onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Antoni Sarcevic moves to Stockport County

robf

2 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Wrexham have that sweet Hollywood money going for them in Ryan Reynolds and that other bloke from always sunny in Philadelphia. Still blows my mind this has happened. Don't get me wrong I love Carol and co for everything they have done but I wonder how Hugh Jackman feels about oatcakes, Pottery and cold Tuesday nights away to Stevenage? 

Give me Wrexham, Stockport, Chesterfield ahead of these soulless wannabee franchise clubs like Crawley and Salford. They belong in the dog n duck league 

Love mac, my favourite program is it’s always sunny so to say I’m slightly jealous of Wrexham is a a bit of an understatement 

Advert

Can anyone who makes these statements explain to me how clubs like Salford and Crawley are "franchise clubs"? What does that even mean? 

Should the league table be decided on attendance or how many years you have spent in a certain league? shall we get rid of relegation and promotion then? 
To me the only franchise club is Milton Keynes. Thier league place was obtained by moving Wimbledon from their London home, not by progressing through the sporting system. Thus robbing Wimbledon of their football club. A system which is now banned by the FL.

14 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

So you mean me then ? Simply enough. A franchise meaning is when a person or collective group invest in a club or sports team hoping to land a franchise player/players and work their way up the ladder using the money method. Take MK Don's for example they don't belong in the league in my personal opinion. 

I never once mentioned the league table nor how teams got promoted or relegated. But how i prefer the teams of Stockport Wrexham , Bury etc. In the similar league rather then the soulless club like Salford who bring less than a 100 on an away day. But come on they are tinpot clubs with money where teams like Bury have suffered. 

But I also understand this is modern day and how football works nowadays. Its a business 

My point being these teams a few years back had a cracking following and great away days as a vale fan. Call me nostalgic but that's just my opinion 🤷 

MK Dons are the only team that could be called a franchise club or you don't know what the word franchise means. 

Football clubs have been buying the best players to win games since Fergus Suter and Jimmy Love moved from Partick to Darwen to win the league in the 19th Century. I don't know why this seems like a new concept to you. 

1 hour ago, WV said:

MK Dons are the only team that could be called a franchise club or you don't know what the word franchise means. 

Football clubs have been buying the best players to win games since Fergus Suter and Jimmy Love moved from Partick to Darwen to win the league in the 19th Century. I don't know why this seems like a new concept to you. 

Where did I say this was new for me? You've completely missed my point where I said i miss the old league football days with the teams who used to be in it. I know how football works. Back ten years ago you wouldn't get the Salford, forest green and whoever else at the time spending cash as it was mainly top tier football league who did this.

As for the franchise while not the right term perhaps in football, in American sports for instant the LA Rams. Traded their QB and brought in the best in the league with players like Odell Beckham Jr. They can be considered as a franchise team or even in Boxing they currently have Canelo the franchise fighter because that's where the money is in America right now ans he's the biggest draw outside of Fury. 

Again this is just me saying I prefer going to this said grounds instead galloping to soulless stadiums as mentioned. Just a bit of nostalgic and a tongue in cheek moan post from me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/03/2022 at 12:08, boslemportvale91 said:

Where did I say this was new for me? You've completely missed my point where I said i miss the old league football days with the teams who used to be in it. I know how football works. Back ten years ago you wouldn't get the Salford, forest green and whoever else at the time spending cash as it was mainly top tier football league who did this.

As for the franchise while not the right term perhaps in football, in American sports for instant the LA Rams. Traded their QB and brought in the best in the league with players like Odell Beckham Jr. They can be considered as a franchise team or even in Boxing they currently have Canelo the franchise fighter because that's where the money is in America right now ans he's the biggest draw outside of Fury. 

Again this is just me saying I prefer going to this said grounds instead galloping to soulless stadiums as mentioned. Just a bit of nostalgic and a tongue in cheek moan post from me. 

The US use a franchise system, clubs can be moved around the country by their owners unlike in England , where they are part of the community and they can only move a short distance. 

9 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

I see Harry Arter who was playing for Bournemouth on the EPL a couple of seasons ago then moved to Forest for £5m, is now playing for Notts County.

Only 32 but played very little over the past 3 seasons. His wiki page is an interesting read. 
Given the money laid out by teams such as Stockport and Wrexham it shows you how important it is to get out of this league as their plans will include a very short stay in it. 

Archived