onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Colchester United

Fosse69

Advert

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

An all round professional performance in my book, I thought on another day Colchester could have scored a couple, but overall we dominated, Conlon MOM in my opinion. 

Yeah Darrell won’t be happy with the two free headers they thankfully spooned. Cov got us out of jail at 2-0 too after Smith was caught around the halfway line. 

If I have one criticism this season it’s that we tend to dwell on it a touch too long on the break, giving them time to get back into shape, and then end up having to play it long back to the keeper. When you lose the momentum in phases of play like that you give the opposition an open door to get back into games. Teams who want top 3 are a bit more unrelenting. 

Great football going forward today. For the first 30 minutes we hardly let them have the ball. We kept possession so well and the front three worked very well together. Politic was awesome

Gibbo was caught offside twice which shows how attacking he was. Deserved his goal. We are definitely a better side with him in the team.

DC certainly went for it with the attacking formation. There was several times when they had men over up front but they were woeful.

Great depth of squad demonstrated today. The bench was very strong. Special mention to Taylor who looked a differnet class when he came on.

1 minute ago, onestepatatime said:

Politic has refreshingly brought a massive difference to our game. His excellent hard hitting shots, from everywhere and all angles is exactly what we have all been crying out for. Once he is fully fit we have a real winner on our squad.

I genuinely think we might have a chance of getting him. 

Was astonished earlier to see that Sarcevic has left Bolton and joined Stockport. Now I know Stockport are rolling in cash but a cheeky offer might tempt them to sell. I'm sure Sarcevic was one of Bolton's main men. Let's start with a 10 grand offer 🤔

Good win today to make it a good week for us. Great to be up in 2nd place & you could argue we're even a few points shy & could be top of the tree.

Rochdale we should've been out of sight, Sutton we threw away 3 points & then a point. Carlisle & Tranmere at home could've easily won either one of those as well. Only game we've been fortunate was Mansfield in the week.

Will certainly take our current position though having also beaten lots of the teams around us. On to Crawley we go!

Agree about DC in interviews, he gets asked the same dross every week. There's only so many times he can say he's not looking ahead of the next game. Bowers needs to mix it up, it annoys me never mind DC.

Some really impressive performances today across the whole team. What I am liking is not being wholly dependent on one or two players and the depth of the squad. Players on the bench today with others ahead on merit; many would have had Benning, Martin and Walker as first choice when we signed them. Good players I am sure we will see more of. Politic looks dangerous and game changing, Wilson’s control is class at this level, Gibbo superb today, good handling and a couple of good saves from Covolan, Pett just goes about his job almost unnoticed, Conlon great quality and bite, all played well today. There are more bumps on the road to come but lots to be happy about and optimistic. UTV 

1 minute ago, osprey said:

We seem to kick towards the Bycars a lot in the first half this season - goes against tradition 

Seems to be working, doesn't it. We've figured out that there's more second half noise at the south end of the Railway than Bycars.

26 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I noticed a certain Theo Larayan Ronaldo Shadiki Robinson ( yes that's his full name according to Wikipedia 😂) scored a screamer for Bradford today.

I'll start praying that he's in the starting X1 in two weeks time ! 

It was a beauty. He never scored goals like this for us as I remember. Just one of those that wasn't a fit for Vale, I guess.

The first time since Sir John's days that I have just sat and watched such excellent quality football.

James Wilson is a great footballer and getting fitter by the week.

Our midfield is the best in the division.

Great to see a growing attendance in Bycars. Could it be fans who are still a bit nervous of sitting in a crowd are heading for Bycars and some social distancing?

Archived