onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tactics, formation, tactics

Bimbleabout

Cullen was /is an excellent poacher and finisher. Sadly his injuries meant he was discarded . I'm not googling it but I believe last week at Bradford was his full debut having been a bit part player and injured. He also scored 2 opening day against Crawley I remember and that was his lot. 

Mckirdy is clearly talented but an enigma and erratic behaviour. We tried, it didn't work. No issues with him doing well for Swindon. Both Askey and Clarke couldn't get a tune out of him. 

Conlon, Smith and Gibbons would all of been transfer listed with Whitehead, Theo and Burgess if Clarke didn't want them . Fact. 

I don't even know why I'm responding again. I need to just laugh and crack on .

Other than win every game or be where FGR are I don't know what else Clarke can do. There is absolutely no logic or even debate in the posts. 

Pure black and white, excuse the pun. Clarke is a terrible manager and Fitzpatrick, Cullen, et al were treated disgracefully. That is basically the ongoing argument and has been for months. 

Well I'm sorry to disappoint you RZ but I'll be going to Crawley tomorrow to see a rookie squad thrown together 14/15 games in who sit 2nd in the league and I'm loving it.

I'm upset for you that we aren't just above Scunthorpe so that you could say what you are dying to say 

I TOLD YOU SO 

Advert

4 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Legge and Hurst were still in contract I think. Read the article on OVF or the official Port Vale site retained list. 

Hurst wasn't on the retained list because Clarke extended his contract 2 months after he joined us.

"Speaking on the announcement, Port Vale Manager Darrell Clarke said: “We are delighted to see Alex commit his future to the club after a breakthrough season. We are very much looking forward to seeing Hursty continue his development.”"

18 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Legge and Hurst were still in contract I think. Read the article on OVF or the official Port Vale site retained list. 

They weren’t. Clarke extended hursts contract. 

Legge had a clause in his that if he played so many games he got an extension. Askey didn’t pick him on this basis, Clarke came in and picked him so clearly wanted him around as well. 

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

They weren’t. Clarke extended hursts contract. 

Legge had a clause in his that if he played so many games he got an extension. Askey didn’t pick him on this basis, Clarke came in and picked him so clearly wanted him around as well. 

Exactly this. Clarke almost risked the wrath of the owners by selecting Legge because of the clause. Clarke basically said if he wants to pick him he will. And he did. 

Your post won't matter one iota though to RZ . 

3 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I think you will find he released all the players out of contract, hence my opinion that he would have released Gibbo if he had been out of contract. I make no secret of the fact that I don't rate Clarke as a manager. I think he did a lot of unnecessary things just to prove a point. 

Making up scenarios that havent happened to have a dig at our very good manager. Get a grip

2 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Hurst was out of contract but was offered a new contract  before the season ended, by Clarke / Flitcoft. Sorry to squash your conspiracy theories about Clarke. There is not a cat in hells chance that Gibbo would have been released. He stated at the end of last season that he wanted to build a team around players like Gibbo, Smith and Conlon.     

Of the players released that are still playing. McKirdy had talent but his temperament and disruptive influence is plain to see. He has already had one spat at Swindon where he was left out of the squad for a few games. He will play up again as he has done at every club he has been at and he would never fit in to our vision of players being united as a squad. Cullen again could never stay fit long enough to have a run of games and you cannot keep players like that on good money in the squad. Again he has only played a handful of games and how long before he breaks down again. 

22 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

You want Rob to ban me because I have a different opinion and am not always 100% correct?  That sounds very 21st Century.

I agree you shouldn't be banned. If everyone put you on their ignore list then you could happily post whatever rubbish you want, at least no one would see it.

I agree you shouldn't be banned. If everyone put you on their ignore list then you could happily post whatever rubbish you want, at least no one would see it.
If only that were true. Unfortunately, you can still see posts from ignored posters whenever they're quoted. Been like that for years so it mustn't be an easy fix for Rob!

25 minutes ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, mbycars said:

If only that were true. Unfortunately, you can still see posts from ignored posters whenever they're quoted. Been like that for years so it mustn't be an easy fix for Rob!

I see it on a lot of other forums where it just completely blocks out their jibberish

48 minutes ago, philmpv said:
2 hours ago, mbycars said:

If everyone put him on the ignore list then there wouldn't be any quotes to see.

Archived