onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Crawley Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

4 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Someone on Sjokes forum has said they "wish DC was their manager, he'd sort them out"... brilliant

Having a quick glance on there it seems the main complaints they have are poor game management, inability to use subs bench or react to the opposition/game situation and average recruitment. Looks like they wished they had DC and ended up with Askey.

Advert

49 minutes ago, jeffers said:

Added to that James Wilson wrestles the ball off the keeper to get back to the centre circle and keep the momentum going. After Tom Pett’s goal he then rams the ball into the net for good measure, now up to Crawley to find their own momentum. Class.

There’s a good video knocking around of the Conlon free kick filmed from the stand, Wilson turns his oblivious marker just as Conlon hits it and sprints to the near post for a follow up rebound if the keeper managed to get a touch. He would have scored if the keeper did as no one tracked his run. Not a major deal but I was just impressed over another subtle example of how easy his movement and killer instinct is, not many forwards in this league can touch him for natural ability and intelligence on the pitch. 

Overall, a good, professional, performance that required a number of changes, and lots of patience and probing to find the key.

We could do with some centre mid's who will carry the ball and commit defenders.

Lloyd did well, and in so doing highlighted that we were missing Proctor's presence.

Reminiscent of Morecambe away last season. A game we lost 0-1.

Today, we won 4-1.

Therein lies the difference.

Good win in another difficult away game. Need consistency to carry on stretching away from the tight pack of good teams a few points below. 

But I see the Accrington game as a real measure of this team, provided we don't use it as a game for the players who never start. Accrington are 10th in League 1 and a perfect measure of whether we are at that sort of level and therefore are likely to sustain our promotion challenge and if successful this team would be likely to perform at that level in League 1.

9 hours ago, Conrad said:

Before COVID I went to every game home and away for 5 consecutive seasons, not been any away this season as I don’t fancy sitting on a coach for 5 or 6 hours with 50 other people. IMO some things are more important than a game of football 

No disrespect mate, but please stay away from the away games.😉  I know, like most of us who have endured many, many garbage performances over the years it takes a lot to continue to support the Team especially on away days. However these are the golden times now and this current squad and backroom set up is absolutely light years away from what we have become accustomed to. The actual football we are serving up at times is scintillating and now we have a squad that surely is far too good for Division 2.

During games that we become a little sloppy or carefree I am still very confident of us pulling out a result. When was the last time you could say that?

Carol/Kevin and her newly appointed managerial team ALL have worked wonders in turning Vale round from the Smurf Pantomime days. Respect is being achieved wherever we now play and suddenly we are feared again as a Club.

I am so, so proud to be a Valiant in these halcyon days. Long may it continue.

Conrad I sympathise with you and fully understand your predicament during these covid times but mate you are honestly missing out. Rest assured the rest of us long suffering travellers will do our utmost to cheer the lads on for you.👍

2 hours ago, Bald Eagle said:

Couple of good clips on Faceache of Tom’s free kick.  There would be hell up on here if Lucas hadn’t saved that one.  Nowhere near the corner.

Ryan Whitehouse has put excellent clips of all the goals on FB from behind the goal.

In fairness to the keeper Tom hits it pretty well and it seems to go between 2 players heads so it's hit with some pace.

Some good constructive comments about the first half. 

Would of been a very brave call from Clarke to sub one of ours after the sending off. I'm obviously talking with hindsight but I think we did the right approach. Go to half time 11 v 10 and re-assess then. 

If he'd made a sub and formation change so early we had 2 walking red cards particularly I felt Garrity, also potentially other subs needed for injuries. 

As frustrating as the first half was I think the right call was made and then it paid off .

Unusual to see no sub by them as soon as the red was brandished. But that's not our problem. 

Just got a sneaky feeling ( how many times did Crosby say we've a two week break ) that we might see 5 or 6 changes next Saturday in the cup 

Yes take it seriously but Bradford is the big game. Let's put on a good performance and go top. 

14 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Check the Oatcake if you fancy some gentle Sunday morning laughs. Absolute meltdown. One American getting dog's abuse for saying he can't 'root' for the team anymore. 

I was informed that one of them was having trouble with the word 'hierarchy' on P&G last night.

2 hours ago, Bald Eagle said:

Couple of good clips on Faceache of Tom’s free kick.  There would be hell up on here if Lucas hadn’t saved that one.  Nowhere near the corner.

I thought the same but watching in on the blink goal cam it’s actually a far better free kick than I thought.

Thankfully Trevor Kettle is useless and let him take it from where ever he wanted rather than where the foul took place.

Archived