onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Colchester United

Fosse69

Colchester beat Harrogate last Saturday their only home win, their other 2 wins have been away (Barrow &Oldham), no half throttle against them Vale, 4th home win on the trot please. Firm up our promotion position although injuries are restricting our options, hopefully Proctor will be returning amongst others, whether DC shares the treatment situation with us or not.

Advert

Well I hope we start a lot better than we did against Barrow we were very lethargic first half. After last nights showing we need to be much better all over the park. Not sure on the team could Amoo make an appearance ? he really needs to show what he can do, as Rodders seems a little off the boil. I am sure DC will come up with the answer and hopefully three points.

Colchester have taken 4 points but smash and grabbed both games... nicked a late winner against Harrogate on the break with their only shot on target and apparently Rovers battered them for most of last nights game.

They dont score many (9) but do have a decent defensive stat of only 12 against, similar to many of the top sides so anticipate they will sit in and try and get us on the break.

Early goal is key, get that we can hopefully open them up and try and get a good win, if we can win this we have had a decent week and would already be half way to the magic 50 point mark for the first check point.

Hope Proctor is ready go if not a few tweaks in the starting 11 for sat .
Having seen last night I think Gibbons should be first name on team sheet the difference in application was very different once he entered the fray.
Benning seems a better sub than starting player for someone who turned the game sat to then the following game take 2 steps forward and one step back was very disappointing.
I can also see why we look a much better attacking outfit when either Cass or Gibbons are on Worralls side because there both major positive that's why .
I do not think Smith works there like someone pointed out he is better as the middle centre half to the right or left he weakens us somewhat not wholly but slightly .
Who's pushing for a start is Walker anywhere near is Cass going be back ,has Politic deserved his chance I'd say YES he as ,is Rodney going make a impact,is Hurst pushing for a start ,did Lloyd do enough last night I'd say he put the hard yards in ,is Wilson fit enough play 3 games in a week .
Should we change formation I think you have keep teams guessing what your going do .
Different games require different qualities .
Let's get them 3 points
UTV

Assuming Proctor is out and Cass back, I would try and get on the front foot from the start which we never did last night and go 4-3-3.

Lucas

Gibbons  Cass  Smith  Jones

Pett Conlon Garrity

Worrall Wilson Politic

Would love to see Gibbons and Worrall combining down the right to great effect like we have seen before.  I know we are sitting pretty but for me Worrall is wasted at wing back and needs to be played in his most effective position.  If Walker is fit be tempted to make a change in the midfield and possibly bring him in for Garrity, just feel last 3 games the midfield has slightly struggled and might be worth changing up.

We (the Fielding family) are matchball sponsors on Saturday.

It was my 50th during lockdown so it's a delayed birthday present to be in the posh seats.

I'm really looking forward to the behind the scenes tour as I've heard lots about the improvements to the tunnel area, dressing rooms etc.

I'll try and put some photos on here if I get any good ones. 

Ain't going on sat so me lad be going instead .
Here's my team
Covalan
Gibbons Martin Smith Jones
Pett Conlon Walker
Worrall Wilson Politic
Jones in Bennings position we need more positivity than what was shown on Tues there was no thrust in Vale at all everything Benning did v Barrow he didn't do v Mansfield .
Gibbons enthusiasm and go for it work should see him on the right side with Worrall ,no idea why Benning was left on so long v Mansfield seemed like he was thinking he was still one of there players but its gone now there was a lot of sloppy displays that night .
Garrity who I like a lot was off it 2 I'd possibly be making a change the game seemed pass him by the other night seemed be a yard behind the game but you could say that about Conlon also ,I'd always play Pett at least he tried get on the ball and do good things so for me Walker in for Garrity .
The three up front are all players who have lit up Vale park just keep doing what you are doing I think Politic as earned a home start for me people may say he didn't do much the other night well we were so deep what could he do Mansfield outplayed us we never really got to grips with them at all so all forward players on that particular evening were made look poor we never played with any hunger or intensity only when Gibbo entered the fray we seemed up it at all .
Enjoy the game and pack the park

Archived