onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Crawley Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

1 hour ago, butt lane vale fan said:

That's why it peed me off when Vale fans were happy about selling 4500 STs. Then you get Vale fans laughing about Stokes gates. Come on folks we need get our own house in order before taking the micky over other clubs attendances. 

Wouldn't it be nice to aim for at least an average of 10,000 every home game, rather than be happy because we have sold less Season Tickets than Wrexham in Non League have sold. They even took over 1000 for a midweek game to Maidstone.

I don't see the issue.

Wrexham are owned by massive Hollywood actors and are signing League 1 players; I'd expect them to be doing that. Reynolds and McElhenney's first home game was Saturday. It'd be weird if they weren't getting those numbers. Imagine if Brad Pitt bought Vale and turned up in Burslem. Anything less than 9000 would be a shambles from them.

Stockport and Grimsby are historically well-supported clubs. Being in the National League isn't the point, when you've got clubs in the 3rd tier get 2-3,000.

I think, considering the time we've had of it since 2001, where we've seen more administrations than promotions, more crooked owners than trophies, and more abject days and nights than decent ones, I think we're doing OK. 5,000+ on a regular basis during what is one of the worst periods in our history (we've never spent more than 5 years in the bottom tier consecutively; this is our 5th year. The period 2001-2021 can easily be argued as our worst ever, with 2 administrations, 2 relegations, one top 6 finish since 1993, a real dice with liquidation, and our joint-lowest ever finish) isn't bad at all. We're averaging nearly 6k, 5th highest in the league. 

We're going to take the mick out of Stoke's gates as half of their glory-hunting fans have jumped ship as soon as the good days are over. They're our rivals. Of course we will.

2 hours ago, butt lane vale fan said:

Wouldn't it be nice to aim for at least an average of 10,000 every home game, rather than be happy because we have sold less Season Tickets than Wrexham in Non League have sold. They even took over 1000 for a midweek game to Maidstone.

Hope it does not take too long for a 10, 000 average gate, last achieved in the 1960s. A tough target, but no doubt a target when in the Championship.

12 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Josh Green with another absolute cracking video on Twitter.

One thing that strikes me from watching the videos of our goals is that for the first time in years we are scoring really good goals, goals that highlight talent. Not just headers from set pieces or scrambles that we have been served for a long time.

The sort of goals that i've been watching other good teams score...

Also pleasing to see Amoo back in the goals. Great to see that the cream of the previous crop that was retained, Conlon, Amoo, Gibbons, are part of the plan.

As long as we don't suffer too many injuries this is going to be a great season.

On 31/10/2021 at 15:26, NellyTheValiant said:

I think that their 1st 2 fans on RS last night one said that it was their 1st games in years, 2018 I think and one from London who'd seen 20 odd games since 2013 but he's Stoke through and through. He was almost crying............

Yes heard it, the guy from London had been many games over quite a number of years and never seen Sjoke win. He even went to a cup game against Crawley hoping to break his run of bad luck and Crawley won on penos. 

Just a thought, should we have a whip around on OVF and buy him a season ticket . 🤣

9 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Yes heard it, the guy from London had been many games over quite a number of years and never seen Sjoke win. He even went to a cup game against Crawley hoping to break his run of bad luck and Crawley won on penos. 

Just a thought, should we have a whip around on OVF and buy him a season ticket . 🤣

The superfan from London is in fact a bit of a myth. He put a list on twitter. He's actually been to 3 Stoke home games in a decade. The majority if not all of the others were away at the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Brentford. 

I needed a box of tissues on the way home from Crawley I was welling up . 

Superfan my **** as Jim Royle would say 

One thing that strikes me from watching the videos of our goals is that for the first time in years we are scoring really good goals, goals that highlight talent. Not just headers from set pieces or scrambles that we have been served for a long time.

I agree its nice to see us scoring good goals although I'm struggling to remember all these headers we used to score from set pieces.

15 hours ago, bomber said:

A lot of goals coming from bye line pull backs ! So good to see. 

Cutbacks result in some of the highest quality of chances of any type of assist (through ball, crosses from wide, long ball, corners) etc.

image.thumb.png.3c531bb42881bf9eabff117903d27b95.png

There's a clear purposeful motivation to get players into a position where they can utilise a cut-back; even in the first half against Crawley, Gibbo delivered 2-3 which could have been finished. Politic's goal vs Orient was a cutback. Amoo's forced OG on Saturday was a cutback. Wilson's goal v ColU was a pullback. Proctor's winner v Orient was a pullback. 

Show's how good the analytical stuff implemented by Flitters has been. We're focusing on purposeful creation of good-quality chances, and DC is training them every day in how to do so. If you watch Politic's goal v Orient, there's a clear plan in the movement of the players in the box awaiting a cutback, which results in Politic being in *the* perfect position to finish. They aren't just making it up. It's been drilled relentlessly till it's instinctive. Man City have done this for years under Pep. It's automatic. 

Just a great example of how DoF + Manager model works well; DoF leads analytics, informs Manager of what works best, Manager works on that on the training pitch, results seen on Saturday.

Archived