onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Colchester United

Fosse69

Advert

An utter flogging and should have been 5 or 6.

I was listening to the Not the top twenty podcast this morning and they tipped us to win, saying "I'm not sure who the second best team in league two is yet, Its probably Swindon but it could be vale" well I hope this weekend clarifies the point for them

Well it's becoming a habit.... That was easy. 

I am not bothering to check any of the previous posts on this thread so unsure what others think......

Conlon and Gibbons outstanding.

Wilson, Cass, Pett, Very very good.

The rest very good with just Worrall having an off day, but he is due one.

5 home wins on the trot !!!@@@

UTV.

6 hours ago, Joe B said:

Covolan

Cass Smith Jones

Worrall Pett Conlon Gibbons

Rodney Wilson Politic

😇

Superb stuff from back to front. Every man class. Conlon looked better and more influential dictating from deep. Gibbons is an absolute diamond. Covolan safe as houses once again. His obsessive willingness to receive passes to feet is so, so useful. 

Their decision to stick with a 4 man defence (with a puddled CB at RB) 1st half was disastrous; he either tucked in to mark Politic and gave Gibbons freedom of Vale Park, or sat wide and allowed Politic to cut through with ease. Gibbons goal, then a Politic assist. It was comically easy and fantastic stuff from Clarke. Mullins got tactically spun and serious questions will be being asked of him.

Total control in the second half with possession, and Amoo and Cass could have made it 5. We had our top-scorer out, subbed Worrall, and were bringing on players who stroll into 90% of League 2 teams. The squad depth is excellent and testament to a summer of well-planned and executed recruitment. It excites me to think what Flitters can do with this time, without the need for a systematic rebuild.

You simply have to Trust the Pruhcess and You Matrix here. Stoke and Crewe in the mud. The Rampant Whites. 

2 minutes ago, Joe B said:

😇

Superb stuff from back to front. Every man class. Conlon looked better and more influential dictating from deep. Gibbons is an absolute diamond. Covolan safe as houses once again. His obsessive willingness to receive passes to feet is so, so useful. 

Their decision to stick with a 4 man defence (with a puddled CB at RB) was disastrous; he either tucked in to mark Politic and gave Gibbons freedom of Vale Park, or sat wide and allowed Politic to cut through with ease. Gibbons goal, then a Politic assist. It was comically easy and fantastic stuff from Clarke.

Total control in the second half with possession, and Amoo and Cass could have made it 5. We had our top-scorer out, subbed Worrall, and were bringing on players who stroll into 90% of League 2 teams. The squad depth is excellent and testament to a summer of well-planned and executed recruitment. It excites me to think what Flitters can do with this time, without the need for a systematic rebuild.

You simply have to Trust the Pruhcess and You Matrix here. Stoke and Crewe in the mud. The Rampant Whites. 

It’s a game of opinions, although no one had a bad game i thought Conlon was probably the worst player today.

1 minute ago, Conrad said:

It’s a game of opinions, although no one had a bad game i thought Conlon was probably the worst player today.

I thought he was a close 2nd for MOTM. Controlled us in possession and won a lot of balls back. Thought he was outstanding. 

Conlon's role imo has been tweaked abit. He plays as a more defensive midfielder as oppose to a play maker now. Obviously he still has the playmaker to do, but I think he's set out to be more defensive now. I also think he's doing it very well.
He wins so many challanges and nicking the ball it's unreal.

You can develop players for years in top academies, and they still won't learn the innate attributes that Gibbo has.

He's an excellent player in a load of ways, but his seething aggression, work-rate, and borderline viciousness in everything he does isn't coachable. He looks perpetually fuming at everything and everyone and it reflects brilliantly in the way he plays.

Him clattering their lad in the 2nd half, after the ball was out and the player was two yards off the pitch, was top drawer. Vintage Gibbo. Future captain.

Archived