onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Colchester United

Fosse69

2 hours ago, SFBT said:

Wilson is the new incarnation of Ron Futcher, who, for me, represented the beginnings of the upturn in quality in the early Rudge era.

I love it when he drops deep and joins the midfield.

The major difference being that Futcher was coming to the end of his career.

Wilson is still establishing himself.

Let's hope James doesn't headbutt any Bristol Rovers players in December 😂

Advert

1 hour ago, Biddulph_PV said:

It’s Half Term week so I missed the game as away with the kids, as I’m sure a few others did. Plus don’t forget that Barrow bought 300+ extra.

Yes, we are in “sunny” Lake District with the family ️🌧🌧🌦

It’s Half Term week so I missed the game as away with the kids, as I’m sure a few others did. Plus don’t forget that Barrow bought 300+ extra.

Yeah I missed it too on holiday in Malta. Had to rely on the BBC text commentary. Even on that it sounded exciting.

We've still managed > 5000 home fans at all our Saturday games this season which is good going compared to previous years.

Tranmere 6986 (1324)

Carlisle 4943 (284)

Rochdale 6113 (486)

Harrogate 5435 (123)

Orient 5667 (317)

Barrow 5951 (407)

Colchester 5423 (176)

It feels like we're getting a good number of younger fans to come as well.

20 minutes ago, Santa said:

We've still managed > 5000 home fans at all our Saturday games this season which is good going compared to previous years.

Tranmere 6986 (1324)

Carlisle 4943 (284)

Rochdale 6113 (486)

Harrogate 5435 (123)

Orient 5667 (317)

Barrow 5951 (407)

Colchester 5423 (176)

It feels like we're getting a good number of younger fans to come as well.

Yes it's clear each week that many more youngsters are attending home and away matches  with and without parents. Another testimony to Carol & Kevin's rebuilding of our great club. Get the young uns in now and they will become regulars throughout their lives, especially as they experience a better life in Vales resurgence. 

15 hours ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Nah, he isn't. Bowers is a decent interviewer. Dc is a James Blunt. Hopefully a James Blunt who gets us promoted. 

The trouble with Phil is that he asks the same questions every week and DC seems to have had enough.I don't know how many times DC has to say that his team takes each game as it comes and it's always the next game that counts.It gets a bit boring at times Phil,please find some different and more interesting questions.

14 hours ago, Valiant62 said:

I must admit, as good as we were and credit for our high press, if I was a Colchester fan, I’d be livid at the frequency their defenders just passed it to us, suicidal stuff.

It's what all of these young "modern" coaches tend to do nowadays. It's become a bit of a fashion. 

It works for Guardiola because he can spend £400m on a defence full of internationals. 

But in L2 I find 'playing out from the back' crazy! Sometimes you can do it, but sometimes you need to just "whack it". We harassed and pressured them to death.

I'd absolutely love it if we could sign Politic.

He's a talented maverick. The fans seems to have taken to him already.

I was a little concerned we didn't have that 'special' player at the start of the season, someone that can turn a game with individual brilliance, like JMW used to do in our promotion season.

But he just looks a bit "too good" for L2 sometimes and looks like that player!

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

Their defence looked rubbish because they had a flat back 4 and all 4 of them are old. 

With what ended up as a 343 from us, when we established possession you ended up with:

Chambers Eastman Smith Daniels (all over 30)

vs

Gibbons Politic Wilson Rodney Worrall

They never had a prayer. Our left was rampant first half as they couldn't decide whether to mark Gibbons or Politic. A few times, Hannant was having to track back to cover Gibbons when the fullback was taken up by Politic.

We had a very quick and mobile front 5 in possession up against 4 decrepit old men. The fact Mullins did so little to change it is concerning from a ColU perspective.

I thought that Daniels showed his class at times, his left foot was sublime.

Hannant did nothing for them, he didn’t offer any help to their right back and seemed to offer no energy  going the other way either, Gibbo and Politic just overran them on that side of the pitch. 

2 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Yes I saw that re Sarcevic, absolutely bonkers. So why would you swap L1 football with a big, well-supported club for non-league?? They must have thrown some serious coin at him.

Apparently Sarcevic had a big fall out with Evatt according to some Bolton fans.  No idea how true this is but either way I’d guess he won’t be on less money at Stockport than he was at Bolton.

There was some mention of another, unnamed, player also leaving Trotters.

The trouble with Phil is that he asks the same questions every week and DC seems to have had enough.I don't know how many times DC has to say that his team takes each game as it comes and it's always the next game that counts.It gets a bit boring at times Phil,please find some different and more interesting questions.

You have hit the nail on the head here

Clarke doesn’t suffer fools does he and I think Phil needs to change it up a bit

Put the onus on Clarke to tell him what he liked and disliked about the performance not just stating facts of what happened and asking him his opinion on it

Maybe Ask him about kicking towards the bycars first half is it a new tactic ????

He does seem very difficult to interview but also his commitment and passion is there for everyone to see

He’s a modern day mickey Adam’s for me

When we get promoted he will most definitely be down burslem with the fans

Archived