Advert

Got my ticket yesterday for a very respectable £16 , been a happy hunting ground.

As per Mansfield let's take nothing for granted but I'll be very hopeful of another win. Will make the horrendous journey worthwhile. 

I'd wrap Proctor in cotton wool now until maybe Bradford , leave him recovering on the sidelines against Accrington. 

As ever we can't second guess the team. As I'm sure neither will Crawley be able to. 

5 minutes ago, Santa said:

Yeah. £16 is a good price and it's a very good terrace behind the goal. Bit of an underrated ground Crawley.

Yeah much better than venturing into the seats in that temporary stand with the posts in the way. 

Tough game, will have to play better than at Mansfield to win it; but maybe that was down to the three day turnaround.

Play the same team again. I don’t buy into the theory behind a home formation and away formation. If you’ve got the better players, set up to attack and get on the front foot. 

Let’s hope this record at Crawley doesn’t go like the Scunthorpe/Swindon/Rochdale/Opening Day runs have!

They seem to be out of form so would expect us to be heavy favourites. Win this we will have the points we had at the half way point last season already! Would be great to go into the cup break in the auto spots with another positive result.

2nd in the league players out but the squad players stepping in and doing a grand job .
Confidence high but DC keeping them focused individually with tremendous man management skills .
Scoring virtually every game and when attacking looking likely to as well .
All big games now we are up there to be shot at so make no bones about it the excellent work to get to 2nd place will have to be maintained if anything the performances will have to improve as teams begin to gel etc .
Team well for one who's fit I'd start with team who started v Colchester myself but we see what Ben and Jamie offer if fit but Rodders and Politic have stepped in and played very well sat .
I'd hate be a manager keeping all the players happy is going be a huge task but happy they must remain and when put on the pitch play so well for DC to take notice .
I'd take a point away be happy with that as long as we have had a go because if I'm looking at twenty to five and it's 0-0 and Bradford are beating FG 1-0 we have a chance go 2 points of top if we hit a late winner and that should put a few thousand on gate v V Bradford for a chance to hit the summit in front of watching sky public .
What more of a incentive beat Crawley .
UTV

Tough game, will have to play better than at Mansfield to win it; but maybe that was down to the three day turnaround.
Play the same team again. I don’t buy into the theory behind a home formation and away formation. If you’ve got the better players, set up to attack and get on the front foot. 
I think DC could make changes. I like the way he does it, keeps everyone on their toes and the opposition guessing.

1 hour ago, FriedRice said:

Anything but a loss keeps the momentum and seems like even a loss gets this team fired up for the next match. Garrity back in probably but wouldnt be suprised to see it unchanged. Only thing that bothers me is a club coming in for DC

And possibly Gibbons and Conlon and Rodney...such is the price of success if you're a L2 club.

Hope we stay tough and say NOTHING doing during the season, come back in May if you're still interested!

40 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

And possibly Gibbons and Conlon and Rodney...such is the price of success if you're a L2 club.

Hope we stay tough and say NOTHING doing during the season, come back in May if you're still interested!

I m not sure there are many players signed by championship teams from league 2…. There is quite a gap in standard. Anyone with championship pretentious probably needs a good season in league 1 first…. If we do t go up though we would leave ourselves open to bids from league 1  clubs.

i m sure the manager will move on at some point but he s not daft… a promotion on his cv with us would be his first priority then reassess when we’re in league 1. When he leaves it will be the real test of the Director of Football model to transfer seamlessly to a new manager like Brentford.

Anyway that’s all in the future let’s enjoy this season for now…. We bloody deserve it !

Archived