onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Colchester United

Fosse69

10 minutes ago, Beech said:

Yeah. They were still in it at 2-0 and that next goal, if there is one, is always massive. We will smash someone 5 or 6 soon, I'm sure of it.

I’m gonna keep throwing a fiver at it 33/40 to 1. Value imo. We play col u 33 times we out 5 past them at least once. 

4E96BB2E-BC87-443D-822F-51ECD325655D.png

Advert

Just now, CambridgeDon said:

Just thinking after the game how many scouts might have been there watching Gibbo and Conlon (and possibly Rodney). If we stay in the automatic places, we're odds on to get interest if not bids in the transfer window. L1 offers I'm sure we can repel with the prospect we're going up but what would the club do if we had decent offers from the Championship? A lot would depend on the player. Just hoping that we can keep this side together because my guess is, with some key additions, we'd do well in L1. I'm sure Carol and Kev have real ambitions for the club, so I just hope they'd do what it takes to repel all invaders.

UTV!

For the first time since Sir John, I would feel confident that if any of our players were sold - for the proper money - that money would be reinvested in the squad, and on good quality replacements!

3 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

With our position we should be getting minimum of 6000 home fans each game and not having to rely on away fans to take it up over that mark.  I know Bradford on the box and that will reduce the gate but even going into the winter months really hope our supporters get behind us as we are playing some great stuff at home and feel we should be getting more.

I'd normally agree with you - but you have to remember the dross and false promises / positions we've had and been in, over recent seasons. There will be some confidence rebuilding to do. It's pretty obvious from some of the comments on here that Vale fans have had their noses rubbed in it, for quite a while - it will need consistently good performances, and maintaining our position in the top 3...or, at least, challenging to restore some of this lost faith. We will get there - I'm sure of that!

Great performance completely outclassed them with the scary thing being i dont think we had to get out of a second gear to do so.

we were hungrier than them first to every second ball and then when we had it passed it about really nicely. james wilson is becoming better as the games go by. Lead the line really well. Thought politic tied there number 18 in knots all first half and he was put out of his misery at half time being dragged off. 

conlons best game in a while. Pett is too good for this level hes a 9/10 every week. 

every single one of them was on there game today. Bring on crawley!

2 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Just thinking after the game how many scouts might have been there watching Gibbo and Conlon (and possibly Rodney). If we stay in the automatic places, we're odds on to get interest if not bids in the transfer window. L1 offers I'm sure we can repel with the prospect we're going up but what would the club do if we had decent offers from the Championship? A lot would depend on the player. Just hoping that we can keep this side together because my guess is, with some key additions, we'd do well in L1. I'm sure Carol and Kev have real ambitions for the club, so I just hope they'd do what it takes to repel all invaders.

UTV!

I think that with Gibbo or Conlon, if we go up Vale would be in a good position to offer what's required to keep them (Conlon was sorted don't forget before this season)...Gibbons needs to be looked after too IMO...If a Championship club comes in and its a huge opportunity , then we cant compete. Depends on the player of course. Grass isn't always greener and can definitely decline the players career. But at the end of the day money talks.

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Anybody hear Clarkey on RS . He really gives it to Mr Bowers .

As soon as Bowers mentioned how poor Colchester were first half Clarke bit his head off saying that is because we need credit for it. 

I'm not bothered about Colchester !! Brilliant Clarkey neither am I. 

Bowers seems to rub Clarke up the wrong way but I don't think any questions he asks are particularly provocative!

2 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Bowers seems to rub Clarke up the wrong way but I don't think any questions he asks are particularly provocative!

The problem is and this applies to all journalists in football, often the questions are so mundane and clichéd I just don't think Clarke has the time for it. He's clearly irritable even after a win. 

I think it's hilarious because he shoots from the hip. Journos must hate him . 

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

The problem is and this applies to all journalists in football, often the questions are so mundane and clichéd I just don't think Clarke has the time for it. He's clearly irritable even after a win. 

I think it's hilarious because he shoots from the hip. Journos must hate him . 

Totally agree, Clarke has his critics, but i love the honesty. 

I always wonder why Phil Bowers asks the questions he does sometimes:laugh:

I like his commentary BTY ...Was he the commentator who said biting your finger nails and clenching your buttocks?...That has always stuck with me and I'm sure it was him. Not sure who it was against though.

1 minute ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Nah, he isn't. Bowers is a decent interviewer. Dc is a James Blunt. Hopefully a James Blunt who gets us promoted. 

Bowers is a nice guy suited for local radio,DC is a pro ...big difference. Still, I'd take Bowers over that pathetic blakeman anytime.

Archived