Tactics, formation, tactics

Bimbleabout

We have played 5 of the 6 on this chart that are not us.

It shows the teams who have conceded the least in the league.

We are second.

But but but… DC is a meanie.

And and and… sometimes… he he he makes too many changes for my liking. 

😂

54CB2A85-E0EA-4F8E-B0F6-9E9A2CFC487D.jpeg

Edited by Iron Curtain

24 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I have to wonder what decision DC would have made about Gibbos future if he had been out of contract at the end of last season. 

Believe he described him as one of the players who embodied the mentality he wanted to build at the club, alongside Smith and Conlon, in his infamous 'can't wait to shift the deadwood' interview.

We'll never know, but for him to speak so highly of a 23 year old he hadn't seen play speaks volumes about his character, and DC puts a great deal of important on that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Believe he described him as one of the players who embodied the mentality he wanted to build at the club, alongside Smith and Conlon, in his infamous 'can't wait to shift the deadwood' interview.

We'll never know, but for him to speak so highly of a 23 year old he hadn't seen play speaks volumes about his character, and DC puts a great deal of important on that.

Didn’t he also do the right thing with the contracted players he didn’t want and make it clear they wouldn't play for him again? Therefore giving them the best chance possible of finding a longer term career in football?

He had that option with Gibbo. Says everything that he kept him as part of the squad.

Feels like someone is desperate to disrupt the good vibes around the place any way possible.

😂😂😂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Didn’t he also do the right thing with the contracted players he didn’t want and make it clear they wouldn't play for him again? Therefore giving them the best chance possible of finding a longer term career in football?

He had that option with Gibbo. Says everything that he kept him as part of the squad.

Feels like someone is desperate to disrupt the good vibes around the place any way possible.

😂😂😂

There's always a desperado on here! 

13 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I think you are missing my point. If Gibbo had been out of contract he would have been released along with all the other out of contract players. Of course we would have signed a better replacement.

I think the fact that not a single player we released is playing regularly at a similar level to Vale suggests that they were released because they weren't good enough, not solely because they happened to be out of contract.

Gibbons may have been retained if his deal was up, because he's quite good, unlike the released lads. It's all conjecture, regardless.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I think the fact that not a single player we released is playing regularly at a similar level to Vale suggests that they were released because they weren't good enough, not solely because they happened to be out of contract.

Gibbons may have been retained if his deal was up, because he's quite good, unlike the released lads. It's all conjecture, regardless.

Cullen seems to be doing ok in league 2. 

9 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Cullen seems to be doing ok in league 2. 

Played 5/14 games (2.1 90s/14), shockingly due to injuries, the same reason he was released from us. 2 games out of 14 is not regularly playing.

Try again.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

3 goals...

I said playing regularly. He isn't. He's featured in 15.5% of their league minutes this season. Not a single player we released is playing regularly at a similar level to us. 

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I think you are missing my point. If Gibbo had been out of contract he would have been released along with all the other out of contract players. Of course we would have signed a better replacement.

Clarke transfer listed 3 players still in contract. So clearly being under contract would have been no barrier to Clarke if he didn’t want to keep a player. Why would he keep an injured player if he didn’t believe in him?

You need to do your research before you try and start winding things up, you’re making yourself continually look stupid every time you post. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 2

The easiest way to derail a positive mood around the club is to dive into the tiniest detail to try and cause argument over hypotheticals.

Everyone is allowed their opinion… let’s not keep adding fuel to the fire of those that are built on what seems like a vendetta. 

UTV 

• Like 1