onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Colchester United

Fosse69

Great three points, yet again. I’m really starting to believe this side can genuinely challenge for automatic promotion. 

Not one player yesterday had a bad game - everyone was at least 7/10, which is a real pleasing sign. For me, Gibbons was MOTM. What a 90 minutes that lad had. Wilson wasn’t far behind, what a signing this lad could turn out to be - he’s technically levels above anything we’ve seen in years. 

7 points out of 9 in a week is a fantastic return. The point at Mansfield is a great point now when you consider how disappointing we were - that’s a sign of a real good football team. 

Long may it continue, it’s a real joy to be a part of currently. 

Advert

5 hours ago, MBE said:

Wow what performance yesterday!! We played really good football and deliberatly not played the ball in box without Proctor in the middle.

I watched with immense pride our 3 local lads -  Wilson,Gibbo & Conlon who each destroyed Colchester. I thought those 3 where outstanding. I'd go as far to say Gibbo was 10 out of 10.

I really love our manager  - I think he's going to be a legend at our club.

Yes, it was great to see those local lads - and we have Ellis Jones and Eden Baily to come. What a day when Eden makes his league debut, especially as his grandad played for us all those years ago.

Yesterday we were so much better than them in every position. In recent seasons, we would have battled and scrapped through a game like that and it would have ended 0 0 or have been decided by a single goal, one way or the other. 

The quality we have now all over the pitch is clear to see and, so long as DC keeps them focused and their attitudes right, the wins will keep coming. 

Full focus on Creepy Crawley away now! UTV! 

Nobody’s mentioned how good the third goal was and would say the Vale coach would be pleased with it. Straight off the training pitch, Wilson near post then as corner taken spins off and takes defender with him leaving a big gap for someone( Martin) to run in and flick the ball over, if it hadn’t gone in the net Wilson was there for a tap in. Well worked routine
Watching little Gibbo blocking off their big defenders made me laugh this morning. Definitely straight off the training ground

9 hours ago, jeffers said:

Let the fans celebrate a great performance and result but I bet DC will touch on the “ifs” and “maybes” behind closed doors. We are where we are because we are becoming a thoroughly professional football club.

Agree! And the professionalism comes from the very top - Carol and Kevin! Those delusionals on here who suggested Carol had had her head turned by a chancer, and been overly-impressed by techno-babble and a snake oil salesman really ought to be coming on here and issuing grovelling apologies for doubting her knowledge, experience and integrity!

7 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Hannant got murdered yesterday too; they seemed to have him at right wing back type of role and he had to deal with Politic and Gibbo all the time, really strange as he was decent as a winger for us but seemed much further back.

I thought they played 4-4-2 but he never really got forward or back to influence the game. He was just there, looking like he had no desire to put the same amount of workrate  in that politic and gibbo did. 

On 24/10/2021 at 14:50, knapperm said:

Nobody’s mentioned how good the third goal was and would say the Vale coach would be pleased with it. Straight off the training pitch, Wilson near post then as corner taken spins off and takes defender with him leaving a big gap for someone( Martin) to run in and flick the ball over, if it hadn’t gone in the net Wilson was there for a tap in. Well worked routine

I re-watched the highlights a couple of times and you could see exactly how it was rehearsed. Watch Gibbo closely, Martin is behind him but Gibbo is watching his owner marker as well as Martins..........as the ball is played, Gibbo runs straight into both markers to block them following Martin running on the outside of him............shithousery of the highest quality.....@Joe B will be very, very impressed.

I re-watched the highlights a couple of times and you could see exactly how it was rehearsed. Watch Gibbo closely, Martin is behind him but Gibbo is watching his owner marker as well as Martins..........as the ball is played, Gibbo runs straight into both markers to block them following Martin running on the outside of him............shithousery of the highest quality.....@Joe B will be very, very impressed.
Just seen that. Really clever that and would never be given as a foul. I love to see the fact that we have different plans and actually work on things on the training ground.

Archived