onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tactics, formation, tactics

Bimbleabout

Advert

10 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I think you are missing my point. If Gibbo had been out of contract he would have been released along with all the other out of contract players. Of course we would have signed a better replacement.

Clarke transfer listed 3 players still in contract. So clearly being under contract would have been no barrier to Clarke if he didn’t want to keep a player. Why would he keep an injured player if he didn’t believe in him?

You need to do your research before you try and start winding things up, you’re making yourself continually look stupid every time you post. 

The easiest way to derail a positive mood around the club is to dive into the tiniest detail to try and cause argument over hypotheticals.

Everyone is allowed their opinion… let’s not keep adding fuel to the fire of those that are built on what seems like a vendetta. 

UTV 

11 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I think you are missing my point. If Gibbo had been out of contract he would have been released along with all the other out of contract players. Of course we would have signed a better replacement.

No he wouldn’t…. He released most of the players out of contract because they were <ovf censored>. Look at them now and look at our replacements. It’s not even an argument any more RZ it’s just complete and utter nonsense. He transfer listed players in contract that he didn’t want, he quite clearly rates gibbons. 

I don’t think you understand football / still holding a grudge for some strange reason. It’s about building a better squad, there isn’t one argument you could have to go against the changes made. Gibbo is up there with the best in his position in this league, I think a manager / recruitment team with Clarke / flitcrofts experience can see that we didn’t need to replace him and instead needed to focus on replacement the dead wood. 

Ive seen you have mentioned cullen. Cullen was always a decent player but he’s so injury prone, you can’t keep a player like that around, out of interest how many games has he played this season? I imagine It isn’t many. mckirdy was appalling for us, you can’t deny that. Nobody in their right mind would have kept him. He’s not a bad player but his attitude stinks and I imagine it won’t be long be he’s out of the Swindon side. 

How are Joyce, whitehead, brisley, Guthrie, brown ect……. All doing? 

3 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I think you will find he released all the players out of contract, hence my opinion that he would have released Gibbo if he had been out of contract. I make no secret of the fact that I don't rate Clarke as a manager. I think he did a lot of unnecessary things just to prove a point. 

2nd

21 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I think you will find he released all the players out of contract, hence my opinion that he would have released Gibbo if he had been out of contract. I make no secret of the fact that I don't rate Clarke as a manager. I think he did a lot of unnecessary things just to prove a point. 

Don’t rate a manager that has taken us  to 2nd in the league but rate John askey.

He did what needed doing. The squad was past it, brown and Joyce were decent players but are past it, you can’t honestly think that we are in a worse position with worse players than last season.

There is not a chance gibbo would have been released, the same if Conlon or smith were out of contract as well. Was hurst not out contract? And legge? They’re both still at the club? Maybe Clarke judges it on the ability of the player like a football manager should. The majority of people on here wanted a mass clear out; we got one and look at us now. 

We got rid of dead wood that nearly took us into non league and have signed players that are on the way to taking us to league 1. You literally have no point what so ever. 

I think Gibbons, Smith and Conlon are good players additionally in part their value to Clarke is that they’re local. In these days of short term contracts and players and staff moving on frequently it’s difficult to build a team identity which is a very important aspect of success. Local lads give you more bang for your buck in that regard and I think Clarke has been keen to big up thr local lads even more than others. Whether he’d be clamouring to take them with him when he moves on is a different matter. Given that he decided on balance that Pope’s time was up, it was /is even more important to get that effect from elsewhere.

55 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Don’t rate a manager that has taken us  to 2nd in the league but rate John askey.

He did what needed doing. The squad was past it, brown and Joyce were decent players but are past it, you can’t honestly think that we are in a worse position with worse players than last season.

There is not a chance gibbo would have been released, the same if Conlon or smith were out of contract as well. Was hurst not out contract? And legge? They’re both still at the club? Maybe Clarke judges it on the ability of the player like a football manager should. The majority of people on here wanted a mass clear out; we got one and look at us now. 

We got rid of dead wood that nearly took us into non league and have signed players that are on the way to taking us to league 1. You literally have no point what so ever. 

Legge and Hurst were still in contract I think. Read the article on OVF or the official Port Vale site retained list. 

Archived