onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tactics, formation, tactics

Bimbleabout

Advert

50 minutes ago, 1 said:

Losing Politic would be a big hit, but I’m not too worried right now about that. I think it’s more a case of DC convincing them of the plan for the season rather than them needing him back to play for Bolton. Surely he’s just getting into the swing of things here to have a long run in the team? I know DC likes to rotate but Politic wouldn’t be one to move around too much.

Regarding the formation, my only criticisms have been the same as ever. I don’t like Worrall as a RWB, but that seems to be being phased out, sometimes we lack width and we give teams too much respect. I’m not saying just go gung-ho against every team, but we should make them worry about us with an attacking formation every week with the players we have, then be ready to change it up if needs be.

433 / 343 have been the formations we seems to get the most out of and play the best football.

I think Worrall is still at RWB, he's just getting better at it. He was unsure about his positioning earlier in the season and overcompensated by dropping too deep.

I think with the emergence of Cass + Worrall acclimatising to his role, things have got a lot better. He stays nice and wide, and we keep the ball well enough to allow him to get into a good position. He may not be as impactful as an individual this season, but this is good; we were far too reliant on him as a sole creator. Everything had to go through him. If he had an off-day, we were stuffed. He is a key cog in a much better team, as opposed to carrying the creativity, which were shown by the ludicrous creativity stats he had on par with De Bruyne and Fernandes. Whilst he's superb for League 2 level, a lot of that was pure volume; no one else was doing any creating for us.

Contrary to popular belief, I honestly think the system we play has been the biggest factor in the excellent run of form we're on (10 games, 7 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses). It took 4 games to settle but we don't concede many good chances at all, and our attacking players are beginning to find their rhythm. I think the wing-backs are beginning to excel and the three CB system really suits both Jones and Cass, who have become key players. It also means we can get more players up from and central, whether that be a front 2 of Proctor and Wilson, or wide forwards like Rodney and Politic.

24 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I have to wonder what decision DC would have made about Gibbos future if he had been out of contract at the end of last season. 

Believe he described him as one of the players who embodied the mentality he wanted to build at the club, alongside Smith and Conlon, in his infamous 'can't wait to shift the deadwood' interview.

We'll never know, but for him to speak so highly of a 23 year old he hadn't seen play speaks volumes about his character, and DC puts a great deal of important on that.

6 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Believe he described him as one of the players who embodied the mentality he wanted to build at the club, alongside Smith and Conlon, in his infamous 'can't wait to shift the deadwood' interview.

We'll never know, but for him to speak so highly of a 23 year old he hadn't seen play speaks volumes about his character, and DC puts a great deal of important on that.

Didn’t he also do the right thing with the contracted players he didn’t want and make it clear they wouldn't play for him again? Therefore giving them the best chance possible of finding a longer term career in football?

He had that option with Gibbo. Says everything that he kept him as part of the squad.

Feels like someone is desperate to disrupt the good vibes around the place any way possible.

😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Didn’t he also do the right thing with the contracted players he didn’t want and make it clear they wouldn't play for him again? Therefore giving them the best chance possible of finding a longer term career in football?

He had that option with Gibbo. Says everything that he kept him as part of the squad.

Feels like someone is desperate to disrupt the good vibes around the place any way possible.

😂😂😂

There's always a desperado on here! 

13 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I think you are missing my point. If Gibbo had been out of contract he would have been released along with all the other out of contract players. Of course we would have signed a better replacement.

I think the fact that not a single player we released is playing regularly at a similar level to Vale suggests that they were released because they weren't good enough, not solely because they happened to be out of contract.

Gibbons may have been retained if his deal was up, because he's quite good, unlike the released lads. It's all conjecture, regardless.

5 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I think the fact that not a single player we released is playing regularly at a similar level to Vale suggests that they were released because they weren't good enough, not solely because they happened to be out of contract.

Gibbons may have been retained if his deal was up, because he's quite good, unlike the released lads. It's all conjecture, regardless.

Cullen seems to be doing ok in league 2. 

9 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Cullen seems to be doing ok in league 2. 

Played 5/14 games (2.1 90s/14), shockingly due to injuries, the same reason he was released from us. 2 games out of 14 is not regularly playing.

Try again.

Archived