onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Colchester United

Fosse69

35 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I thought that Daniels showed his class at times, his left foot was sublime.

Hannant did nothing for them, he didn’t offer any help to their right back and seemed to offer no energy  going the other way either, Gibbo and Politic just overran them on that side of the pitch. 

Didn't hear the line ups due to Norman Collier still on the Bycars speakers but because of his different hairstyle I didn't click in until the second half that it was Hannant. He was terrible and a shadow of the player he became at Cambridge. 

You are right about Daniels too. Age obviously against him but did a good job against Worrall and his left peg is a wand 

Advert

I'd absolutely love it if we could sign Politic.
He's a talented maverick. The fans seems to have taken to him already.
I was a little concerned we didn't have that 'special' player at the start of the season, someone that can turn a game with individual brilliance, like JMW used to do in our promotion season.
But he just looks a bit "too good" for L2 sometimes and looks like that player!

You're spot on there as regards the fans. Heard his own song being concocted yesterday. I do find it weird though how some players, however short a time they've been here, get their own songs but other less glamorous players who are playing as well or better than the players with songs don't get one! First time I've heard a Tom Conlon one yesterday though embarrassingly it's just 'Super Dave' with the name changed. Pett deserves a song, as do Wilson and Jones. Probably Cov as well. Would love us to go back to the days when every player had their own song and they were sung, religiously, in order before the start of every match, to which the players responded

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

I'd absolutely love it if we could sign Politic.

He's a talented maverick. The fans seems to have taken to him already.

I was a little concerned we didn't have that 'special' player at the start of the season, someone that can turn a game with individual brilliance, like JMW used to do in our promotion season.

But he just looks a bit "too good" for L2 sometimes and looks like that player!

He is the kind of player you need if you are going into league one as is Cass who i also think would stand out at that level.

We have built a group of players where most imo are capable of playing in league One,so fantastic recruitment there and it will mean no mass clear out in the summer this time.You only have to look how strong our bench is compared to when we had Ryan Lloyd,Whitehead,Mills etc

Onwards and Upwards and feeling superb

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

Apparently Sarcevic had a big fall out with Evatt according to some Bolton fans.  No idea how true this is but either way I’d guess he won’t be on less money at Stockport than he was at Bolton.

There was some mention of another, unnamed, player also leaving Trotters.

After what he said about Politic not signing his deal i can see a fall out there as well,would cost a fee i think and others might want him but i do know he really likes it here

5 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

After what he said about Politic not signing his deal i can see a fall out there as well,would cost a fee i think and others might want him but i do know he really likes it here

You only have to see his body language when he or any other colleague scores, he leaves the pitch or at the end celebrating. He most definitely is one we need if we are to be promoted. Only hope the powers that be are working overtime in cajoling him to stay here.

That Gibbons goal looked tremendous from the inside of the goal camera .
The match highlights showed two very presentable chances to Colchester which a better side would have taken but even if they did it would have still being 3-2 .
That's 3 home goals in 3 consecutive matches though and the quality of the goals has not being unnoticed .
We have players who can score from anywhere and that can only be a good thing .
2nd in the league in majority of years supporting the Vale it's so long since we have being this high and I hope every player is absolutely loving it as I am sure every fan is,we are still gelling thats the positive on the pitch but no matter what 11 are chosen they are doing themselves proud and the club .
Bring on the next home games is it Accrington in Cup?then Bradford then Walsall lets hope we have a chance of hitting the top spot v Bradford all depends on Forest Greens result next sat if we can put one of our excellent away day displays in v Crawley and win because if Forest Green lose we can hit the top if we beat Crawley and Bradford in our early kick off
UTV

14 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

That Gibbons goal looked tremendous from the inside of the goal camera .
The match highlights showed two very presentable chances to Colchester which a better side would have taken but even if they did it would have still being 3-2 .
That's 3 home goals in 3 consecutive matches though and the quality of the goals has not being unnoticed .
We have players who can score from anywhere and that can only be a good thing .
2nd in the league in majority of years supporting the Vale it's so long since we have being this high and I hope every player is absolutely loving it as I am sure every fan is,we are still gelling thats the positive on the pitch but no matter what 11 are chosen they are doing themselves proud and the club .
Bring on the next home games is it Accrington in Cup?then Bradford then Walsall lets hope we have a chance of hitting the top spot v Bradford all depends on Forest Greens result next sat if we can put one of our excellent away day displays in v Crawley and win because if Forest Green lose we can hit the top if we beat Crawley and Bradford in our early kick off
UTV

Forest green ironically are at Bradford next Saturday, so tricky game but saying that so is Crawley.

Colchester did have a couple of great chances , we also had about 4 or 5 close shaves. Amoo and Cass had good chances and finally the Jones throw in caused bedlam and we nearly scored a couple one which the keeper totally misjudged. 

Forest green ironically are at Bradford next Saturday, so tricky game but saying that so is Crawley.
Colchester did have a couple of great chances , we also had about 4 or 5 close shaves. Amoo and Cass had good chances and finally the Jones throw in caused bedlam and we nearly scored a couple one which the keeper totally misjudged. 
Yes just watched the extended highlights on my Port Vale ifollow account Amoo and Cass have missed very good chances there they should have hit the target but didn't matter as such so yes we should have 5 minimum and Politic has had two 2 excellent efforts at goal also .
Glad me lad enjoyed it yesterday he had my season ticket ,bring on the next few games at home very excited about where DC is hopefully taking us .
UTV

I’ve seen enough Back to the Future films to come to the conclusion that it always gets me when people say “they had 2 chances so should have had 2 goals”. Reality is that IF they had scored the first one then the game would have panned out differently and that second chance wouldnt have happened anyway.  They would have changed the course of time and events had they scored the first one. 😀

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

He is the kind of player you need if you are going into league one as is Cass who i also think would stand out at that level.

We have built a group of players where most imo are capable of playing in league One,so fantastic recruitment there and it will mean no mass clear out in the summer this time.You only have to look how strong our bench is compared to when we had Ryan Lloyd,Whitehead,Mills etc

Onwards and Upwards and feeling superb

100% agree with you. With the players on the bench and not even in the side, we are still competitive. I would imagine Taylor would have been one of the first names to start in previous seasons. This is very exciting.

Nobody’s mentioned how good the third goal was and would say the Vale coach would be pleased with it. Straight off the training pitch, Wilson near post then as corner taken spins off and takes defender with him leaving a big gap for someone( Martin) to run in and flick the ball over, if it hadn’t gone in the net Wilson was there for a tap in. Well worked routine

7 minutes ago, knapperm said:

Nobody’s mentioned how good the third goal was and would say the Vale coach would be pleased with it. Straight off the training pitch, Wilson near post then as corner taken spins off and takes defender with him leaving a big gap for someone( Martin) to run in and flick the ball over, if it hadn’t gone in the net Wilson was there for a tap in. Well worked routine

Yes, didn't see it first time but watching it again it's definitely rehearsed with Wilson going from one post to another to catch the flick on. Except he didn't need to 😀.

Archived