onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Colchester United

Fosse69

Advert

Just now, Bob Newtonian said:

This will be a tough game.

there’s no reason to believe that vale will change from DC fundamentals… 2 up top and 5 at the back…..fine details are up to the manager… our job is to create an atmosphere…. Are we up to it ?

Are we good enough as supporters to rise above what we perceive as tactics and simply get behind the team throughout without using any misplaced pass as a lever to promote our own agendas ? Big game for us fans I think…. When DC and Fitz get another offer as they surely will…. Can we be passionate enough to influence them to stay?

Remember we can all comment on football but we aren’t professionals paying our mortgage through it… let’s support not criticise until after the final whistle, bloody hell vale is in my families blood… we wil need everyone on board for the best part of 2 hours tomorrow not 5 minutes.

enjoy the game remember it’s all about getting 3 points at the end of 90 mins 

Agree about the supporters the last two posts spot on not always going play well so encouragement by everyone is a must if going today ,the atmosphere has not being what it should be in my opinion folk need to get out there seats and contribute more than just sitting there quietly it's not a library someone loudly remarked at times last week behind me that thefans only cheered when we scored got do better than that he was spot on .
Make it a horrible place come for visiting sides I feel we have a decent enough team to give hell of a lot more from the terraces .
UTV

4 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Agree about the supporters the last two posts spot on not always going play well so encouragement by everyone is a must if going today ,the atmosphere has not being what it should be in my opinion folk need to get out there seats and contribute more than just sitting there quietly it's not a library someone loudly remarked at times last week behind me that thefans only cheered when we scored got do better than that he was spot on .
Make it a horrible place come for visiting sides I feel we have a decent enough team to give hell of a lot more from the terraces .
UTV

Same at away games everybody standing up as soon as they kick off 95% sit down and stay quite and like you say only cheer if we score thank goodness for the 5%

Covolan

Cass Smith Jones

Worrall Pett Conlon Gibbons

Rodney Wilson Politic

Liked the idea of a 343 suggested by another poster. Without Proctor, 352 doesn't seem to work as well as don't have a focal point. Conlon will have to be more restrained but him and Pett sitting and allowing Worrall and Gibbons to get wide of a quick front three might be nice to watch.

19 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Covolan

Cass Smith Jones

Worrall Pett Conlon Gibbons

Rodney Wilson Politic

Liked the idea of a 343 suggested by another poster. Without Proctor, 352 doesn't seem to work as well as don't have a focal point. Conlon will have to be more restrained but him and Pett sitting and allowing Worrall and Gibbons to get wide of a quick front three might be nice to watch.

Don’t think he will go with a front 3…. He likes two up front through the middle…. AnywaY he normally gets these calls right and when he doesn’t he quickly changes it….  Here’s hoping to another home win and 3 points. 

Same at away games everybody standing up as soon as they kick off 95% sit down and stay quite and like you say only cheer if we score thank goodness for the 5%
You gotta get behind them if Worrall running down the right if 3500 in the paddock going GO ON SON it will make hell of a difference if 30 do he probably won't hear it make sure he flaming does.
Bang the sides of paddock with Darrell Clarkes black and white army constantly throughout the game,lorne street wake up stop moaning and Bycars give it your all .

I agree this negativity towards players who make a mistake or miss placed pass is annoying, let’s get behind the lads and encourage them. Was really annoyed how Covalan was dissected against Barrow ! made a bit of a mistake and was almost crucified, yet his biggest critics  said nowt about getting us a point at Mansfield. 
Anyway come on you whites let’s be ,aving you ! At them from the off let’s show them we mean business! NO PRISONERS! 

Was just looking at the league table to see how Colchester were doing and was pretty surprised to see they've only scored 9 goals so far in their 12 games (the 2nd worst in the league)!

But, they've only conceded 12 which is the 3rd best record in the league.

This means it will be a 4-4 draw today!

Alan Judge, Hannant, Nouble, Freddie Sears and Tommy Smith are all good players at this level so should be a good game (and hopefully another win!). 

Really excited for this one today!

Archived