onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Colchester United

Fosse69

Advert

3 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:
18 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:
Teams are now marking him more due to his speed and raw talent.  However, this allows our other players more room.
Just needs to learn, and it will come under our coaches, to loose his markers and create chances for him to score.  Have faith in him to do this.  He is still learning his trade, so will take time.

He did brilliantly to get the ball and get it set up for the first goal. I thought he had a good game today tbf

I second that. Thought Rodney played well and gave us an outlet. Hardly lost the ball and sprayed some lovely cross field balls after holding it up. It’s like we take that for granted from him. He’ll be a big player for us this season. 

7 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:
21 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:
Teams are now marking him more due to his speed and raw talent.  However, this allows our other players more room.
Just needs to learn, and it will come under our coaches, to loose his markers and create chances for him to score.  Have faith in him to do this.  He is still learning his trade, so will take time.

He did brilliantly to get the ball and get it set up for the first goal. I thought he had a good game today tbf

Some of us are saying he had a quiet game and wasn't mentioned much in the commentary.  I am saying is this down to being marked out of the game now due to defenders staying very close to him and at times double marking him, due to his potential to score and run past players and cause problems in the box.  Commentators also said he was quiet in this game. 

Teams now know he is dangerous and mark him now, leaving others to come into their own.  I would rather he is quiet and pulls defenders out to mark him.  Not once have I said or others he is rubbish and needs to come off this match.

2 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Some of us are saying he had a quiet game and wasn't mentioned much in the commentary.  I am saying is this down to being marked out of the game now due to defenders staying very close to him and at times double marking him, due to his potential to score and run past players and cause problems in the box.  Commentators also said he was quiet in this game.  

Wouldn’t take much notice of the commentators. Every time I’ve watched on iFollow, it’s like they are watching a different game.  

Wouldn’t take much notice of the commentators. Every time I’ve watched on iFollow, it’s like they are watching a different game.  
Er never said you said that he was rubbish today thing is with gibbo, wozza, Wilson and whoever the other is be it the politician, Rodders, Amoo, Proctor we are causing chaos in defences when we are on it.
Out of all of them, one will create the spaces, drag defenders out of position pretty much all the time. Very clever from DC and is very intelligent play.
UTV

Er never said you said that he was rubbish today thing is with gibbo, wozza, Wilson and whoever the other is be it the politician, Rodders, Amoo, Proctor we are causing chaos in defences when we are on it.
Out of all of them, one will create the spaces, drag defenders out of position pretty much all the time. Very clever from DC and is very intelligent play.
UTV
Wrong quote lol should be Pvfc enjoy your night guys UTV

Rodney was far from poor today. I thought his overall game was alright. But ultimately he has 1 goal in 9 this season which is a poor return from him, and I should imagine his confidence is far from the best it's been because of this reason.

2 minutes ago, Beech said:

Maybe we made them look so bad just as Mansfield did to us at times earlier this week. Sometimes you just have to give credit to your opposition on the day. But the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle.

Normally I would agree but today I don't think it was a case of Vale not allowing them to play. Colchester just sat off us and didn't compete for the ball or press and allowed us to play and do as we wanted. Case in point was Vale's first goal, Tom Conlon could had downed a beer and still had time to play Gibbo in for the goal, when good players are given that much time and space they will do the business.

I expected a tough game today as they have some good players but for me it was a case of Colchester not being at the races today and Vale having the players to take advantage.

Rodder's is short of confidence and needs a goal to start his confidence going again.  He had a quiet game and not mentioned much by the commentators either and they said when he came off he had a quiet game as well.  This could be down to being marked out of the game due to his speed and being dangerous.

He held the line well , was a good outlet to relieve pressure and acted as a good deputy ,with proctor out injured.

18 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I didn’t think they were any worse than most of the sides we have played so far, the looked poor up front though. Just think we were excellent on the day 

Never seen any team give the ball away as often as them,they were our best ball winner!!

2 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Normally I would agree but today I don't think it was a case of Vale not allowing them to play. Colchester just sat off us and didn't compete for the ball or press and allowed us to play and do as we wanted. Case in point was Vale's first goal, Tom Conlon could had downed a beer and still had time to play Gibbo in for the goal, when good players are given that much time and space they will do the business.

I expected a tough game today as they have some good players but for me it was a case of Colchester not being at the races today and Vale having the players to take advantage.

Happens to all of us at this level. Only takes a few players having an off day and you'll get turned over. But we still had to show up and we certainly did that. I thought 3-0 flattered them a bit as it should have been a couple more.

Archived